AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
And that's why you rarely ever see good lewd games made by well known 2D artists. Barely any content for the amount of time between updates. And it's how it always is with artists getting into games. They have a bunch of other stuff they are working on and it's usually an afterthought instead of a dedicated project.

The adult game scene on Patreon is too competitive to gain any kind of traction like that.

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
Just played the latest update. As usual the writing is top notch but my complains for ch 1 still remain. There simply isn't enough art depicting the sex scenes. We are told the characters are kissing, licking and all that, and all we get is usually one illustration for each sex scene. Feels like a missed opportunity there since the build up is often quite good.

However, I must say Jessica is a great addition and I'm really liking the Natalie Jessica dilemma. Siding with Natalie feels right but man is Jessica's proposal enticing.

IMO the update is better than the first one in terms of plot progression, but it is underwhelming in terms of sex scenes. Not surprised though, Tekuho has other things to focus on. Driven affairs seems like a side project if anything.

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
And that's why you rarely ever see good lewd games made by well known 2D artists. Barely any content for the amount of time between updates. And it's how it always is with artists getting into games. They have a bunch of other stuff they are working on and it's usually an afterthought instead of a dedicated project.

The adult game scene on Patreon is too competitive to gain any kind of traction like that.
266 patrons for $1250 per month. I don't know what kind of explosive growth you are expecting, but this is in the top 1% already in 6 months.

It turns out having 2 wildly succesful people with existing patreon presence is a great way to gain traction.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
266 patrons for $1250 per month. I don't know what kind of explosive growth you are expecting, but this is in the top 1% already in 6 months.

It turns out having 2 wildly succesful people with existing patreon presence is a great way to gain traction.
It's still early, my post was obviously a prediction since the game has like 3 updates overall? Based on what I've seen from similar 2D projects that moved at this pace, it will only get completed if they make it very short. I don't know if you can search by abandoned tag but the graveyard of games is full of 2D games that had awesome art.

desmosome

Forum Fanatic
Sep 5, 2018
It's still early, my post was obviously a prediction since the game has like 3 updates overall? Based on what I've seen from similar 2D projects that moved at this pace, it will only get completed if they make it very short. I don't know if you can search by abandoned tag but the graveyard of games is full of 2D games that had awesome art.
I'm pretty sure DAZ/HS shovelware gets abandoned way more often than 2D games. The barrier to entry is already much higher for 2D (art skill or commission). If you are more invested from the get go, you are less likely to abandon.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I'm pretty sure DAZ/HS shovelware gets abandoned way more often than 2D games. The barrier to entry is already much higher for 2D (art skill or commission). If you are more invested from the get go, you are less likely to abandon.
There's definitely a shitload of bad 3d games that get abandoned. My point was that a good 2d game is more likely to be abandoned than a good 3d, simply because it's so much harder to do. Even in the ones that do finish, you will often see them changing artstyle because they had issues getting the original artist to commit more. When the 3d one just needs a good PC to keep pumping them renders.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Really love the art work, writing, and the premise of this. This idea of a driver coming in contact with different kinds of clients and situations could really be taken pretty far if the devs want to. For an example of interesting people drivers can meet watch some videos of "Uber confessions"

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Just played the latest update. As usual the writing is top notch but my complains for ch 1 still remain. There simply isn't enough art depicting the sex scenes. We are told the characters are kissing, licking and all that, and all we get is usually one illustration for each sex scene. Feels like a missed opportunity there since the build up is often quite good.

However, I must say Jessica is a great addition and I'm really liking the Natalie Jessica dilemma. Siding with Natalie feels right but man is Jessica's proposal enticing.

IMO the update is better than the first one in terms of plot progression, but it is underwhelming in terms of sex scenes. Not surprised though, Tekuho has other things to focus on. Driven affairs seems like a side project if anything.
that's the reason I can't bring myself to pledge it..

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Here are a subset of the game scripts where renpy.block_rollback() calls have been replaced by pass. I've also turned config.devloper back on in the options.rpy. It's interesting to see that the dev may have learned their lesson about rollback. Only the scripts for chapter 1 contain this sort of asshattery.

Unpack and put in your game folder. They will override their corresponding bytecode files in the rpa archive(s).

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
I'm extremely impressed, and that doesn't happen often.
That said, it bugs me every time a client gets into the car without the driver holding the door for them.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I always hate it when these novels break up pathing into either/or situations with a game ending x out of y summary at the end. Chapter 1 forced us into 4 path endings. The obvious one where mc fucked up by being an idiot with everyone can still be very much an ending. However the other 3 involves one ending with a lesbian couple that could just as easily have been a side story anytime during the week. The other two were forced off of one path fork that could just as easily been de-conflicted with mc getting the events on two different days. While you may be stuck with just one day of the week having any bar hopping recreational potential in the ass end of Taliban Kansas, every night is can be a night (and following day) off in the big city.

Chapter 2 doesn't confront us with time slotting, but goes for the pigeon holing of forcing us to take sides. Can't we all just get along on a mix and match harem route? And on that note, why the HELL haven't we seen a nice trap choice come up (so to speak)? This is Tekuho after all...

Reactions: Ragingrager

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
This is an excellent game, with amazing art and great writing, but the sex scenes are a bit disappointing to me. The scenes should be way longer and there should also be more artwork depicting what happens in them. The July sex scene was especially disappointing in that regard.

Last edited:

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
This is an excellent game, with amazing art and great writing, but the sex scenes are a bit disappointing to me. The scenes should be way longer and there should also be more renders depicting what happens in them. The July sex scene was especially disappointing in that regard.
is that a common issue for 2d games ? lack of renders to depict.

4.30 star(s) 47 Votes