Mod Ren'Py DropOut Saga Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [0.8.7b] [Shawnchapp]

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Ok so up date now of the guide actually need updating (the whole update is another run of just back to back scenes with no splitting paths or sandbox elemnts and choices that grants points that yet to do anything) However instead of not doing anything I'm going to update the mod to my new UI and add the stats screen, and also putting in place to edit your stats (not the girls stats just your own like goodness, rep etc.)

Also updating the guide windows to auto scale instead of showing space for 3 lines of text desipte there not being and steps/text for that step

example only showing one line of text in step of another 2 blank lines
1690230506535.png

Example of stats for girls

1690230341717.png

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
Very nice, thank you.

and also putting in place to edit your stats (not the girls stats just your own like goodness, rep etc.)
BTW, any plans on adding that feature (edit girl stats) in the future? Struck me as could be pretty useful, as instead of having to maintain two paths, can just play one and just jig the stats (to more love than corruption or vice versa) to see the alternate scene and then revert it back to the canon stats.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Very nice, thank you.

BTW, any plans on adding that feature (edit girl stats) in the future? Struck me as could be pretty useful, as instead of having to maintain two paths, can just play one and just jig the stats (to more love than corruption or vice versa) to see the alternate scene and then revert it back to the canon stats.

Its possible but i put that on hold for now as i'm not sure how the current paths will spilt and etc so i'm not entirely sure how that could effect the story/paths yet.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Very nice, thank you.

I just saw Shawn's reply to you, but there are still other ways. I know of at least 2: 1. saveeditonline, there you could upload a save file, edit the stats and download the edited file. I had only one time issues with that, and only because the dev was adamant about having an "anti-cheat" code (it was a sandbox game with horrible grind). The 2. option is, using the URM mod. With that you can edit various things during the game play. But notice, that you may break your save with both options, so use it only, if you're sure about it.

And to Shawn, sorry that I talked about other mods/ways in your thread. I appriciate your work.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I just saw Shawn's reply to you, but there are still other ways. I know of at least 2: 1. saveeditonline, there you could upload a save file, edit the stats and download the edited file. I had only one time issues with that, and only because the dev was adamant about having an "anti-cheat" code (it was a sandbox game with horrible grind). The 2. option is, using the URM mod. With that you can edit various things during the game play. But notice, that you may break your save with both options, so use it only, if you're sure about it.

And to Shawn, sorry that I talked about other mods/ways in your thread. I appriciate your work.

its fine BTW the mod unlocks console so the can just open the console and type "love_lila = #" Where # being the number that you want which would change her love to that number. So no need to use an online save editor but as manged those stats aren't really used yet so doesn't really matter ATM

Reactions: CamaroFan432

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
its fine BTW the mod unlocks console so the can just open the console and type "love_lila = #" Where # being the number that you want which would change her love to that number. So no need to use an online save editor but as manged those stats aren't really used yet so doesn't really matter ATM
Yeah, that's true, but you need to know exactly what to insert. With the save editor or the URM, you can simply type a word to search for, so in my book a little bit better, because every dev uses different variable names, but often times it has either love or relation in it.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yeah, that's true, but you need to know exactly what to insert. With the save editor or the URM, you can simply type a word to search for, so in my book a little bit better, because every dev uses different variable names, but often times it has either love or relation in it.
I just URM on top of most mods I have, Shawnchapp might point the finger at me :ROFLMAO:

Why? Mainly because I can. :lepew:. But in all seriousness, as you pointed out it's easier to search in URM and sometimes there may be something else I wanted a mod might not have.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I just URM on top of most mods I have, Shawnchapp might point the finger at me :ROFLMAO:

Why? Mainly because I can. :lepew:. But in all seriousness, as you pointed out it's easier to search in URM and sometimes there may be something else I wanted a mod might not have.
I agree. That's the beauty of that mod. It's none invasive, works with or without other mods. I also find myself using it more and more, most times when there is no mod, but sometimes also when there is.

Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I agree. That's the beauty of that mod. It's none invasive, works with or without other mods. I also find myself using it more and more, most times when there is no mod, but sometimes also when there is.
Yeah, been using for a few months, probably longer especially with games with no mods, or with games that mods are not updated, and I've never had it break my game ever, unless I've did something the game is not designed for eg, giving myself $5,000 when the max is $500 or something similar.

But the funny thing is, even though it can be used as a WT mod (force path, read stats, read points in a scene live), people refuse to use it, or even make an attempt to understand it...it's got to me one of the easiest dumb-proof mods out there.

Oh, and it even auto-updates :coffee:

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Yeah, been using for a few months, probably longer especially with games with no mods, or with games that mods are not updated, and I've never had it break my game ever, unless I've did something the game is not designed for eg, giving myself $5,000 when the max is $500 or something similar.

But the funny thing is, even though it can be used as a WT mod (force path, read stats, read points in a scene live), people refuse to use it, or even make an attempt to understand it...it's got to me one of the easiest dumb-proof mods out there.

Oh, and it even auto-updates :coffee:
Well, I was also one of these person, that refused to use it. I tried it at one point, because I wanted to edit a stat and also did that, but it borked so hard my game, that I had to restart completely, because of no saves and was obviously pissed for that. But at a later time, I waited for a WT mod quite some time only to get to know it was abandoned. At that point I saw someone saying, I believe it was you, that we should try to use the URM. I did and turns out, it worked like a charm and the problems with the other game was also the result of bad programming by the dev, because I wasn't the only one with problems.