tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
The point is that SHE doesn't kiss ANYBODY. In that path, Sebastian kisses HER and it is NON-CONSENSUAL to boot!
I hope so. I just started the game personally and I was going by what other people in this thread were going. If that's the case I'll keep on keeping on.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
The point is that SHE doesn't kiss ANYBODY. In that path, Sebastian kisses HER and it is NON-CONSENSUAL to boot!
The husband doesn't know that though. For the kiss to happen, she at least lead him on or gave certain signals that made someone else think it would be ok to try the kiss in the first place. She put herself into the situation where that could happen. A husband would not take the revelation lightly, and put all kinds of thoughts in their head on what else she's doing that she's not brave enough to admit. A Pandora's box type situation.

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
For the kiss to happen, she at least lead him on or gave certain signals that made someone else think it would be ok.
Sebastian is Manipulating her. and It's made abundantly clear the attention is all from his side. What you've done is victim blaming. Louise was the victim of a sexual assault.

and when she tells the MC, he has the option to dump her on the street.

is that a good supportive husband?

but then, You also have the option to forgive, and move past it. just like she did with you in the toilets (if you chose that route)

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Sebastian is Manipulating her. and It's made abundantly clear the attention is all from his side. What you've done is victim blaming. Louise was the victim of a sexual assault.

and when she tells the MC, he has the option to dump her on the street.

is that a good supportive husband?
Yes, we as the player know this. I'm trying to look at this from the Husband perspective. From his view, he has supported her every step of the way, stayed faithful when another women literally throws herself at him. Now his wife spends all her time with Sebastian, goes on dinner dates with him after work, and tells her husband that she was kissed by the guy...yet still after that kiss, spent more and more time with the guy after the kiss/car accident. Just how supportive do you expect a guy to be?

Sawdogg06

Mar 5, 2019
After playing Chp 1 I immediately became a Patreon subscriber. First game in a while that struck such a cord with me. So great job DEV. I also quickly realized that I was going to have to disassociate with identifying myself as the MC which I do in many games. I did this to avoid issues with my own insecurities (NTR, cuck, not a fan) and play the game from an outside different perspective. Now that I don't associate with making decisions as the MC I can now play this game with no worries. I also have a few saves so I can play all routes. (insane route, non insanity route, Louise route, cheating route). I look forward to many more updates.

Side note: Louise hasn't done anything that would warrant kicking her to the curb, I have been married for 17 years IRL and if my wife used her own sexuality to get ahead in her career more power to her. Louise admitted to Sebastian kissing her, my problem is not the kiss but what she did that led up to that kiss. My wife and I would have to have a very serious conversation about her actions but depending on future actions not worth a complete break up.

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
what she did that led up to that kiss. My wife and I would have to have a very serious conversation about her actions but depending on future actions not worth a complete break up.
this, very much this. I hate that its really difficult I can't just out right tell you what I have planned for the MC and Louise. I try to guide but I think it just comes across as obtuse or smug - If I could tell you what I have in store for Sebastian, I think it would put a lot of these discussions to bed.

Perhaps it will help if I re-state, Sebastian is not stable (clearly lol)in ch1 he wanted Louise as a trophy. when he realised he couldn't have her (as a trophy (psst guys, the pictures on the wall(in ch1 'evil' scene)). he then decided that no one could have her.

We need to be afraid for her safety. I am.

As for the husbands PoV, This is addressed (in the upcoming part 2) . this is only part one of the second chapter :) Anyway, I know not everyone wants to feel sad - I get that, as I've said. its not for everyone :)

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Louise admitted to Sebastian kissing her, my problem is not the kiss but what she did that led up to that kiss. My wife and I would have to have a very serious conversation about her actions but depending on future actions not worth a complete break up.
Thank you, my sentiment exactly. If your wife's action after was to spend more and more time with the guy, it would put a lot of doubt in the fidelity of the marriage, and warrant at least some doubt to her true intentions.

Edit: I should have worded what I said better, I wasn't trying to pull the victim blaming card.

Last edited:

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Side note: Louise hasn't done anything that would warrant kicking her to the curb, I have been married for 17 years IRL and if my wife used her own sexuality to get ahead in her career more power to her. Louise admitted to Sebastian kissing her, my problem is not the kiss but what she did that led up to that kiss. My wife and I would have to have a very serious conversation about her actions but depending on future actions not worth a complete break up.
I've also been married for quite some time, almost 20 years now. A man trying to kiss my wife would not be grounds for leaving her. But her continuing the relationship with that man AFTER that happened most certainly would be.

Cenc
Do we have the opportunity to break up with Louise after we decided not to dump her after the assault, but she keeps hanging out with Sebastian anyway?

Edit: Also, I haven't gotten to that part of the game. Did she kiss him back? (That's fairly important)

Edit 2: ALSO, is there the much more realistic option of: "Holy shit, that's a lot to take in, I need to think about this for a bit." when the MC finds out? Or is it simply forgive or dump right away?

Last edited:

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I've also been married for quite some time, almost 20 years now. A man trying to kiss my wife would not be grounds for breaking up. But her continuing the relationship with that man AFTER that happened most certainly would be.

Cenc
Do we have the opportunity to break up with Louise after we decided not to dump her after the assault, but she keeps hanging out with Sebastian anyway?
Fair point. I'm pretty sure even in this game's universe, there are legal avenues to take against sexual assault in workplace and everything would be in her favor. Even if she didn't want to take that route, she could just stop having any realtionship with him and leave. She is obviously skilled enough to land an office job from what we've seen and it's not like hubby is on a wheelchair for life. Staying with him makes it obvious she is willing to enable more predatory behavior for the sake of her dream career. Practically "selling" herself.

That said, I doubt this game will go towards any type of serious NTR (as said already). That dude gives off more of a serial killer vibe than just a dude who wants to steal a wife.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Even if she didn't want to take that route, she could just stop having any realtionship with him and leave. She is obviously skilled enough to land an office job from what we've seen and it's not like hubby is on a wheelchair for life. Staying with him makes it obvious she is willing to enable more predatory behavior for the sake of her dream career. Practically "selling" herself.
My problem now is the fact that I have prior knowledge. I know that she will continue her relationship with Sebastian after she tells MC about it. That increases the odds of an immediate "gtf out" by like...a lot. And if that brings about an early end to the game, well...

Last edited:
Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
The kiss with Sebastian, only happens if YOU decide that it happens. It means you were not supportive of her and that's why she night have chosen something that leads to the kiss.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
Let's be honest for a sec, the DEV as done nothing but show Louise as a terrible wife and than tries to say that kicking her out is a bad move. If you are supportive of her and do everything right you still end up with a woman who would rather spend time with a predator than her supportive husband. I mean I have no idea what the DEV is thinking if they believe that most people are not going to drop the wife after going through so much effort to show her in a poor light.

The kiss from Sebastian is a one sided thing if you play the supportive husband and let's be honest at this point you are way more than just "supportive", you are bordering on being either a cuck or someone that will see no wrong even when it's right in front of your face. Louise has shown she cares more about her career than her own husband and that even after knowing without a doubt Sebastian's motives, a willingness to put herself into a situation where another man other than her husband will be touching her.

How did she think this was going to go? I would string him along until I get what I want and than drop him. What about the next time she needs 'help' with her career, is she going to go further? When is the line to far and we as the 'supportive' husband finally allowed to drop the wife and not be accused of being an ass?

Last edited:

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
Well, two things:
1) this game needs the cheating tag as the MC can be a cheating asshole and...

2) As for Louise and whether she is or isn't loyal. Obviously Cenc has said there is no NTR planned at all so I have to respect that. However, the shot where Sebastian picks Louise up and she is posing in the door was what made me think that she perhaps entertained the idea of giving into Sebastian's desires. As if she wasn't above using her beauty to tease and string Sebastian along until she got what she wanted (success). It seems Louise has decided that succeeding is more important than her husband's well being or their marriage - leaving him alone for hours on end while she goes and meets Sebastian and groups of people again and again in an attempt to become a successful artist (which is bizarre to me since it really shouldn't take weeks/months of meetings to decide if an artist will be displaying art in a gallery) instead of spending time with him while he is healing. The fractures he suffered take 4-8 weeks to heal completely, depending on severity. Also was weird that they waited until he was fully healed to have the funeral.

I stuck to the Louise only path, because I don't play cheating assholes, but I think I'm not going further with the game at this point. Don't get me wrong, I think the developer overall has a well-written and decently rendered game, but I don't really want to play a game where the MC is investigating the murder of his daughter and the serial killer who is courting his wife. Just not what I want to play right now, too dark a story line for me. Not that everything has to be rainbows and fluffy kittens but it doesn't seem like this is going to lighten up at all (and most likely will get darker). In addition the emotional investment in Louise isn't there to convince me to keep going, we met her, then 16 years passed, the daughter died (Sebastian rammed his car into their car?) and now the MC barely spends anytime with her. <shrug>

Anyway, hope the MC doesn't end up going too insane while sitting at home waiting for his wife to come back from an "artist" meeting.
See if he was to cheat I don't look at it as just another "cheating asshole" cliche. From his point of view he's a grieving man, and at a time when his wife should be by his side she's instead too busy spending time with Sebastian and others. She's literally putting her career over her husband. Meanwhile, a young, beautiful and so far understanding nurse comes in his life to be the proverbial shoulder to lean on. Like, to me if he does fall for her or cheats in my opinion that's justifiable and I don't see him as an asshole at all, I see him as a hurting, lonely and vulnerable man.

I do agree with you on the Louise part, I think she knows what she's doing and knows that this guy is into her and will probably use it to her advantage but for players like me it's hard to watch even the facts about Sebastian.

But I'm not ready to throw in the towel on this game just yet, but I do have questions and concerns like what's the whole purpose of MC going insane and hallucinating about his now dead daughter? Like what's the goal? To me it just seem rather cruel and disgusting.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
Let's be honest for a sec, the DEV as done nothing but show Louise as a terrible wife and than tries to say that kicking her out is a bad move. If you are supportive of her and do everything right you still end up with a woman who would rather spend time with a predator than her supportive husband. I mean I have no idea what the DEV is thinking if they believe that most people are not going to drop the wife after going through so much effort to show her in a poor light.

The kiss from Sebastian is a one sided thing if you play the supportive husband and let's be honest at this point you are way more than just "supportive", you are bordering on being either a cuck or someone that will see no wrong even when it's right in front of your face. Louise has shown she cares more about her career than her own husband and that even after knowing without a doubt Sebastian's motives, a willingness to put herself into a situation where another man other than her husband will be touching her.

How did she think this was going to go? I would string him along until I get what I want and than drop him. What about the next time she needs 'help' with her career, is she going to go further? When is the line to far and we as the 'supportive' husband finally allowed to drop the wife and not be accused of be an ass?
Yeah, so far the "Supportive" route is looking more like the Simp route. And even though it's still too early to fully label it that, from an optics standpoint it's understandable why some will feel that way.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
Yeah, so far the "Supportive" route is looking more like the Simp route. And even though it's still too early to fully label it that, from an optics standpoint it's understandable why some will feel that way.
I am not one to kink shame, but there is only so much a person will take before they will just say, "is this really worth all the effort"? From what I'm seeing in the story the answer is, no it is not. I mean the DEV isn't even trying to paint the wife as a good wife, but wants the husband to be faithful and do everything for the both of them in the relationship. That is not a healthy relationship at all and was not one even before the accident. Though we don't know if the nurse is working for Sebastian or not, she has so far shown to be better and more supportive than his own wife.

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Hey, so I've uploaded a new version. since this was leaked I noticed a couple of features that needed iteration. (bugs got squished).

Change log below:

Chapter Two: PartOne 0.2.1
- Fixed a variable error that prohibited a scene from showing.
(this is towards the end of the update and is only viewable if you have 3 or more insanity- its a short 2 -3 minute scene, but will be referenced in part two. So to prevent confusion, you can go back and view it)
- Corrected an entry in the journal for cindy.
- Some spelling corrections.

It is only a small scene, but it adds a little extra context to the MC's descent under a more insane circumstance. Also you get to see angry Louise staring at MC's drunk arse. :p

Please note the compressed version has not been updated as yet.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
I'm giving Louise the benefit of doubt. Throwing yourself into your work after your daughter dies isn't unheard of, nor does avoiding spending a lot of time with the people (i.e., her husband) that reminds her of what she lost. That doesn't excuse her for not being supportive, and it's the type of thing that can end a marriage, but it's an understandable response.

Navigating relationship on the rocks isn't something you typically see in a VN. Providing Cenc can nail the nuance required, I'm looking forward to seeing the relationship play out and hopefully have the chance at a (beautiful) reconciliation.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
I am not one to kink shame, but there is only so much a person will take before they will just say, "is this really worth all the effort"? From what I'm seeing in the story the answer is, no it is not. I mean the DEV isn't even trying to paint the wife as a good wife, but wants the husband to be faithful and do everything for the both of them in the relationship. That is not a healthy relationship at all and was not one even before the accident. Though we don't know if the nurse is working for Sebastian or not, she has so far shown to be better and more supportive than his own wife.
That's the other thing Acting Lessons gave so many people including me anxiety, that playing games with a serious tone seems much more stressful than it should, it's like this weird paranoia I feel. I can't be the only one... I mean, I'd be lying if the thought of Danielle being Sebastian's younger sister didn't cross my mind.

4.00 star(s) 27 Votes