Ren'Py Abandoned Dragons Keep Tavern [DEMOv2] [HornedCrew]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
This game is just a demo, but it mostly just demonstrates a highly grindy and boring game, with very little reward, compared to the time and effort spent grinding away at repetitive tasks... The visuals are alright, but there is not really all that much content in this demo, and I found myself getting bored quickly... What little erotic content there is, requires a lot of grinding to open it up, you sometimes get punished for trying to see content again that you opened up, and they are very short events... I went ahead and posted my review...

HornedCrew

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
This game is just a demo, but it mostly just demonstrates a highly grindy and boring game, with very little reward, compared to the time and effort spent grinding away at repetitive tasks... The visuals are alright, but there is not really all that much content in this demo, and I found myself getting bored quickly... What little erotic content there is, requires a lot of grinding to open it up, you sometimes get punished for trying to see content again that you opened up, and they are very short events... I went ahead and posted my review...
Thank you for your honest opinion, we welcome constructive criticism. I'm tweaking the game right now to make it less grindy and repetitive, but we are glad that you liked the art at least. There will be a bugfix with some other gameplay improvements later this week.

DarkKingRen

May 30, 2017
Thank you for your honest opinion, we welcome constructive criticism. I'm tweaking the game right now to make it less grindy and repetitive, but we are glad that you liked the art at least. There will be a bugfix with some other gameplay improvements later this week.
I'm glad you are open to constructive criticism. I have yet to download the game but when I do I plan on leaving a review. I do want to say is I like the idea and concept of the game. Good luck

HornedCrew

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
I'm glad you are open to constructive criticism. I have yet to download the game but when I do I plan on leaving a review. I do want to say is I like the idea and concept of the game. Good luck
Thanks. Actually, I recommend you to wait for a couple of days until I make a new version with less grind and some quality of life improvements mentioned before in this thread.

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
I have to say that I like the game though the things that got me was there was no way to speed/skip text but that may come later i think I read. It is great to see a dev that appreciates the feedback and takes the time to answer questions here and Hope that this game takes off for your

ipupkin2017

Jul 6, 2017
Normally the first thing I do with a Ren'py game is go into the settings, mute the volume of everything and then check the text speed, raising it up before I start playing.
He he, I do exactly the same... plus enable skipping of transitions and unseen text (in case if it will be boring) ;)
And that why I love Ren'Py... even if dev made ridiculous settings you still can easily change them.

M9000

Oct 27, 2017
I like this game, however it is currently in a demo stage, so is obviously low in content. What is here, though, is good art with a story with the potential to go places. A little grindy and with seemingly no failure ending, it could do with some more work and tweaking to improve the game-play. More scenes and a few extra characters would also build on the basic structure found here.

Not a bad little game that can be finished within twenty minutes to half an hour, but needs some improving, keep it up though, has the potential to be good.

HornedCrew

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2018
After some balancing, we are pleased to present an updated version of the demo.

Changelog:

• Fixed shitton of bugs, saves now work correctly.
  • Reworked balance. Now the game does not require as much grinding as before. More money with less time!
  • Added requested features like text skipping with ctrl and preferences button in the main menu
  • Corrected the typos and reworked some of the dialogues (huge thanks to Nude Noodle)
New major update with new scenes and mechanics are on its way. Get ready for the Expedition!

Last edited:
Reactions: Daveck and LbM-93

PoyntFury

The Man With The Need To Breed
Donor
Dec 14, 2017
7 months with no update or correspondence, the game is dead ladies and gents.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote