Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
View attachment 1340435

This is off for my run. Louise was the one that was unfaithful and MC forgave her. Well, my MC was also unfaithful every chance he got, but Louise doesn't know about any of it yet.
Good catch, that's an old one - Easy fix with some jiggery pokery of the script. Thanks!

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
I haven't played in a while, but I was wondering if NTR is still in the game as I haven't seen that tag anymore. I wanted to know if the wife has already fucked with her boss. And if there's a way to make the wife not betray MC if she makes herself play with other women, I say that because I'll play the route with the wife and other women first because it has more content, when the game is over I'll do the route to be faithful to her if the wife cheats on you even on the faithful route then I won't play her, I just want to know that because when I stopped playing I had a vibe that the wife would cheat on the MC with the boss.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
There is an error with Melissa conversation over breakfast. If you split with the wife, they still talk like MC and Louise are together and they had sex the night prior.

Hmm... and during the shower sex that happens after, she is calling the MC "True" instead of Master. Is there a console command to change what she calls you?

Last edited:

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
This game has no major flaws unless one considers signing a contract without reading it a good reason to keep the story going.

The problem with most of these VNs is that the Dev(s) try to insert too much kinks and overall lewd scenes that end up not focusing and loosing sight of what, in my opinion, matters the most: a coherent story. I'll give you an example: the MC just lost the daughter that he loved, loves his wife and after spending less than 5 minutes with Danielle he thinks something lie: (am I developing feelings for her?) or the part where Melissa asks him to stay and he says NO but it's not no... not to mention it's not a decision for him to make alone but with his wife, but sure stay here in my house and use my daughters cloths that just died... I'm sure Louise will love that when she arrives home. I'm sorry but that's either dumb or you haven't dealt with loss (or love).

It's the little things that put me off. DON'T GET ME WRONG, it's still good so far: congratulations. Could it be better? In my opinion, oh yes a lot more.

Don't get this like it's bashing or something but my honest opinion. I gave it because you tried to make something that deals with strong emotions and life experiences and there's so few VNs dealing with these subjects. Just trying to help.

Thank you and Good luck in life.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Hi Cenc,
I started to play "Dreams of Reality" a few hours ago but I feel already how emotionally engaging it is. Thank you!

I would advise a few improvements.

1. Correct the Characters screen.
  • Louise status was "Married" when she was not (when MC just met her).
  • Markus has "Jacob" is his description.
  • Every person is there though the player haven't met them, and the information there might not correspond with what was shown in the game.
Maybe you should modify rel_screen.rpy - instead of just inserting "imagebutton", do like this:

Code:
    if daniellemet:
        imagebutton:
            pos (32, 140)
            idle rdir + "ch_danielle_idle.png"
            hover rdir + "ch_danielle_h.png"
            focus_mask True
            action [With(dissolve), SetScreenVariable("rel_choice", "danielle")]
2. When I was the perfect knight with Louise, my thoughts still included these lines:

My attitude towards [l].

Best father? Perhaps, but best husband? Maybe not so much.

3. The "save name" screen could be improved to work with less point-and-clicking.

Even better, instead of the modal screen you could just use an input in the Save screen, to set the save name when players want to, and not bothering them otherwise.

4. Menu items can be flickering when you move the mouse pointer across them.

It can be avoided if you remove focus_mask True from gm_screen.rpy (there is really no need for it there IMHO).

5. (PS) Renaming pages for saves can be useful.

Cheers!

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
There is an error with Melissa conversation over breakfast. If you split with the wife, they still talk like MC and Louise are together and they had sex the night prior.

Hmm... and during the shower sex that happens after, she is calling the MC "True" instead of Master. Is there a console command to change what she calls you?
I'll look into that issue over breakfeast. The MC being called true is because I used [mc_dom] instead of[mc_dom1] It's an easy fix, but you'd need to go into the game files to do it.

Reactions: desmosome

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Hi Cenc,
I started to play "Dreams of Reality" a few hours ago but I feel already how emotionally engaging it is. Thank you!

I would advise a few improvements.

1. Correct the Characters screen.
  • Louise status was "Married" when she was not (when MC just met her).
  • Markus has "Jacob" is his description.
  • Every person is there though the player haven't met them, and the information there might not correspond with what was shown in the game.
Maybe you should modify rel_screen.rpy - instead of just inserting "imagebutton", do like this:

Code:
    if daniellemet:
        imagebutton:
            pos (32, 140)
            idle rdir + "ch_danielle_idle.png"
            hover rdir + "ch_danielle_h.png"
            focus_mask True
            action [With(dissolve), SetScreenVariable("rel_choice", "danielle")]
2. When I was the perfect knight with Louise, my thoughts still included these lines:

My attitude towards [l].

Best father? Perhaps, but best husband? Maybe not so much.

3. The "save name" screen could be improved to work with less point-and-clicking.

Even better, instead of the modal screen you could just use an input in the Save screen, to set the save name when players want to, and not bothering them otherwise.

4. Menu items can be flickering when you move the mouse pointer across them.

It can be avoided if you remove focus_mask True from gm_screen.rpy (there is really no need for it there IMHO).

5. (PS) Renaming pages for saves can be useful.

Cheers!
Hi, thanks for the feedback. Most of those I've gone through and corrected. I spend ages checking for these things but those little errors creep in. It's interesting as I fully expected to add that functionality to the relationship screen - but.. never did lol.

Everything else has been corrected. The save screen will be a little harder to do as it's already heavily customised. I get what your saying and it's on my list to look into but this might have to get pushed back so I can spend time on it.

Thanks for playing (and enjoying?) the VN :)

Reactions: m0us3r

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
If you take the insanity pills near the end of the update, it resets the insanity to 1 instead of doing +1

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
ffs, did anyone fuck that hooker in the ass and how the fuck did you do it if yes ?? Followed every step in that damn wt and still no anal with the hooker after visiting the strip club. Got just Visit Kimiko and Go home... WTF ?? Should I throw the pc out the window or use a sledgehammer to 'convince' it to play the scene ?? Motherfucker's outdated AF anyway.:LOL:

Edit: Canto Forte, I didn't mean Cindy bro', I meant Chantelle. There's renders with the MC fucking her in the ass, don't know how rough he is with her since I didn't even see them 'getting down to business'... that's the scene that I didn't get so far. And yeah, Cindy's a sweet girl who's most probably forced to prostitute herself, that black eye she got is pretty suggestive, don't ya think ?? I don't make my MC act like an asshole with those women, I just wanna fuck them in the ass.:LOL:

Edit2: Cenc bro', can you pls tell me how to get the scene I mentioned above ?? Followed every step in the WT and still didn't get it.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Treat girls more humainely and they might just surprise you. Why so forceful? They will run away!

ffs, did anyone fuck that hooker in the ass and how the fuck did you do it if yes ?? Followed every step in that damn wt and still no anal with the hooker after visiting the strip club. Got just Visit Kimiko and Go home... WTF ?? Should I throw the pc out the window or use a sledgehammer to 'convince' it to play the scene ?? Motherfucker's outdated AF anyway.:LOL:
Were pills not supposed to temper that affliction? You want it exacerbated for some reason?
If you take the insanity pills near the end of the update, it resets the insanity to 1 instead of doing +1

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Treat girls more humainely and they might just surprise you. Why so forceful? They will run away!

Were pills not supposed to temper that affliction? You want it exacerbated for some reason?
It's pain killers. The side effect is hallucination. And yes, I want my MC to be insane and hallucinate the ghost daughter for some sexy times lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Glooskabe

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
The save screen will be a little harder to do as it's already heavily customised. I get what your saying and it's on my list to look into but this might have to get pushed back so I can spend time on it.

Thanks for playing (and enjoying?) the VN :)
Well I just started Chapter 2, so I have not decided yet how much I like the game.
It's interesting enough to play it more, I guess... :p

As for save screen, you can just insert this code into screens.rpy, before "style page_label is gui_label":

Code:
    default save_name_value = VariableInputValue("save_name")
    hbox:
        xpos 400
        xsize 1200
        text "Save name:" color "#CDE" xsize 280 xalign 1.0
        imagebutton:
            xsize 80
            align (0.5, 0.5)
            if save_name != "":
                idle "gui/edit-clear.png"
                action SetVariable("save_name", "")
            else:
                idle "gui/edit-clear.png"
                at transform:
                    alpha 0.0
        frame:
            background "#444"
            xsize 720
            input:
                xalign 0.0
                default "[save_name]"
                value save_name_value
                copypaste True
                length 15
                pixel_width 700
And of course put action FileAction(slot)

instead of

action If(title.lower() == "save", true=Show("saveFileInput", slotIndex = slot), false=FileLoad(slot))

so that the modal screen wouldn't be used.

Cheers!

PS. Provided that you put "edit-clear.png" in "gui" folder. You can use this icon, for instance:

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
so fully bugfixed version of 0.3.6 when?
Soon, I'm giving it a little more time to try and catch any further issues - for reference the changelog for 0.3.6b is:

- Melissa will now appropriately address the MC in the shower
- Melissa will stop talking about Louise when you’ve kicked her out the house.
- You will also stop fantasising about Melissa in the shower when you have a perfectly loving wife!
- Due to the correction of a variable, a missing scene with Kimiko in chapter 3 part one is now no longer missing.
- Insanity being set to 1 or -1 has been corrected
- Menu buttons flicker less.
- Character relationship screens are only visible after you have met that person.
- Some more corrections to text in chapter one.

I also want to make sure the above fixes havnt broken anything else, so give me a little more time :)

Reactions: m4pII

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Well just played trough this game

Seems we cant win in this game

If u go for the loyal love route ur daughter dies and your wife gets killed possibly

But if u let her cheat she probally stays alive

Dont like that at all

Hopefully that doesnt happen

Reactions: Dependable_223

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Cindy really needs to appear on one of the preview images; if she did, I would have played this ages ago.
That was my way of saying that I really liked her.
Kimiko is good too although I didn't like her new dress too much. I also kinda liked how the dirt looked on her face, it didn't make her ugly at all (but see my signature :Kappa:).

Also, will Mia ever appear again? When I saw that the MC had gone to the party with her I was very pleased thinking it had been a pretty lucky thing to go to the boss. Now… I understand that things had to go sideways due to plot issues, but I was still a bit disappointed at not going to the party with her.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cenc

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
This game really is hinting strongly on NTR, I read previous post and I am aware that NTR won't ever be in this game, but it's kind of hard to not think about NTR. Sebastien interview, the dude who just sits next to your wife, the choices of staying and watching etc. All that is just in the beginning of the game!
Anyway off to play a NTR game, too much NTR teasing in this one! :)

• Angry
Reactions: Joeburqa
4.00 star(s) 27 Votes