VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
Kyle can also cling to the following questions: Did he mention in what time zone the time limit of his announced update would be based? And on what calendar?

Because he is very capable of saying that he was referring to one of the Pacific time zones before day change (as Hawaii), or that he was referring to another calendar (for example, we are now in the 11 January 2019 of the Julian calendar -used by the Orthodox Church-, although it could be very very worse -we are now in the 1440 year of the Islamic calendar-).
Well.. i'm on the Kurzgesagt calendar (12019) and I don't have the next version so good luck :sneaky:

Reactions: Megnold

Pal_

Jul 13, 2017
the only reason, he made this christmas version was, because it didn´t need much code. It was a standalone version, therefore easy to be acomplished in 3 weeks in terms of code. I doubt very much, that he worked months for the next update. I rather think, that he just updated the tracker on his website, without even having done something. Still to be on the same render-scene-status since months doesn´t make any sense, when the tracker was updated every week with a finished scene before. One scene wasn´t finished since october 2017, everything else was already rendered. What has he done during the time of the (still) rendering of the last scene? He could have just written the code at the same time to implement everything else, but it seems, he didn´t do. Especially, because everything from the mother and son perspective seems to be already finished since october.

So now he´s there with an update he barely made, therefore needing more time. I doubt everything else he said. Especially when they are just that...pure words without some prove.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
So, the update was supposed to release today (1.25.2019) right ?
Yep, that is what dev said. But do not count that he/she will actualy deliver update. More likely he/she will postopne release. I even do not care if update ever come to F95. It is a dead game. And my advice for anny potentional patreons, do not SUPORT this dev, not trustworthy.

Reactions: Dogmeat

bjd29803

Apr 27, 2017
Does anyone actually believe there are 2400+ new pictures? I have a feeling we are bout to get a New Years themed mini sode like the Christmas one, and late like it too.

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
You can spend all the money in the world to upgrade your tools etc. But end of the day, it will boil down to your own creativity and time availble as well. If you have x hours a day to work on something, that wouldn't change. Also, if you set as goal if you get a certain level of income you will go full time into development, that is easy to say when you start out, but once you reach that goal and have to consider the consequences. Maybe not easy to execute. I don't know his family situation, if he got wife, kids whatever. How many hours such activities take. I don't know if you got a job, or what you work with if etc. But would you in his situation give up on a real job at the mercy of Patreons? I know I wouldn't. It's easy to judge people, but you can't really without walk in their shoes.

btw, you voted with your money and used your strongest argument :p anything else is just sticks and stones, and hardly make difference at all.
Your right i dont know his situation, what i do know is what was promised as a target on patreon.....

at no point as he stated that this wouldnt be the case and im pretty sure in more than one of his long winded mindless updates about his site rather than the game, that he has stated he has now put more time in to developing the game, yet we have absolutely no proof of this except weekly tracker updates which dont move for weeks if not months on end. Nothing stated about family holding him back, no personal issues stated, so with a complete lack of evidence kyle has actually produced anything other than a small pointless christmas update, one no one actually requested, then it all points to nothing actually being done or if it is then at a much slower pace than has been promised, and realistically has probably only been in development for weeks rather than months.

he's getting paid no matter what, what incentive does he have to get this completed? he claims to be a perfectionist.... if he changed to a charge per update i can guarantee this would have come out a long time ago perfectionist or not. He's played the system and is winning everyday patreon dont give him the boot.

-He is not ready, this game becomes like HL3, not too perfect to release at the scheduled time.-
he delete me for this message
i saw that post go up and then get deleted about 30 seconds later, filtering the negative comments out to protect his illusion no doubt.

Mrs Delington

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
he is a thief
This make me laugh. Are you paying for this game or you have played it by downloading it on this website or any other website that offers for free (instead of paying for your games or be a financial supporter) the possibility of downloading games ? You know that it is more you that is theft, that this guy, Kyle ?
Think about that.
And stop complaining if you are not a financial supporter. You dont have any right to complaint if you dont pay. Now, go downloading other games on a pirate site. But, to be honest, I am not agree with his kind of business, but I dont pay anymore. So i cannot complaint. I stopped giving him money and that is it.

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
This dev and his patrons never cease to amaze me.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already finished working on several releases in advance and is simply playing the waiting game.
Why should he release if he's getting paid anyway?

I bet the day his patron numbers and earnings significantly drop there would be a release in no time.

It's sort of a paradox - the more people pledge, the less they get.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This dev and his patrons never cease to amaze me.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already finished working on several releases in advance and is simply playing the waiting game.
Why should he release if he's getting paid anyway?

I bet the day his patron numbers and earnings significantly drop there would be a release in no time.

It's sort of a paradox - the more people pledge the less they get.
He already posted the long dev cycle does have an impact on his patreons. With shorter dev cycles he would gained more, if money was the only goal.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes