VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Sometimes I theorise "Condrop", eh, "Gumdrop" and "The Typist" are actually the same guy, because the Typist has begun to post strange excuses as well and his release dates are the same extraordinary unreliable s... like gumdrop´s are!
In June the Typist announced that the new update was a week away, to this day it still is not updated. The promised teasers were far fewer than said and only for the higher tier patrons, not the grunts. Last week he wanted to release the update on the 24th first, which was pushed back to the 27th. On 27th the Typist posted that it would be released a day later since due to his anniversary he would be likely hung over and fucked out. Over two days later still silence and no release. That modus operandi sounds familiar to us DF-Thread oldtimers, isn´t it?
The only difference is that the Typist has changed his patron to release only, but just a few weeks ago and the few teaser pics are real pics, not the assinine, unusable cut outs gumdrop tries to sell as new.

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
let's look at the bright side, at least it has lost some Patrons, I remember it was always stable on 800/900, now only the remaining 600/700 have to wake up (if they are real)

(sorry for my bad english)

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Yeah, doesn't want to lose patrons. Some of them won't cancel because they might think that they'll get the next release in October, so no point in discontinuing now.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Oh, and it's only an estimate if you're actually, you know, working, and you have a general idea how much work there remains to be done.
I thought that the May 23rd date (that he announced in March) is the one that he'll finally honor. Then he admitted he's lazy and didn't realize that he has to learn some software to actually render an animation that he got from fatcat. So when he said Summer 2020, I thought that the extra four months he gave himself would be enough to complete Part X, since he was able to put together an update within a month in the past, so he knows how much work it is and how much he still needs to do.

Right now I really doubt it's Kyle that's working on the game. He might have wrote everything up to Part VIII, may have conceived the Christmas prequel as something to release between Act I Part X and Act II Part I, so he had renders ready, story outlined and code to be written, but somebody actually may have robbed him of his Patreon and of his assets.

fz

Jun 16, 2017
let's look at the bright side, at least it has lost some Patrons, I remember it was always stable on 800/900, now only the remaining 600/700 have to wake up (if they are real)

(sorry for my bad english)
As of right now, 666 Patrons. Evil confirmed.

• Haha
Reactions: Siddington

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
He now says he is hiring 3 people this week.
Now that could be true:

Three high school students to produce one (1) zoomed in render from the base game, and write a bit of text pretending to be Kyle on a weekly basis. The best one (probably his son / kid brother) can also pretend to be Kyle on Discord. Leaving him with just having to post said submissions on Patreon.

The students will be paid $50 a month. Kyle will be paid, what $7000 a month. I mean, he still had to work a bit (posting a bit of stuff and all), and we can't have that when you're making $7000 a month, can we?

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
He now says he is hiring 3 people this week.
I am sure he´ll be hiring them like he did with his annouced earlier team, you only hear about when he needs an excuse. Gummy lies when he opens his mouth. The only scenario I see he really hires help in is the one kilatin described. Maybe Gumdrop finally recognised that he already burned every milligram of goodwill he had with the wider fanbase and even his overgenerous patrons are slowly getting annoyed it seems.

Reactions: shetka
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes