VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Yeah, really grind my gear when i see Gumdrop getting 8k a month by doing jack for a whole year. While someone like PhillyGames, who produced and completed a amazing game call Depraved Awakening, can barely scrape by 2 to 3k a month.
Well. no one is being forced at gunpoint to support anyone on Patreon what so ever.

Also Patreon's come and go over time. Many that support in the later stage of the game, might not have done in the first ones, and so on. Imho, this game is one of the best games on the site here. It doesn't sit well for the crowd that want to instant fap and get to the money shoot right away. But frankly that never been what this game been about either. There is enough games around that use the same models over and over, which more than often not even appear realistic at all for the setting.

No creators on Patreon would likely tell people to not support them anylonger because they reached a certain income a month. Remember, Patreon is not about pay for products or a service, its about support creators. Which range between people sitting around eat food, or body paint or god knows what.

I been a Patreon for this game a few months in the past, then swapped to another game (which I swapped to another again later). I try to spread things around.

If the next (last) installment in this chapter/act will deliver for a nice experience, I don't really care that much if it took a long time, as it would been worth waiting for.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, this thread is basically just circling back to dissing Kyle over and over again. Pouring out your anger here will not make a dent on the number of patrons and pledges he has. You can however, help us fan artists of Dual Family to provide something Kyle failed at by providing names of the clothing assets used in the game.

156410_SEC_SO_0.jpg 156411_q_kit_04.jpg 156412_k_dinner_03.jpg 156413_n_shop_49.jpg 156414_Bmom6.jpg 156415_f_kitchen_63.jpg

Some of us actually had to buy render assets online if there are no free options available, all in the name of fan-art. Also, since the Christmas Special is a disappointment, I would like to provide another late Holiday present. It's not much since it's basically half of the entire picture but it is something. It's a teaser preview for my comic fan-art series Chapter 10.

teaser_chap10.png

will paint your balls from blue to bright red.

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
Vanaduke is right, the fan art thread is much better than the game. Great looking characters, boring game.
Luckily "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...
For the a**hole that he is, his renders are in another league compare to the the fan-art thread is producing and mostlikely the thing that keeps people hooked.
The only one I found, in the whole 21 pages, that comes even cloese is what @TTrick posted on Dec 28th

Fan-art is at the end only just fan-fiction...

Reactions: yandex and TTrick

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hey hey hey...that was a good game. It just wasn't a good metal gear game
That happened to quite a few games. Personally I liked Resident Evil 5 and to an extend even 6, but they weren't good Resident Evil games. 4 was awesome, probably my favorite in the series, but even this wasn't completely true to the original idea.
Same with Spliner Cell - Chaos Theory was the best and Conviction was really cool, just not a good Splinter Cell game. Good for the story, but not for the gameplay.

moarshotaplz

Sep 29, 2017
That happened to quite a few games. Personally I liked Resident Evil 5 and to an extend even 6, but they weren't good Resident Evil games. 4 was awesome, probably my favorite in the series, but even this wasn't completely true to the original idea.
Same with Spliner Cell - Chaos Theory was the best and Conviction was really cool, just not a good Splinter Cell game. Good for the story, but not for the gameplay.
It's a little funny that the most in depth gaming discussion in the last 15 pages is about early 2000s PS2 titles :D

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
It's a little funny that the most in depth gaming discussion in the last 15 pages is about early 2000s PS2 titles :D
Well, it was one of the better times for gaming and even if some mods will probably disagree with me here, it's not like we distract people from anything at all. There is no new update, no gameplay or quest related questions or anthing similar and if there is not a different topic everyone will just back to the regular things how he milks his patrons, how he is an asshole and such.

sr.

May 13, 2018
Well, it's not like we distract people from anything at all. There is no new update, no gameplay or quest related questions or anthing similar and if there is not a different topic everyone will just back to the regular things how he milks his patrons, how he is an asshole and such.
Actually if there was a thread named DISSING THE GUMDROP/KYLE it would have been shifted to popular category by now,....with way more replies then the actual game discussion thread:unsure:

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
Actually if there was a thread named DISSING THE GUMDROP/KYLE it would have been shifted to popular category by now,....with way more replies then the actual game discussion thread:unsure:
Even IGN, watchmojo and gameranx will make "Top 10 Dev's that are hated by everyone" and Kyle will be at the top and Tameem Antoniades on second place.

moarshotaplz

Sep 29, 2017
Well, it was one of the better times for gaming and even if some mods will probably disagree with me here, it's not like we distract people from anything at all. There is no new update, no gameplay or quest related questions or anthing similar and if there is not a different topic everyone will just back to the regular things how he milks his patrons, how he is an asshole and such.
Oh man, tell me about it. If only I could suffer through amnesia and get to play through the MGS series again. 3 is such an incredible game, I'm so glad Kojima is seemingly being given a blank slate over at sony, super curious what comes out.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
7 Stages of "fangirling" on the Dual Family Thread.

1. Appreciation - Appreciation being the first stage is where you showcase the naive hope for the game's unique premise of dual perspective and a promise of a good incest story. An adult game where desired women do not throw themselves over easily and where the men seeks a promising romantic interactions with their family members instead of diving directly into the incest pool. "Tis gonna be gud", you say.

2. Critique - the systematic observation and analysis after playing few chapters of the game. This is where you express the discipline of critical thinking, be it formal, vulgar or plain incomprehensible. You convey your thoughts through a detailed review, comments and discussions concerning the story, dialogue, mechanics, the developer, angle shots and plausible scenarios of the game's future. Pros and Cons. Boobs and fucking skeletons.

3. The Buying and Waiting Game - this stage depends on the level of appreciation you have after the second stage, along with your financial capability. High appreciation levels leads to investment. You crave for more, so you invest hoping the developer would deliver his promises and continue the story you learnt to love. You either pledge or pirate but in the end, you yearn for more. You commit to the story. You commit yourself not on the developer but to the game. Your anticipation is killing you, your desire grows stronger...and you wait. You fucking wait.

4. Denial - You kept on fucking waiting. You deduce you have been betrayed or the game is abandoned. You've been conned, swindled, slandered and cheated. Nothing makes sense. The developer is gaining traction, more patrons, more pledges yet he still failed to provide what you paid for (or pirated for). Your thoughts wander off, maybe he's busy. Maybe his grandfather died. You won't dare render boobs at a funeral, would you? You assure yourself that everything is alright, that this is part of the healing process. A stage where you contemplate on the possibilities of a future you invested into. Humanity has made first contact with aliens, interplanetary and galactic war is waged, mankind has destroyed itself and ventures off to the cold frontier of the unknown yet Chapter 10 is still not released. A captain has assured you that everything is alright but all the thoughts and feelings you were repressing begins to surface and starts wrecking havoc.

5. Anger - "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!", you convinced yourself you're confused but in reality, you are burning inside. Your interrogative thoughts are replaced with exclamatory rage. This is the stage where there are no limits, you just had to displace your anger somewhere: in the comments, in the discord or at that one guy who contributes nothing in the thread but incomprehensible off-topic blab. You throw yourself into pointless discussions and arguments. Anyone who disagrees with you is now a prime target for your anger or if you're chill, watch as everyone in the thread meets the end of a ban hammer and have their posts deleted by a moderator. Collectively however, pirate and patrons unquestionably agrees on the source of the slander. The culprit is the developer himself.

6. Bargaining - As the result of your anger, you withdrew your pledge and wander the high seas, into the ocean of adult games. Bargaining is a temporary truce, you can devote yourself into other adult games as a pirate or a patron. You decided to leave this thread for a while, only visiting once in a while to pay your respects to the Captain. You ventured into the General Discussion boards, to prominent games, make or watch fan-arts but despite your treasure hunts, despite the downloads and lotions, you came crawling back. Maybe it's out of curiosity or Dual Family has grown into you. Somehow, it pulls your ship back to its shores. Someone has offered a bargain. Not you. Him. Kyle. The developer. He lures you with treasures: pin-ups, previews, teasers and promises. He shows you boobs and immediately you are back into his island of false promises. You're back here again, in the Dual Family F95 discussion thread...waiting.

7. Acceptance - there is no stage of depression in the ocean of adult games. We're degenerates, pirates and patrons alike and you've reach the final stage - acceptance. You've finally accept the fact you've been duped and fucked in the ass. The truth that this game will never arrive to a point where you get to see the protagonists engaging in any intimate, sexual activity with their desired other. The Son will never get to copulate with his very own Mother and the Father won't be the first to take his Daughter's virginity.

You've realized that complaining, whining and arguing in the discussion thread nor at any platform doesn't do shit. He fooled you once and you realized, the developer is a con man. He fooled you for the second time and you realized, you're an idiot. He fooled you the third time and it dawns on you, the developer is damn good at his job. Not in conceptualizing such a promising game but on managing his industry - milking.

______

You watch as new arrivals and members has not progressed far from the stage of anger. You laugh as you see yourself as one of the new commenters pointlessly arguing at each other. You're now content to what is given by generous patrons who has not moved pass the Buying Game. You lowered your expectations so low you're not even bothered waiting. Teasers? Please. You no longer care for the game, you just want to bust a nut, nothing more. You haven't involved yourself to the story nor anyone in the thread as before. What saddens you now is the Captain can no longer post his logs.

Maybe someday, you'll reach the 8th stage. The stage of departure. The last stage where either you abandon the game or the developer abandons the game for good.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes