VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Most Politicians are a little more subtle in their failures, they have whole PR teams to cover up their bullshit.

I never said the mentality was good, I merely pointed out the only person Gumdrops can blame for it's formation is himself.

Also citation needed, you can't just dismiss the rabid defense of Gumdrops' 'Followers' while condemning the F95 crowd for the exact same behavior.
Well, I never been one of his followers, nor been at his discord. So I never experienced his "followers" up close. I only experienced the rabble here -) Also saying to much/far in either direction is a bad thing, should cover both.

Seeing how "well" he does it on Patreon vs other more productive creators, who know, maybe he got a pr team....

I'm not condemning people for being disgruntled over valid reasons that is factual. It's all the other bullshit people try to invent on top with no facts, no evidence. It's quite a bit step from call someone a liar and at best a con artist, to start accuse them of doing child erotica, dealing drugs (laundering drug money), and shit with no evidence to go with it. Heck, seems no one can even provide evidence of that super secret 50 bucks room. And no one got interested in contact the animator he hired to do a query about the work done either, once it was proved he actually had hired someone.

There is enough stuff to blame GD for, no reason to invent more to pile on top. Hence the witch hunt reference.

Rythan25 , well you can argue Slonique deserve more support than GD, because although Slonique doesn't give people what they want, he does make content, and push it out regulary. Also I don't think anyone said hard working devs deserve less. Creator's isn't just creators of their games (or whatever), but also their own success, bring in pledges and interest in what they do. You can be the best creator ever and still end up get nothing back for it, if you fail at garner interest in what you create. Some people better at market themselves, while others might get held back by language barriers and other things.

If you have favorite creators that you think deserve more support and attention, then do something about it? If I support something or someone on patreon, it's in my best interest to spread the word and get more people interested in pledge. The better chance of the creator complete what he/she/they working on. Just talk about x creator deserve less than y crator because... reasons... doesn't change nor help anything.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Joshua Tree

Ok so without BS or long winded speeches about how good at marketing this guy or that guy is... Just cutting right into the meat of the issue...

Do you believe that Gumdrop deserves the 8k a month he is getting ? Again leave out the lame politics and "definition of "deserves" and all that crap"... Based on the content he has provided since 2018, does he deserve 8k a month ? Simple yes or no answer...

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Joshua Tree

Ok so without BS or long winded speeches about how good at marketing this guy or that guy is... Just cutting right into the meat of the issue...

Do you believe that Gumdrop deserves the 8k a month he is getting ? Again leave out the lame politics and "definition of "deserves" and all that crap"... Based on the content he has provided since 2018, does he deserve 8k a month ? Simple yes or no answer...
Doesn't matter what I believe or not. If he make 8 bucks, or 8000 bucks, doesn't matter one bit for me. Just as it doesn't matter how much you earn or not earn. (or anyone else for that matter). If I should start talk about what people deserve or not, the list would end up mighty long. I see no purpose in single out people in that regard. I did pledge for 3 months like a year, and some months ago. I voted with my money, as should everyone else.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Joshua Tree I agree with what your saying despite your wishy washy answer... so then why do you have such a problem with people on this thread advising other newer faces to stay away from this dev "therefore voting with their wallets" ? Instead you come and try to defend Gumdrop, and put him in a positive light that might sway indecisive or "dumb" people to actually consider supporting this scam artist...

Let the ones who made it their mission to steer people away from this dev and to other more "worthy" devs do that... no skin off your back, regardless of your own views on "what constitutes worthy"...

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Joshua Tree I agree with what your saying despite your wishy washy answer... so then why do you have such a problem with people on this thread advising other newer faces to stay away from this dev "therefore voting with their wallets" ? Instead you come and try to defend Gumdrop, and put him in a positive light that might sway indecisive or "dumb" people to actually consider supporting this scam artist...

Let the ones who made it their mission to steer people away from this dev and to other more "worthy" devs do that... no skin off your back, regardless of your own views on "what constitutes worthy"...
So calling someone less than truthful, at best a liar and a possible a con artist is defending them now? Also I never said I had any issue with people advice people from stay away from this creator or any other creator. I believe people can make up their own mind in that regard though with all said and done.

If someone did accuse you of doing child erotica, or laundering drug money, or other insane stuff with no proof and evidence I would spoke up for you as well. Or would you rather no one would speak up for you if you got accused of such? Such accusations can ruin someones life no? If someone says it enough times it must be true right? There is a far stretch from what he have done, or rather haven't done. And a lot of the things he been accused of. But I guess that is okay in your world?

Reactions: noname777

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018

"Despite your wishy washy answer" man cant agree more LOL

Reactions: Rythan25

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
There's no need for a walkthrough. The choices are obvious or are individual dead ends that don't affect the story, in the slightest. Just keep saving before each choice, pick one, look what happens, reload the save if you didn't like the outcome of your choice, etc.
Of course that would work but... theres not enough saving slots to do that and to KEEP the saves. Is there any way to get more saving slots on both dad and son routes ???

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
So... it looks like a lot has happened since last playing this game in about mid 2017...

Let me guess, it's gone down like Blackgate!

LouWill

Feb 3, 2018
What a shame man. This was one of the best games on this website. Patreon still shows a healthy income. I hope people aren't paying the dev money without any sort of confirmation that new content is going to be released

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
So... it looks like a lot has happened since last playing this game in about mid 2017...

Let me guess, it's gone down like Blackgate!
Blackgate still has breaths of life every now and then despite being a overall failed project, this is just fucking dead.

• Haha
Reactions: TheSexinati

meanmike

Apr 1, 2019
Pretty smart way to do it though. Ending the development right before the climax of the mother part, and get people to desperately cling to hope that it will actually be finished. Makes him way more money than actually finishing it

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
For clarification on the On Hold/Abandoned tag:
Games marked as On Hold, are the ones where the developer (or a responsible associate person) has paused the game development for an indefinite amount of time. This applies to Dual Family.

Now the Abandoned prefix is used when:
1. There's an official word of the end of development, with no plans of coming back.
2. More than three months of radio silence from the developer.

That does not apply here since Gumdrop has kept posting semi-regularly through these 1.5 years with no updates, meaning we can't tag as abandoned according to our rules.

Despite that, as you're probably well aware, the games have gone more than a year with no updates, the developer has promised and missed every deadline he set.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes