• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Dreams of Desire: Definitive Edition - Lain's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v1.0] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Maim Lain your mod recommends revealing outfit for mom which leads to only NTR scene in the game. She blows a dude if you pick revealing outfit for her. I wonder why did you greenlight that choice

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
Maim Lain Thanks for creating this walkthrough MOD, its very well done. I see that you plan to add options to view all the possible endings in your next update which is even better. If possible, could you please consider adding a shortcut on the main menu to start the "Holiday Special" and "Lost Memories" games as well? Thanks.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Is there any chance you'll add all the possible endings to the gallery, to include the preggo ending?
Corrupted ending would be awesome too (what happened to alt endings this version)?
Yep, all endings and missing scenes are being added to gallery in the upcoming game update.

And then i need to restart the game again :( i mean... go to the save folder in C: and cancel all the save... because the game remember who you do and in the gallery the game give me the shitty NTR scene. So to not have it, i need to restart a clean game again...
Oh well at last i use skip unseen text till that part again.
The scene gallery does not remember what you chose or use your save when it replays the scene! So anything you've done or any saves you have don't affect the replays! I'm not sure if I'll be able to add option to change how the gallery scenes play out in the next game update though.

The mod worked the first time I used it, but now when I try to start up the game I get this
I am using the compressed version with the improved img pack and used all the unren if that helps figure this out
Generally don't use UnRen on games you've added mods to. Extract a new version of the DoD game, add the mod to it, but don't use UnRen on the game, then it will work again.

I am having an error with the bonus scene
That's a bug in the game and is fixed in upcoming game update.

If possible, could you please consider adding a shortcut on the main menu to start the "Holiday Special" and "Lost Memories" games as well? Thanks.
Well buttons to start those unlock on the main menu after completing the main story, but are you asking for a cheat that unlocks them without requiring to complete the main game?

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Yep, all endings and missing scenes are being added to gallery in the upcoming game update.
Awesome!!!

Well buttons to start those unlock on the main menu after completing the main story, but are you asking for a cheat that unlocks them without requiring to complete the main game?
The would be amazing if you could do that for us :D

• Hey there
Reactions: rKnight

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
Yes that is what I am asking for. I would like the ability to play the other two specials without the need to play through the entire main game first.

Takenwith

Apr 20, 2020
Hi all, my compressed unofficial Android port of Dreams of Desire 1.0.3 Definitive Edition Elite with Maim Lain walk through and improvements mod.
Usual gestures, seethru textbox adjustable text/choice size etc etc..
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!
I can't see all the choices on my phone. How do I fix this?

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
IDK wtf im getting wrong. The "game" folder from the mod is 5.0Mb but the actual "game" folder is 5.4Gb. How can this work? I did try to put it in. But im still getting a traceback text popup. Lmao can anyone guide my dumbass?
because mods only got updated scripts and maybe few pics for gallery and such and those dont take much
just drop mods "game" inside main game folder and overwrite everything if need it should work then.

highway1

Apr 25, 2018
Hi not sure if anyone can help....when I start game I get an exception error...straight away if I ignore this ..I can play through till Tracy comes home and MCs work is stolen out the drawer...then another error...and jump to TV console dialog...then stuck in a loop and can't progress.....I downloaded from title page of this thread....any help much appreciated...I was enjoying the game though.....

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
Put the folder named "game" from the mod into your DreamsOfDesire folder.
I have no idea why those instructions worked in this specific instance. It has nothing to do with the transparent textbox file posted named "bg.png". But, I'm going to download that file, rename it textbox.png and paste in the folder containing the file. But I have a different request. How can I left align the character name text so I can look at the renders without obstruction?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote