VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Pyjak Slayer

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
In all honesty, I thought I was a bit of a salty prick, but it's good to know that at the very least, some people agree with me. I have a huge interest in this project. And if it was bad, I wouldn't be 'angry' in the first place.

So the impatient people, and disgruntled patrons are a good problem. Yearning and waiting till' the very last second on the clock is a good problem, it means you're doing a good job. All that is left now is that he actually delivers on what he promised.

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
If you look at the left screenshot and read his sentence "After compression of my 500 files, I found out it takes some time to play mix & match between the old and the new." you get the impression he compressed images in the same folder as the old ones (thus _1 at the end of the filename) and now he has to manually rename 500 files one by one.

I refuse to believe a game dev could do something like this... tell me I'm just imagining things.

May 7, 2017
(...) you get the impression he compressed images in the same folder as the old ones (thus _1 at the end of the filename) and now he has to manually rename 500 files one by one.

I refuse to believe a game dev could do something like this... tell me I'm just imagining things.
@fredoo04 I don't think it's the case, those "..._1" at the end of the files are probably there to represent the locked images in the secret gallery. So as to confirm that idea, check the image that says z0_secret_16 at the bottom left and compare it to z0_secret_16_1, both present similar silhouettes of the mother though the only difference is the blur, making the blurry one the placeholder image in the gallery until you unlocked it.

Reactions: fredoo04

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
Ohhh, that makes sense.. thx for clarification.
Is Episode 5 packed into this remaster or is it a separate release later?
Some patrons think it will be in the remaster but I'm not too sure.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Ohhh, that makes sense.. thx for clarification.
Is Episode 5 packed into this remaster or is it a separate release later?
Some patrons think it will be in the remaster but I'm not too sure.
I don't think so. If i not mistaken, he even said so in some post. That "episode 5 would be released after remaster" or something like that.

killmike

Jul 25, 2017
It's unfortunate that he's been spreading himself so thin, and promising too much. I remember people warning him about this months ago on fenoxo. He might need to hire a manager or another dev to help him out. He could probably be raking in a lot more money if he was more consistent in updating.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
It's unfortunate that he's been spreading himself so thin, and promising too much. I remember people warning him about this months ago on fenoxo. He might need to hire a manager or another dev to help him out. He could probably be raking in a lot more money if he was more consistent in updating.
Yeah, he needs much more people. Secretary, manager, another dev... if he can even afford all this people, he definitely should think about that. And then just work calmly without this tons of text, excuses and promises.

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
LOL is YT's project still alive?
I thought that thing was abandoned.
I supported YT for several months around last year, and eventually I got fed up with his BS and left. :teary:
I only regret the money I wasted on him and others...

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi!

being in Europe and having a pause atm, I came in to look at Dual Family and he didn´t update again? WtF? This game project is great, so I am interested in it, but if you are a Dev who charges people, you should keep to your promised deadlines!
I am a freetime novel writer, but I don´t charge my readers as long as I am learning to write better. One day I want to fully publish, but that is another thing. I know how problematic keeping dealines can be when you do it in your freetime, especially since last year I became seriously ill. But my readers know I will update some time and I always told them that I try to release at a certain time, but I cannot be sure if that happens due to other factors.

But here we have a fixed release date and it does not happen again? That is a no go.

killmike

Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, he needs much more people. Secretary, manager, another dev... if he can even afford all this people, he definitely should think about that. And then just work calmly without this tons of text, excuses and promises.
It is unfortunate because he seems like an overall good guy from when I talked to him months ago on fenoxo. I pointed out a couple of small bugs, he responded pretty quickly, and I was able to have a couple of good conversations with him. He has an awesome concept but he's trying to do too much with too little manpower. He probably needs to either scale it back by limiting the game to one MC, or he needs to hire more people. It's just too much work for an inexperienced dev to do.

Reactions: Dilettante

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
I don't think his main problem is manpower but the fact he's a perfectionist.
For example that guy that makes The Humbling Experience is also a solo dev but cranks out content like crazy with each update.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
For some reason his latest post says it went to 632 patrons and his page says 496 patrons.
As far as I can see, every few minutes one patron leaves. And who knows how many stayed but paused..
I don't see problem. As i remember, something like this happened other time too (exactly same situation with delaying). All this patrons just waiting for release. As he deliver, they can return, or new ones come.

Probably not impatient people, they waited 1.5 months for the release and were still pledgers. More likely just people who like to get what they pay for when they are promised :)
I pledge too, and waiting too. But i'm not so fast at judging and leaving my favourite dev. It's just seems funny and silly to me.

I don't think his main problem is manpower but the fact he's a perfectionist.
For example that guy that makes The Humbling Experience is also a solo dev but cranks out content like crazy with each update.
Yeah, he definitely is perfectionist. It's not like he absolutely needed this remaster in the first place. But even then manpower is crucial.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes