VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So I was just browsing a couple of other threads, noticed LoP mentioned on one, so I thought, why not give playforceone a quick visit to see if there's anything interesting...
...yes, there is. Dual Family v4 is featured on the front page... and people like it.
doubt that df has anything to do with this.

asokaaso2

Oct 14, 2019
his patreons are people who forgot to unsubscribe plus people who tried the game first time thinking it will be released soon. Most of the patreons are like people who tried a "good" restaurant the first time then end up not coming back because of the service.

Last edited:

humanno21

Dec 4, 2019
If that were the case the comments/patrons ratio on his Patreon wouldn't be abysmal (no game that is popular has such a low ratio). So no, the game is not "very good" in 2020, it's quite mediocre by today's standards (in fact, it's not a game anymore, it's an abandoned project, and it has been abandoned for longer than it has been a game). He is most likely profiting of dormant accounts who forgot they pledged. That or some other shady stuff (the alternative payment method on his site now looks even shadier).
I always suspected that something shady is going on here. He is probably producing something that is only available over dark web. And moderators of this site are obviously also in on it...

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
he's been exceptionally quiet since fatcat blew up his latest excuse..... whats guessing that he reappears shortly with the whole, I've been ill, then the animator got ill, then there was no bus to my office, then my office had a problem so i couldn't get in to finish renders for the animation, then it started raining cats and dogs, then the aliens OMG......... come on no excuse is out of the realms of possibility lol......

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I wonder whether gumdrop simply decided to drop the pretense and ignore the project altogether and just let the money roll as long as it does or if he's working hard on proving that he didn't abandon the project.
Dollars to nuts it's the former.

By the way, I checked graphtreon and there's no rebound like there was in January. So there is a core followers group which still believes in the project, but one should expect attrition now.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi!

Since "condrop" get´s nothing done and I just do not want to only discuss stuff, I post to prevent a sleep of the topic my first "Dual Family" render. I am a nearly a total noop at DAZ, so I hope some members can give some tips.
Hope you enjoy it. It is a pic of the daughter.
Toch1.jpg

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
So, how many months did that take?
Decades, many decades!;):LOL:
Joking aside, I am now even more miffed at gumdrop than before. As I said, I am practically a newbie with DAZ. So it took me a couple hours to get the picture halfway right and then came rendering. I just have an Intel UHD 630 in my desktop, since it is enough for me at the moment, even many games that thing can run.
Still it is on-board GPU, BUT the pic above took my computer not even 10 minutes to render! Ok, I have an i7 and it is one where the UHD can take up to 8GB RAM for itself, still my computer is far from being a render monster.
What the heck was gumdrop doing? Never ever could rendering the pics take so long, even back when he updated regularly. Yes, some complicated pics take quite some time even on render machines. But gumdrop has few of the really intense renders. Him riding the "dutch angles" reduces render time!

TheRedBook

May 19, 2018
Hi!

Since "condrop" get´s nothing done and I just do not want to only discuss stuff, I post to prevent a sleep of the topic my first "Dual Family" render. I am a nearly a total noop at DAZ, so I hope some members can give some tips.
Hope you enjoy it. It is a pic of the daughter.
View attachment 548198
how did u get hte model? found it there of u made it?

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Editing since it seems that context is lost. I'll delete irrelevant data. Treat this is a sort-of FAQ regarding patron count:
Each patreon experiences a decrease at the beginning of the month
It's the 14th. Not the beginning of the month.
See this link:

What's more, February, March and April are usually the largest decreases in revenues.
Consult graphtreon for other creators.
Gumdrop has already experienced a loss of patrons since August 2018 until April 2019 when there was a huge rebound. Apparently it made Gumdrop think that he can get away with his shit (or Patreon is an outlet for his money laundering, nobody can tell).
Although the maximum for most creators is reached by 25th, there's also a visible rebound around the 6th-7th after payments are reprocessed manually by returning patrons. It did not happen this month. And I'd hardly expect it to happen because Gumdrop hasn't made a single post this month. No point in joining if there's nothing new to read or see.

You can observe similar thing for Mr Dots (the creator of Melody). Anyway, I am pretty sure that he will earn over 8,000 in July. Not that I think it is right or wrong.
Mr Dots is shedding patrons since last year. More to do with him having finished the last game and not engaging well with his new project. However, Mr Dots did finish his project, not abandoned it without doing roughly sweet fuck all.
I think the only creator who has successfully managed a transition to a new game is Palmer, and one where you will see an unbelievably huge drop is Dark Cookie as soon as Summertime Saga is completed.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes