Mod Ren'Py DropOut Saga Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [0.8.7b] [Shawnchapp]

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
After loading my previous save to play the current update, then I saw this.

1674775330671.png

The guide on the lower right is showing old stuff, I've already done that on my playthrough.

Reactions: Envoye

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Hey, do you accept mod requests? If yes, i mentioned few in a private conversation. Please check them out if you have time. Thanks

i do accept them but theres no guarantee i will actually pick them up its a case by case kinda thing and a check list kinda thing like for example if its actually useful like if its strictly a kintic novel and chocies don't matter then one isn't needed, then the code itself has to be in a language i can actually read (kinda hard to make code change and etc if i have no clue what i'm reading Lol) and the other major one is i try to avoid games that already have walkthough mods that an active modder is still working on (tho if the modder as been absent or known to have left for good that a different matter)

I haven't had a change to check your suggestion out just yet (been super busy lately) but I'm planning to atleast check one of them out within the week if i can find the time (assuming an update for a game i already mod doesn't drop)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Xyyy

Xyyy

Jun 12, 2020
i do accept them but theres no guarantee i will actually pick them up its a case by case kinda thing and a check list kinda thing like for example if its actually useful like if its strictly a kintic novel and chocies don't matter then one isn't needed, then the code itself has to be in a language i can actually read (kinda hard to make code change and etc if i have no clue what i'm reading Lol) and the other major one is i try to avoid games that already have walkthough mods that an active modder is still working on (tho if the modder as been absent or known to have left for good that a different matter)

I haven't had a change to check your suggestion out just yet (been super busy lately) but I'm planning to atleast check one of them out within the week if i can find the time (assuming an update for a game i already mod doesn't drop)
Sure thanks

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Shawnchapp v0.7.1b is now out, as you may know (maybe not, but I usually still let you know), seems like you mod most of my favorite games on site :coffee:

Edit, it's here now DropOut Saga [v0.7.1b] [LazyBloodlines]

Seems v0.6.9a is the prologue and this is a new chapter, interesting.

thanks, which means i'm going to have to do a completely new mod then so might take a few days (depending on how the code is)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
thanks, which means i'm going to have to do a completely new mod then so might take a few days (depending on how the code is)
Yip, after reading some things, the code was changed as well, so seems you have your work cut out...

• Wow
Reactions: Envoye

gpsywolf

Sep 30, 2019
Yip, after reading some things, the code was changed as well, so seems you have your work cut out...
On the bright side from what i can tell the choices so far dont have any major plot branching, they just give or dont give corruption/love points. I think there is 1 Goodness point you can gain so far.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
On the bright side from what i can tell the choices so far dont have any major plot branching, they just give or dont give corruption/love points. I think there is 1 Goodness point you can gain so far.
Yeah, but since the code has changed a bit, might have to re-do the mod from scratch, not totally sure at this point, I've not dug into the new release yet.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Yeah, but since the code has changed a bit, might have to re-do the mod from scratch, not totally sure at this point, I've not dug into the new release yet.

ya depending on the code i might have to redo some backend stuff (for the improved Ui etc label tracking stuff like that) i haven't looked at the code yet though I'm just finishing up a new mod should be done with that shortly (just bug testing right now) so i'm hoping to dive into this later tonight if not first thing in the morning :)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
ya depending on the code i might have to redo some backend stuff (for the improved Ui etc label tracking stuff like that) i haven't looked at the code yet though I'm just finishing up a new mod should be done with that shortly (just bug testing right now) so i'm hoping to dive into this later tonight if not first thing in the morning :)
I'm kind excited about the other mod you are working on (The Awakening) didn't even notice you were doing that now :coffee:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I'm kind excited about the other mod you are working on (The Awakening) didn't even notice you were doing that now :coffee:
ya as an extra i'm adding the ability to work in the cafe for money instead of just the post office to work in the cafe you have to have gotten to point in lindas story where she teaches you how to use the machine after that you can go there and "work" you'll have 40 seconds to make as many drinks as possible making a coffee gives $30 and a tea is $20 (ya i know the prices seem steep but for balancing with the post office it has to be since its a bit more tricky to do the job)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
ya as an extra i'm adding the ability to work in the cafe for money instead of just the post office to work in the cafe you have to have gotten to point in lindas story where she teaches you how to use the machine after that you can go there and "work" you'll have 40 seconds to make as many drinks as possible making a coffee gives $30 and a tea is $20 (ya i know the prices seem steep but for balancing with the post office it has to be since its a bit more tricky to do the job)
Nice little extra for people who don't cheat (cough I do ;) ), but while there are hints, it's always nice in case some stuff is miss able to make sure everything is accounted for.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Normally i would just add a money cheat but this time around i wanted to be creative Lol
Yeah, no biggie, I usually run URM on top of other mods (yeah, probably not smart but haven't messed anything up yet) mostly anyway. So, I'm sure the purists will enjoy it regardless.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Yeah, no biggie, I usually run URM on top of other mods (yeah, probably not smart but haven't messed anything up yet) mostly anyway. So, I'm sure the purists will enjoy it regardless.
for future reference like all my mods enable console so you don't need to use other things just to get dev console open :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
for future reference like all my mods enable console so you don't need to use other things just to get dev console open :)
Oh no, that's not the reason why I do that, some mods don't contain everything sometimes, yours I don't use URM alongside Photo hunt only your mod, and same with Dropout.

Reactions: Shawnchapp