Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
So You didn't play any game that is v0.1 that has choices or meaningful choices , it's not a demo and in this game there are two routes and one route is blocked for heaven sake . Then why do you put up that choice .And Are you saying no one should review a game on v 0.1.
And P.S grow up kid or move away from your mom basement before calling others morons if they don't agree with you and stop white Knighting the dev if you think this game is so good sure leave a 5 star review , Idc
Well don't wanna waste any more time speaking with a kid , added to ignore lost .
I think you took this comment wayyyyyyy too seriously. They say an opinion and you were massively triggered into attacking them? Why?

"Grow up kid?" Why do I feel this should be read as very ironic. Maybe cause of your very hostile response it seems someone "else" needs to grow up. (Psst, I was talking about you ;) )

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
So You didn't play any game that is v0.1 that has choices or meaningful choices , it's not a demo and in this game there are two routes and one route is blocked for heaven sake . Then why do you put up that choice .And Are you saying no one should review a game on v 0.1.
And P.S grow up kid or move away from your mom basement before calling others morons if they don't agree with you and stop white Knighting the dev if you think this game is so good sure leave a 5 star review , Idc
Well don't wanna waste any more time speaking with a kid , added to ignore lost .
:KEK: I should have put a trigger warning, considering how overly sensitive you got for being called out. Lmfao.

Last edited:

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I like the look of the girls but everything I read about where the game is going content-wise (prostitution, sharing or whatever you want to call it, and basically no virgins in a game about schoolgirls) and playstyle (RPG elements, stats, management) sounds terrible.
The game sounds like this typical attempt to mix fetishes that don't mix well in one game.

Last edited:

AryanKarthick

Aug 6, 2021
At first, MC doesn't want the handjob, but when she kneels before him and he can't resist, which is approved by his "evil" personality. The same personality he's trying to get rid off. Then he goes home conflicted
Will it be possible to get rid of his evil personality in the future maybe dev , MC is not a saint by a long mile but somewhat decent / likeable in this game , his evil personality is just irksome by calling out names and asking MC to creep a girl in train when MC ignores calling him gay , prostitute himself to Kane when he suggests joining college HM is not funny at all

LazyBloodlines

Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2020
Added a brief description of current girls in the developer notes.

Will it be possible to get rid of his evil personality in the future maybe dev , MC is not a saint by a long mile but somewhat decent / likeable in this game , his evil personality is just irksome by calling out names and asking MC to creep a girl in train when MC ignores calling him gay , prostitute himself to Kane when he suggests joining college HM is not funny at all
Yes, that's what the MC is trying to do. At first, this evil personality is supposed to be annoying. Make the player feel the motivation to get rid of him as soon as possible. But this changes bit by bit later on. I don't want to spoil this part so much. But those "irksome" moments are intentional. And there will be a explanation on why this personality acts this way in the future.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I like the look of the girls but everything I read about where the game is going content-wise (prostitution, sharing or whatever you want to call it, and basically no virgins in a game about schoolgirls) and playstyle (RPG elements, stats, management) sounds terrible.
The game sounds like this typical attempt to mix fetishes that don't mix well in one game.
So, I've been talking with the dev about this stuff. While I won't like some of the moments, from what they said, it might only be specific girls that get those kinds of paths. Still not a fan of that, but I can accept that if it's avoidable. One girl it seems is not avoidable where she has to perform a handjob/blowjob on her boyfriend to get blackmail info, but I'm not sure if they are a LI or not. Other than that, he added some information above where you can see for yourself if it's your cup of tea.

I gave criticism and the Dev listened, so my rule is, I have to play their game now. I'll let you know what is in this version and try to dredge up more info. One thing I do know, is that their are more virgins than initially thought. Whether you care or not is up to you, personally, I care a lot! Like Faith No More.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
So, I've been talking with the dev about this stuff. While I won't like some of the moments, from what they said, it might only be specific girls that get those kinds of paths. Still not a fan of that, but I can accept that if it's avoidable. One girl it seems is not avoidable where she has to perform a handjob/blowjob on her boyfriend to get blackmail info, but I'm not sure if they are a LI or not. Other than that, he added some information above where you can see for yourself if it's your cup of tea.

I gave criticism and the Dev listened, so my rule is, I have to play their game now. I'll let you know what is in this version and try to dredge up more info. One thing I do know, is that their are more virgins than initially thought. Whether you care or not is up to you, personally, I care a lot! Like Faith No More.

my biggest issue is you cant change the mc's name. as for the GF giving her BF a BJ to get material? correct me if im wrong but wasnt that only in the blackmail path?

unless we're talking about Jasmin (girl with hoodie) yup her BJ scene seems unavoidable which sucks. i would prefer to be able to prevent any and all sex scenes that dont involve the MC. not all blackmail material needs to be sex related.

LazyBloodlines

Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2020
MINOR UPDATE
First things first, I want to thank everyone for you support so far! I did not expect to have supporters so early on! :)
Making games was always some kind of a dream, and having people supporting it is a privilege. So I wanted to thank you all in advance! :D

Some critiques were harsher than others. But that's alright. I actually enjoy hearing from people what they're thinking. Sometimes, even if it's just full hatred, there's something there I can transform into something useful. Feedback is always welcome. And to those who DM me with messages of support and trying to motivate me, you're the best! ;)

Changelog
-Improved first renders quality (See spoilers for some comparisons)
-Fixed Jake's name sometimes appearing as Roy
-Player can now change MC's name
-Better explanation of game mechanics and future plans

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
1.) needs opportunity to change MC name (EDIT: seems to be done by small uppdate just this second)
2.) should be scripted to be able to use URM Mod or at least Unren (both don't work for some reason)
3.) needs a propper hint system - as nothing is more boring and a complete "turn-off" than senseless skipping around to search for next event (if you reached end of story content, you even will be roaming around forever

To sum up:
promising setup so far, but once again a senseless sandbox game where you just skip stupidly around

PRO: The developer seems to be open minded to any suggestions

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
MINOR UPDATE
First things first, I want to thank everyone for you support so far! I did not expect to have supporters so early on! :)
Making games was always some kind of a dream, and having people supporting it is a privilege. So I wanted to thank you all in advance! :D

Some critiques were harsher than others. But that's alright. I actually enjoy hearing from people what they're thinking. Sometimes, even if it's just full hatred, there's something there I can transform into something useful. Feedback is always welcome. And to those who DM me with messages of support and trying to motivate me, you're the best! ;)

Changelog
-Improved first renders quality (See spoilers for some comparisons)
-Fixed Jake's name sometimes appearing as Roy
-Player can now change MC's name
-Better explanation of game mechanics and future plans

I know peopel complained about the lighting, but personally, I liked the before pictures because of their nice contrast. Maybe it was too much, but it looks like you pulled back a little too much. Then again, that's just me. I like vibrant art in my games. Especially when you use color.

LazyBloodlines

Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2020
1.) needs opportunity to change MC name (EDIT: seems to be done by small uppdate just this second)
2.) should be scripted to be able to use URM Mod or at least Unren (both don't work for some reason)
3.) needs a propper hint system - as nothing is more boring and a complete "turn-off" than senseless skipping around to search for next event (if you reached end of story content, you even will be roaming around forever

To sum up:
promising setup so far, but once again a senseless sandbox game where you just skip stupidly around

PRO: The developer seems to be open minded to any suggestions
2.) --> I'll check into that. But perhaps it has something to do with the new Ren'py update? Ren'py 8 changes from Python 2 to Python, and perhaps that has some compability issues. But I'll definitely look into that later.

3.) --> That's a solid point. I'll rework the menu system. But for the next update I'll add an option that hints the player on what to do next. Working on that as we speak.

I know peopel complained about the lighting, but personally, I liked the before pictures because of their nice contrast. Maybe it was too much, but it looks like you pulled back a little too much. Then again, that's just me. I like vibrant art in my games. Especially when you use color.
I do love high vibrance and a nice contrast in my art too! :D
But in a few renders the excessive contrast was actually harming the scene.
In this scene I think changing Asuna's posture fits more into her personality. It just fits better. Her eyes doesn't stand out as much so that it doesn't rob most of the attention and the player can now feel easier her body language.

In this scene, however, I think the high contrast fits better, so I've kept it as is. MC's eyes stand out more and feels more penetrating.

I still like High contrast-vibrant scenes and there's plenty in the game, with more to come. :D

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Wait an Update? Dammit i just realased a mod for the last version (still waiting approval LMAO)

Welp
Guess i get stright to updating mod Lol

• Wow
Reactions: LazyBloodlines

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
A mod????? Damn, you guys are fast :oops:
just a walk through/cheat mod only real issues i had making it was since you decided to use a low screen resolution (1280x720) i has to modify all my images and styles and reduce everything in "size" by 20% since it was made for resolutions 1600x900 + Lol

So i skimmed the script file is the only new "content" the day 5 event?

also thanks for adding mc name change means i don't have to add it to mod Lol

those do work you just have to rename the python folder

Last edited:

LazyBloodlines

Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2020
just a walk through/cheat mod only real issues i had making it was since you decided to use a low screen resolution (1280x720) i has to modify all my images and styles and reduce everything in "size" by 20% since it was made for resolutions 1600x900 + Lol

So i skimmed the script file is the only new "content" the day 5 event?

also thanks for adding mc name change means i don't have to add it to mod Lol

I actually make them 1920x1080, but I downscale them to 1280x720 so that it reaches a larger variety of players, those who don't have a 1080p monitor.
It also saves some space, and it's easier to download.

And yes, the day 5 event is the only new "content". This patch was mostly a rework of a few earlier renders and a few corrections on some lines. Also the MC name change addition.

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
banner.png

Features:

• This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and story event in the game DropOut Saga! The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story. The mod guides also show all requirements for getting all possible extra dialogue options and seeing all possible extra content during events and scenes.
  • An optional cheat menu has also been added.

• Shawn's Improvements:
    • Improved the dialogue UI by making the hud more minimal, making the textbox smaller (can be toggled on/off in Mod settings)

https://f95zone.to/threads/dropout-...mprovements-cheat-mod-0-1a-shawnchapp.123853/

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I actually make them 1920x1080, but I downscale them to 1280x720 so that it reaches a larger variety of players, those who don't have a 1080p monitor.
It also saves some space, and it's easier to download.

And yes, the day 5 event is the only new "content". This patch was mostly a rework of a few earlier renders and a few corrections on some lines. Also the MC name change addition.
i mean fair atleast now i have a "template" for the next VN in that rez Lol

and ya just making sure i didn't miss something Lol and a "change MC name" in mod so people can just change it at will if they don't want to restart

as for the game itself not a bad start i look forward to see where this goes but i would recommend better lighting its very dark in some scenes especially during the day not sure if it was intended or just render mishaps.

I'll always highly recommend getting in the habit of naming files/images as "text_text_text" putingt spaces can cause problems when it comes to coding so its always a good habit to have and never use special characters (i didn't notice any but just in case Lol)

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!

LazyBloodlines

Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2020
i mean fair atleast now i have a "template" for the next VN in that rez Lol

and ya just making sure i didn't miss something Lol and a "change MC name" in mod so people can just change it at will if they don't want to restart

as for the game itself not a bad start i look forward to see where this goes but i would recommend better lighting its very dark in some scenes especially during the day not sure if it was intended or just render mishaps.

I'll always highly recommend getting in the habit of naming files/images as "text_text_text" putingt spaces can cause problems when it comes to coding so its always a good habit to have and never use special characters (i didn't notice any but just in case Lol)

Gotta be extra careful on what I put on the script, being so easy to "decompile" ren'py archives, lol :oops: :ROFLMAO:

It's always good to know "good habits" in programming. I never use "special characters" but I'll try using underline instad of space.

I still have no use for those attributes in the cheat tab, but that will make a lot of things easier.

And I was glad someone took interest in modding the game. Does that make sense? lol

Reactions: Shawnchapp

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Gotta be extra careful on what I put on the script, being so easy to "decompile" ren'py archives, lol :oops: :ROFLMAO:

It's always good to know "good habits" in programming. I never use "special characters" but I'll try using underline instad of space.

I still have no use for those attributes in the cheat tab, but that will make a lot of things easier.

And I was glad someone took interest in modding the game. Does that make sense? lol
every game can be "decompiled" Lol

oh? well i added them because you had the "stats" defined so figured they would get some use sooner or later

"Does that make sense"

it does glad i could help :)

• Red Heart
4.50 star(s) 76 Votes