LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
Its to do with what she would sacrifice of her family, not what cock she would like to suck on.

and as for biased to my own creation... well yeah - i wrote the story, I know what I want the story to be - Im trying to advise those that missed the intention of the story to look at other aspects.
I get you wrote the story and that you want it to be seen in a certain way, but you went way out of your way to hit every flag/cliche/trope in a NTR game I have ever seen(I know you said that there will be no NTR in this game, that is not my concern or point)and the wife is not cast in a good light.
We as the player/MC must stick by a woman who is showing that the MC is not the most important thing in her life(I mean after the accident) and the second most important thing in her life before, but we must play the MC in a way that shows she is to him. That doesn't even remotely make me feel like even want to be a relationship with her if the MC/player is the only one fighting for it to work out.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
again, and I'll be blunt here. Thats in your head only. she is questioning herself as to what she will sacrifice. her family for her career? (and if u support, she chose the family) and then things start to unravell.
Maybe have her say EXACTLY that. Like I get what you're trying to drive across. Just seems like the easiest way to get rid of the ambiguity.

I mean I'm not a fan of her personally,but that's because I feel she's somewhat hypocritical,going back to the MC stripper thing.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Dev,so I have no idea how hard that would actually be.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
1. Lies to the MC (about dinner with Sebastian being for work).
She does lie to MC about dinner with Sebastian, and I think anybody will concede that this is potentially problematic. The question is "Why does she lie about it?" Her "spidey sense" is tingling, and she's not quite sure what Sebastian is playing at yet. However, she DOES want the business relationship to be successful so she decides to go to the restaurant even though she is uncomfortable about it. Does that make her a whore? I don't think so. I think it makes her a driven artist who wants to achieve success, and she has the opportunity in front of her. She's aware of a potential pitfall but decides to take the risk with eyes open. I don't think it's so surprising that she's hesitant to share all of her thoughts on the matter with her husband at this point. Nothing has happened and her unease may prove to be unfounded.

It's not unlike MC's decision whether to tell Louise about working at a strip club. One slight difference though is that the Purple Orchid IS a strip club. There's no question, and Louise WILL find out about it eventually. In Louise's case, whether anything happens or not is dependent on whether MC is supportive or not. That is, if MC is supportive, Louise feels comfortable nipping inappropriate Sebastian's behavior in the bud since if that results in the deal falling through, she is comfortable that MC will support her as she looks for another opportunity.

TL;dr She lies to MC but it is entirely reasonable to assume that she does so to keep MC from worrying while she figures out what Sebastian is up to. That assumption is just as backed up by what we know from the game as yours. Bottom line is that we don't know exactly what she was thinking because we are not told directly.

2. Dresses sexy for the dinner with Sebastian (and no this wasn't just an adult VN thing, she actually thinks about it.)
ch1_home_eve_7.jpg

This is how she dressed. I'd say it's flirty rather than overly sexy. It doesn't actually show much skin. My objection to this outfit would actually be more that it is younger than her actual age if you catch my meaning. (The game suggests this with a narrative comment:"(Sebastian) turns around. Leaning against the doorway stands [l]. To look at her you would think she was twenty-one again.") However, she's an artist, and it's not unusual for an artist to have different fashion sensibilities.

We are not shown any scenes of her getting ready, so we do not know what she was thinking while getting ready. The line you seem to be alluding to is: "(Did I go too far? {w} This is not a date...)" which she thinks right after Sebastian compliments her. Rather than her planning to dress slutty, this actually suggests to me that she didn't think too much about what she put on until right that moment when it was too late to change.

3. Wonders to herself just how far she's willing to go with Sebastian for this job.
As I said before in response to somebody complaining about the MC thinking about how hot his nurse was, thoughts are not cheating. Thoughts are thoughts. She wants this business relationship to succeed. She's a bit unsure about what Sebastian wants, but if he might be interested in her, it isn't remotely surprising that she question herself in this way. Asking the question does not mean she intends to take advantage of the situation. It just means she acknowledges the situation.

By the way, I find the line in the script where she asks herself this question to be interesting. It says: "(Just what am I willing to do for this... {w}for them.)" Even at this moment, she wants to make her family proud of her. If she is not supported and decides to stay for the rest of the dinner, she says: "I know what you are saying, . I will do what it takes." And she thinks immediately after: (For them...). Messed up? Maybe, but so is the unsupportive home environment that lead to the situation. It also still doesn't mean she intends to fuck him.

Ultimately, the only thing she can be judged on is what she actually does which depends on how MC has treated her so far. As I said above, if MC is supportive, she is more secure in putting Sebastian in his place if he steps out of line. If Sebastian kisses her, it is clearly non-consensual. We don't get to see how Louise handles it with Sebastian so we can't judge her on that. She doesn't tell MC about what happened until well after he is released from the hospital after the accident. That could be considered problematic, but interestingly, in the case that Louise has been kissed by Sebastian and MC turned Cindy down at the Purple Orchid, MC doesn't tell Louise about what happened either.

EDIT: Goddamit, why has everything gone strikethrough? Grr...
EDIT2: Okay, think I fixed it... Apparently the character name dereferencing syntax from the script is the same as the strikethrough meta-character. Oof!

Last edited:

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
EDIT: Not that her behavior isn't the kind of thing that leads to the end of a marriage, but I see it as understandable and not past the point of reconciliation so far.
Oh, definitely not past the point of reconciliation, but I don't think some of the people here really understand the ramifications of some of the actions listed. They've been together a minimum of 18 years and that's if they got pregnant with Emily immediately when they started dating. They've raised a child together. They've been together long enough to know each other down to the bottom of the dirtiest secrets they could have.

They are not dating. The consequences of certain things change as relationships develop and mature. Lying about dinner, dressing sexy, and considering cheating for any reason is a really, really, really bad thing when you've been together for almost two decades and have raised a child together.

Not to mention the potential reaction of a daddies girl to her mother cheating...oooh, that is NOT a pretty thing. (This was before her death obviously)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Look, I've been married for almost 20 years and I honestly asked myself how I would react to finding out that my wife, who I love beyond life, have two kids and three grandkids from, had lied to me, dressed sexy for another man, and then considered fucking him.

Do you know what my reaction to that question was?

Can you even imagine what my response was?

I don't think you can.
I'm divorced, but, if one of my girls did that, they would be gone. Period. I have no idea how you would handle it, as for me, I'd tell them to pack their shit and get the fuck out of my home.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I'm divorced, but, if one of my girls did that, they would be gone. Period. I have no idea how you would handle it, as for me, I'd tell them to pack their shit and get the fuck out of my home.
They would have to actually cheat on me first, that doesn't happen in this. I would not throw away an 18 year marriage just because my wife used her body to get ahead in her business. Would we have to have a long talk about it, sure. Would I be mad, sure, but she didn't fuck the guy, and this is coming from someone who caught someone cheating and ended the relationship right then, never to even speak to them after. But, to each their own.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
They would have to actually cheat on me first, that doesn't happen in this. I would not throw away an 18 year marriage just because my wife used her body to get ahead in her business. Would we have to have a long talk about it, sure. Would I be mad, sure, but she didn't fuck the guy, and this is coming from someone who caught someone cheating and ended the relationship right then, never to even speak to them after. But, to each their own.
Valid reasoning. Add one question to yourself before you really commit though. Add the question: How would I react if I found out my wife was potentially willing to risk an 18 year marriage for her job?

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
So you would even think about betraying your lover just for money and/or fame?
I've never been in that situation, so I cannot say what I'd think. What I meant was: we can't control the thoughts that pop into our head, only what we do with them. I don't think her asking herself that in-of-itself makes her a bad person.

However, what she did was "dress up" for a dinner (not unusual and I'd dispute if it was even sexy, IMO) and lie about it, something that would reasonably send up red flags and give most people legitimate concern about their significant other, but it's also something can be looked at in a forgiving light. It's not an irrevocable betrayal, but hey, maybe it's enough for the player character to feel fine about maybe banging the nurse in the future. :p

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Agreed to each their own. We all play by different rules. the world would be a shittier place than it already is, if everyone was the same.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
What we have here is a woman who is at minium in her late 30s who has been married for at least 18 years and raised a child with a man. She is wearing a midriff-bearing shirt, short skirt, and thigh highs. Standing in a doorway leaning against the frame with one arm curled to her head, looking at a man sideways.

Are we honestly going to question whether she tried to be sexy here? Honestly? Are we really? If a teen or 20 something wore it, sure, maybe flirty. Maybe that's how she dresses normally. But a middle-aged married woman who has literally never worn anything close to that the entire game to this point?

Also, if she asks herself if she went too far, that implies that she was trying to achieve a certain look and might have overshot it a bit.

Last edited:

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Are we honestly going to question whether she tried to be sexy here? Honestly? Are we really?
That's exactly what I'm suggesting. I think that this might just be how she dresses. Casually browsing the game files, it seems that Louise has a penchant for short skirts. MC never says anything against them btw. In fact, if Louise leaves dinner with Sebastian early and catches MC turning Cindy down, he sees her in the particular outfit in question and the only thing he has to say about it is: "She's so beautiful."

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
The fact all of this is going on in this thread just proves to me one thing. The dev made you feel something. So IMO job well done. If you don't like what he made you feel, I'm pretty sure most of the people commenting negatively are not patrons of his and are probably never going to be. Maybe take it as, you've said you piece and move on? There are games I don't like, but I don't just keep going and keep going in the thread. I find another game. It's pretty simple.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
The fact all of this is going on in this thread just proves to me one thing. The dev made you feel something. So IMO job well done. If you don't like what he made you feel, I'm pretty sure most of the people commenting negatively are not patrons of his and are probably never going to be. Maybe take it as, you've said you piece and move on? There are games I don't like, but I don't just keep going and keep going in the thread. I find another game. It's pretty simple.
I honestly think that for a lot of us if that one single line where she considers how far she would go for her job had been different, the discussion here would be debating on if Sebastian had killed Emily and things of that nature. But that one single line of contemplating infidelity from a woman married for two decades is enough to send people who understand those ramifications off on a different tangent.

And I'm here because, despite my opinion of Louise, I like the game and want to see how it goes. And I also like debating things civilly.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'm not arguing with you, im agreeing with you, and also saying that you should stop arguing about this, the dev is clearly biased on his creation,for him the wife is doing nothing wrong, and i can bet everything that he's gonna write the mc in a way so we can see him as the bad one ,just for the sake of the wife bitch, every argument we say about how bad the wife is , its gonna get ignored and don't take into consideration.
Well, the dev did say that the MC is a douchebag and he wants the player to see him that way.

Reactions: harsha_26

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
So you don't mind cheating ON people, you just don't want it to be felt that there is a possiblity they could cheat on you, even though they aren't going to?
I would have to agree with the fact that the only person who should cheat, if there's to be cheating is the MC. Not the woman. Yeah, I know. Double standards here. But, it is what it is. So, do I think the MC should get away with cheating? Fuck no. I think there should be consequences to that shit. Just not the woman cheating as a consequence. Her leaving and divorcing, yes. Just not cheating. Once they are divorced, then it's no longer cheating.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Find another scene up to that point where she dresses like that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She likes short skirts. MC saw her wearing all of these outfits with nary a word of disapproval.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD1900

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018

She likes short skirts. MC saw her wearing all of these outfits with nary a word of disapproval.
1st image: single
2nd image: Trying to look sexy for a date (same as she did for Sebastian)
The rest: Sebastian

One image out of there is from a normal day (shopping). The rest of her normal days are in pants or other modest outfits, iirc.

Edit: Also, midrif and thigh highs for the night she lied about to her husband. I mean, even SHE commented that she might have gone too far.

Edit 2: Wow, you actually did it. Props.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 27 Votes