VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
Just wondering .... A game that didn't have an update since 3 mars last year which thus separates us one month to complete the whole year .

Why people continue their pledge to the developer .

Sure . the game is "masterpiece " In story , render , character and the plot twist ..... but, you are paying to a provided service that promised to be delivered to the supporters every month or even every two months.

Just A thought.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Just wondering .... A game that didn't have an update since 3 mars last year which thus separates us one month to complete the whole year .

Sure . the game is "masterpiece " In story , render , character and the plot twist ..... but, you are paying to a provided service that promised to be delivered to the supporters every month or even every two months.

Just A thought.
My 2 cents: as a visual novel, the game is boring as fuck.

Confusing story and plot, boring and annoying dialogues and lines. First chapters were quite enjoyable until the family goes to seaside at the Aunt's, and I still think there's a big hole in the story at this point. Reading the novel from that point onwards was like eating pieces of a broken glass bottle, to me. I stopped hurting myself when the wannabe daughter's boyfriend (poor lad! I pity you!) hangs out with her at the movie.

I don't want to know what happens next. Most of all, I don't care at all.

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018

Confusing story and plot, boring and annoying dialogues and lines. First chapters were quite enjoyable until the family goes to seaside at the Aunt's, and I still think there's a big hole in the story at this point. Reading the novel from that point onwards was like eating pieces of a broken glass bottle, to me. I stopped hurting myself when the wannabe daughter's boyfriend (poor lad! I pity you!) hangs out with her at the movie.

Respected point of view .
But we've a Say in our country " If not there differences in taste.... the goods will be ruined " >>> every one loves something different than the other.
I was just asking to understand the whole picture " why supporters keep their pledge for a whole year?"
Let's look at it in another angle : The developer gains more than 7 thousands per month .... in One year >>> It should cover all his costs to ( build up a strong work station to keep his work ) ( hire help if he struggles with other points in his way )....etc.to deliver some work for what he is paid for.
But , nothings happens.

Reactions: thecleveridiot19191

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017

Just A thought.
His pledges declining though. Although how many that transferred to subscribe to his own site outside of Patreon not known. Do remember though, that someone that pledged last year sometime doesn't necessary pledge today. People will start pledge at different times.

I said it a lot of times before, but you do not subscribe to a service, you pledge to support the creator. What you get out of it is highly subjective and different from person to person.

Would be funny if/whenever he release, his patreon's wont share the release so those that doesn't pledge will have to wait a extra month for the free release. :p

Reactions: yandex

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Respected point of view .
But we've a Say in our country " If not there differences in taste.... the goods will be ruined " >>> every one loves something different than the other.
I was just asking to understand the whole picture " why supporters keep their pledge for a whole year?"
Let's look at it in another angle : The developer gains more than 7 thousands per month .... in One year >>> It should cover all his costs to ( build up a strong work station to keep his work ) ( hire help if he struggles with other points in his way )....etc.to deliver some work for what he is paid for.
But , nothings happens.
I don't know about your country, but where I live, income tax is close to 40% so. Don't expect the number you see is what he actually left with. Creators on Patreon would have a hard time hide such revenues away from IRS or whatever your gov tax services called where you live. If they did, and then ended up with an audit, you could be royally screwed.

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
@Joshua Tree You misunderstood me.
Well , let's say you work in a job .but you didn't get paid for a year .Will you even continue after 3 months without your fee ?!!
Sure , I'm supporting the person not the project . but in the same way : " his (This) project is what exactly made me support him" . If if not for the project ...... for the creator himself : am i not expecting to have some services in return of my "SUPPORT".
Would be funny if/whenever he release, his patreon's wont share the release so those that doesn't pledge will have to wait a extra month for the free release.
Actually ... as speaking for myself ... I won't be sad ,On the contrary it'll make happy because :
" The supporters and the creator will have a relationship based on the mutual benefit "
But , I think he wouldn't do it >>> because he'll face the risk of losing new comers not pledged to him
or losing from his own from those who got tired of waiting

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
@Joshua Tree You misunderstood me.
Well , let's say you work in a job .but you didn't get paid for a year .Will you even continue after 3 months without your fee ?!!
Sure , I'm supporting the person not the project . but in the same way : " his (This) project is what exactly made me support him" . If if not for the project ...... for the creator himself : am i not expecting to have some services in return of my "SUPPORT".

Actually ... as speaking for myself ... I won't be sad ,On the contrary it'll make happy because :
" The supporters and the creator will have a relationship based on the mutual benefit "
But , I think he wouldn't do it >>> because he'll face the risk of losing new comers not pledged to him
or losing from his own from those who got tired of waiting
Well, look at how long time some triple A tittles and such take to make. Some games being worked on for many years without any actual release. Some got a kick off through kickstarter and carried by pre-orders etc. The supporters of these games, might wait a VERY long time before you end up with an actual game to play. I backed Wasteland 2 when it kicked off on kickstarter, from there it took quite a while before the game was done. And I had no guarantee it ever would be completed either.

GD's current dev cycle is extreme compared to his earlier ones. And he failed to deliver on deadlines he put. It come down to the individual pledge/supporter to decide when enough is enough, and walk away. I just hope he will release eventually.

Actually I been working on project based jobs in the past, where I could end up work several months before any actual payout was made. So, couldn't really walk away before the "pay off". But in terms of Patreon, I wouldn't pledge to any creator who didn't provide content for a length of time. More like I would pledge, for a couple months based on what they already done, and if expectations not meet I would pull my pledge. But wouldn't keep me from re-pledge later if they release something good again.

Reactions: Fall55
Mar 22, 2018

ohh you care... you're still here

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
ohh you care... you're still here
No. This thread has become funnier and more toxic than "Teachers' pets" ' thread (that's why I'm here).

I still remember when some mods defended that guy denying the obvious, banning people and locking the thread.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: batman666
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes