VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You are not stuck with a single ISP in 2019, unless you are in Murmansk, Yakutsk or Mogadishu. You can get various LTE, 4G and other means of internet service for under $100 a month that offer decent upload speeds.

This is also the case with the other things that I tried to point out earlier; there was never any explanation of why the situation with his uploads was the way he kept it. There was never really any proof of purchase of gear or whatever he did with the money he got from his supporters. Not that posting proof was an obligatory thing, but with his release dynamics, at this point I'd really like an official statement regarding the development process: what gear is he using (video proof, pictures), how many hours of work is he putting into the project a day, what are his rendering settings and why is the rendering of 2400+ 4K images taking such a long time; can he make the process more effective, can he use a cloud-based rendering service and what are the overall plans to make the development cycle faster. Because, with this tempo of releases, we are looking into a decade long project.
My internet is limited to dsl through old copper net, if I want to stay land based. Sure, I can get 4G, but then I get capped hard at data limit, I can use. And if I go above that cap, it cost like an arm and a leg. If his internet service is crappy, then using a rendering farm would be quite a crappy solution too.

I got a few pledges on Patreon, I don't really care if they use the money for bubble gum or toilet paper, or pay for their kids diapers, or what they spend them on. If they say they spend it on x and y, yeah sure, whatever. doesn't really care. And no I don't support GD on patreon, did like a year ago though. If a creator want to be more transparent in what they do and how they do things, sure, good for them, it help build their community. But imho they not required to file time lists and whatever to show us, they are not employee's of any of us.

compaq

Sep 14, 2017
My internet is limited to dsl through old copper net, if I want to stay land based. Sure, I can get 4G, but then I get capped hard at data limit, I can use. And if I go above that cap, it cost like an arm and a leg. If his internet service is crappy, then using a rendering farm would be quite a crappy solution too.
That's you and your case. Notice how you pointed out what your case is. Kyle hasn't said a word about what his situation was or how he could speed up his uploads. He could pay out an arm and a leg because he gets $12k a month. He chooses not to say a word about it or pay up and just get what he can.

I got a few pledges on Patreon, I don't really care if they use the money for bubble gum or toilet paper, or pay for their kids diapers, or what they spend them on. If they say they spend it on x and y, yeah sure, whatever. doesn't really care. And no I don't support GD on patreon, did like a year ago though. If a creator want to be more transparent in what they do and how they do things, sure, good for them, it help build their community. But imho they not required to file time lists and whatever to show us, they are not employee's of any of us.
Again, that's just you and your opinion. You don't care where and how your money is spent and I have no business telling you otherwise. On the other hand, multiple people who had their pledges, myself included, have different opinion about how the trust between the creator and his audience is handled - if the creator breaks his promise, deadline, or just plainly lies about the development stage and the overall progress that he overestimated, I'd like to know where the situation stands so that I can steer away my money from that creator. Which is what I did.

Are you serious?
He does not have a single open message - all just for the money. Why should I pay him to read about his problems?
We were talking about DC.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
That's you and your case. Notice how you pointed out what your case is. Kyle hasn't said a word about what his situation was or how he could speed up his uploads. He could pay out an arm and a leg because he gets $12k a month. He chooses not to say a word about it or pay up and just get what he can.

Again, that's just you and your opinion. You don't care where and how your money is spent and I have no business telling you otherwise. On the other hand, multiple people who had their pledges, myself included, have different opinion about how the trust between the creator and his audience is handled - if the creator breaks his promise, deadline, or just plainly lies about the development stage and the overall progress that he overestimated, I'd like to know where the situation stands so that I can steer away my money from that creator. Which is what I did.

We were talking about DC.
Just saying, I can relate if he got a crappy internet situation. I don't know if he does. You saying he had an abysmal upload speed, made me consider it. Because, regardless of you a creator on patreon or what not, as most modern day people who use internet and so forth, have the urge to get a good internet connection.

Also, GD doesn't get 12k a month, he at less than 8k Now I guess. Also, something no one ever think of, creators on Patreon also need to file income tax from that money. Where I live that would be close to 40%. Still would leave him with a nice penny a month. Although every creator/dev, game publisher etc is just as good as their last game. Just look at how like EA, Activision, Bethseda etc is tanking hard these days. So what they really made yesterday or make today doesn't mean much in the big picture.

Dec 24, 2018
Could you imagine theoretically if he does release part 10, how long it would take for act 2 part 1 to come out lol. Fan of the game but not GumDrop.
At the rate he's going this game won't be completed for at least 4 years. It will take him at least 6 years to develop 1 visual novel yet people still give him money lmao

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

fakerdude

Mar 10, 2018
  • (Coming this week!) RE Poll
  • (Coming this week!) CE Nude Pinup Pack
  • (Coming soon!) Star Wars Episode IX
  • (Coming soon!) Sex Animation Previews
  • (Coming soon!) Halo 8
  • (Coming soon!) CE Content Previews
  • (Coming fairly soon!) Summertime Saga 3
  • (Coming one day) Avatar 7
  • (Coming?) Public Posts & Polls
  • (Com-- why bother?) lol
  • ctrl c + ctrl v
  • Part X Previews!

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
@Joshua Tree I've read I don't know how many pages of this thread, only to have you defend this dev and his methods. "This delay" is not his fault, that "thing" is not his fault, my Aunt's gout is not his fault (though that one may be true).

I've never played this game because I wait a minimum of 2 updates to play ANY game. I joined "The Zone" in September, 2017. I have still not played this game. Not because I'm not paying attention, but because of ONE update in that time.

Short-sighted? Maybe. Judgemental? Again, maybe. 17 months and I still have not played this game due to a simple rule: Two updates (since I joined). Tell me again how that schedule is normal, sustainable, defensible, or even REMOTELY normal (yup, I realize: Redundant much)?

I think you are a shadow account for GumDrop. And I cannot defend the Sugary Overlord.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
@Joshua Tree I've read I don't know how many pages of this thread, only to have you defend this dev and his methods. "This delay" is not his fault, that "thing" is not his fault, my Aunt's gout is not his fault (though that one may be true).

I've never played this game because I wait a minimum of 2 updates to play ANY game. I joined "The Zone" in September, 2017. I have still not played this game. Not because I'm not paying attention, but because of ONE update in that time.

Short-sighted? Maybe. Judgemental? Again, maybe. 17 months and I still have not played this game due to a simple rule: Two updates (since I joined). Tell me again how that schedule is normal, sustainable, defensible, or even REMOTELY normal (yup, I realize: Redundant much)?

I think you are a shadow account for GumDrop. And I cannot defend the Sugary Overlord.
Please find a post of mine that state the delay is not his fault? If you want to bash me for something I said, at least make sure I said it too.

I don't care about his methods, or when he will release if at all. I don't really see give him a verbal beating will speed things up either. Nor attack his patreons to dictate how other people spend their money. There been quite a few absurd conspiracy theories I spoken up against due to doesn't make sense or can be supported by facts.

So if you never played this game because you wait a minimum of 2 updates to play ANY game.. Now, next part (whenever) is part X.... guess how many parts came before that? 9 parts + a prologue.

Agrik

Sep 15, 2018
The game is abandoned!
It is possible that the developer has stalled and does not know what to do next. But he constantly creates a look that the work is in full swing, so that the sponsors do not run away, they probably just forgot that they are paying the author money.
Saw a few games that have been officially abandoned for several years, but some people continue to pay the author. Probably this is the case :)))

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
I just want to start by saying: I like the game! It's one of the first games I played, along with DMD.
I know there are problems with it, just like any game. Maybe too dark (depressing) for some? The characters faces have been injected with anesthesia, hence they have no expressions. The transit between some of the scenes are a bit odd, but Gumdrops was onto something...that's why he garnered the support he did.

The following is just conjecture on my part:
1. Patreon came crashing down on incest content.
2. His game is called "Dual Family". He can always try changing it to DF, but that didn't work for DMD.
3. As of now, there has been no content that breaks Patreon's TOS.
4. The massive influx of support was to get to the content that Patreon has forbidden.
5. I don't remember the exact number, but before he paused development (to get new hardware) his earnings were under $1k I think, he spiked at around 12k a month

So, put yourself in his shoes...
You're making a decent amount of money, perhaps enough to buy a new car, buy some new electronics, pay off a debt or two, hire a hooker to beat you with a cricket bat (insert what you would do here)... you get my point!

Do you risk it by putting out new content?...or do you wait it out, build your own site, release raunchy images to keep the hype going, and financially secure yourself.

Conclusion:
Yes, he's been working on his game, but he will not release it until he feels he's earned enough or the support dies off.
People celebrating that his earnings have dropped to $7k a month... so what? That's still a decent amount. Some developers work there asses off and can't reach that amount (It's not fair to them, but life is never fair.)

Personally, I think in the long run he'll burn too many bridges and lose trust, which is very hard to regain. This update, as massive as it's supposed to be, will disappoint a lot of people. He's probably put too much pressure on himself to deliver as well, which might be leading him to second guess himself and keep pumping out renders to reach "Magnum Opus" status.

But then again, what do I know? I'm just some dude on the internet :geek:

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
I just want to start by saying: I like the game! It's one of the first games I played, along with DMD.
I know there are problems with it, just like any game. Maybe too dark (depressing) for some? The characters faces have been injected with anesthesia, hence they have no expressions. The transit between some of the scenes are a bit odd, but Gumdrops was onto something...that's why he garnered the support he did.

The following is just conjecture on my part:
1. Patreon came crashing down on incest content.
2. His game is called "Dual Family". He can always try changing it to DF, but that didn't work for DMD.
3. As of now, there has been no content that breaks Patreon's TOS.
4. The massive influx of support was to get to the content that Patreon has forbidden.
5. I don't remember the exact number, but before he paused development (to get new hardware) his earnings were under $1k I think, he spiked at around 12k a month

So, put yourself in his shoes...
You're making a decent amount of money, perhaps enough to buy a new car, buy some new electronics, pay off a debt or two, hire a hooker to beat you with a cricket bat (insert what you would do here)... you get my point!

Do you risk it by putting out new content?...or do you wait it out, build your own site, release raunchy images to keep the hype going, and financially secure yourself.

Conclusion:
Yes, he's been working on his game, but he will not release it until he feels he's earned enough or the support dies off.
People celebrating that his earnings have dropped to $7k a month... so what? That's still a decent amount. Some developers work there asses off and can't reach that amount (It's not fair to them, but life is never fair.)

Personally, I think in the long run he'll burn too many bridges and lose trust, which is very hard to regain. This update, as massive as it's supposed to be, will disappoint a lot of people. He's probably put too much pressure on himself to deliver as well, which might be leading him to second guess himself and keep pumping out renders to reach "Magnum Opus" status.

But then again, what do I know? I'm just some dude on the internet :geek:
lol, what ? incest has nothing to do with anything, its simple enough to create a patch. the only reason is pure laziness. why work when idiots will keep paying even if you aren't doing anything.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
@Joshua Tree
Please find a post of mine that state the delay is not his fault? If you want to bash me for something I said, at least make sure I said it too.

I don't care about his methods, or when he will release if at all. I don't really see give him a verbal beating will speed things up either. Nor attack his patreons to dictate how other people spend their money. There been quite a few absurd conspiracy theories I spoken up against due to doesn't make sense or can be supported by facts.

So if you never played this game because you wait a minimum of 2 updates to play ANY game.. Now, next part (whenever) is part X.... guess how many parts came before that? 9 parts + a prologue.
OK. Post 7510: Comparing DF to a AAA game:
"Well, look at how long time some triple A tittles and such take to make. Some games being worked on for many years without any actual release. Some got a kick off through kickstarter and carried by pre-orders etc. The supporters of these games, might wait a VERY long time before you end up with an actual game to play. I backed Wasteland 2 when it kicked off on kickstarter, from there it took quite a while before the game was done. And I had no guarantee it ever would be completed either.

GD's current dev cycle is extreme compared to his earlier ones. And he failed to deliver on deadlines he put. It come down to the individual pledge/supporter to decide when enough is enough, and walk away. I just hope he will release eventually. "

Post 7507: The typical "expectation" argument. Supporting a 'creator' is NOT supporting someone who doesn't release content:
I said it a lot of times before, but you do not subscribe to a service, you pledge to support the creator. What you get out of it is highly subjective and different from person to person.

Would be funny if/whenever he release, his patreon's wont share the release so those that doesn't pledge will have to wait a extra month for the free release. :p

Post 7492: Calling someone a goat lover:
So, I heard you like to visit the barn late at night and have fun with the goats.... You see that is a rumor and fake, but if people say it long enough it will stick, and suddenly you are known as the goatboy. You can criticize him for breaking his word and dead lines and whatever else he done. But once you start accuse someone of things you have no evidence for it can pick up traction. Accusing him of running bots in discord, pumping up his own patreon numbers and so forth (and if you believe that, contact Patreon and have them investigate it). Accusations and facts is two different things.

And if none of this is accusations, I still see the possibility for you have fun in the barn with the goats... just an idea anyways. See? We already had a mod swing a wrecking ball at the thread, no need to escalate it to happen again.

I could go on, but that's just 3 of your last 5 posts. Unlike some people on this site I can use the search function...

I'm not going on. You support this developer's process, even if it is somewhat backhanded. Defending his internet connection, methods, what his taxes may be, or anything of the sort (search @Joshua Tree posts in this thread alone, F95'ers), is defending this "creator", and is exactly what I was talking about: Defending his lack of production or content for no discernible reason.

I ask again: Are you a shadow account for GumDrop Games? AKA: The Sugary Overlord?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
@Joshua Tree

OK. Post 7510: Comparing DF to a AAA game:
"Well, look at how long time some triple A tittles and such take to make. Some games being worked on for many years without any actual release. Some got a kick off through kickstarter and carried by pre-orders etc. The supporters of these games, might wait a VERY long time before you end up with an actual game to play. I backed Wasteland 2 when it kicked off on kickstarter, from there it took quite a while before the game was done. And I had no guarantee it ever would be completed either.

GD's current dev cycle is extreme compared to his earlier ones. And he failed to deliver on deadlines he put. It come down to the individual pledge/supporter to decide when enough is enough, and walk away. I just hope he will release eventually. "

Post 7507: The typical "expectation" argument. Supporting a 'creator' is NOT supporting someone who doesn't release content:
I said it a lot of times before, but you do not subscribe to a service, you pledge to support the creator. What you get out of it is highly subjective and different from person to person.

Would be funny if/whenever he release, his patreon's wont share the release so those that doesn't pledge will have to wait a extra month for the free release. :p

Post 7492: Calling someone a goat lover:
So, I heard you like to visit the barn late at night and have fun with the goats.... You see that is a rumor and fake, but if people say it long enough it will stick, and suddenly you are known as the goatboy. You can criticize him for breaking his word and dead lines and whatever else he done. But once you start accuse someone of things you have no evidence for it can pick up traction. Accusing him of running bots in discord, pumping up his own patreon numbers and so forth (and if you believe that, contact Patreon and have them investigate it). Accusations and facts is two different things.

And if none of this is accusations, I still see the possibility for you have fun in the barn with the goats... just an idea anyways. See? We already had a mod swing a wrecking ball at the thread, no need to escalate it to happen again.

I could go on, but that's just 3 of your last 5 posts. Unlike some people on this site I can use the search function...

I'm not going on. You support this developer's process, even if it is somewhat backhanded. Defending his internet connection, methods, what his taxes may be, or anything of the sort (search @Joshua Tree posts in this thread alone, F95'ers), is defending this "creator", and is exactly what I was talking about: Defending his lack of production or content for no discernible reason.

I ask again: Are you a shadow account for GumDrop Games? AKA: The Sugary Overlord?
And yet again? Where does it say "the delay is not his fault?" Which I never said and you did accuse me of.

On patreon you support the creator, you don't buy or subscribe to a service, right? Read the fckn'n pateron, rules, and tell me I'm wrong?

It's highly individual and subjective why someone support a creator on Patreon right? And when they decide enough is enough and walk away from their pledge right?

It's nice you quoted me on his flaw of extreme dev cycle and he failed to deliver on deadlines. Thats actual critic of him failing to deliver right?

I never compared DF to a triple A game. Wasteland 2 was never a triple A game, and yet again you take things out of context. It was about sometimes you support or buy into something with no guarantee you actually get something back. If someone want to spend their money in the hope of one day get something back for it, that is their choice to do so right?

If you spread a rumor about someone, and it hold no ground in reality it end up to late to say "Oh it was just speculations" afterwards because rumors tend to stick. If you want to criticize someone its better to stick to actual facts no? So if I start spread a rumor about you being a "GOAT LOVER", that is a rumor that hold no merit and false right? Does your reading comprehension fail so badly you can't follow a thread and what context something posted in? I even said people should contact Patreon if they had some incriminating evidence against him.

You grown up yet to hold a job? Do you pay income tax? That is a fact of life, "all creators on patreon" have to deal with. So when you say someone make X and Y, you should account for it. Don't stare yourself blind on a number. That is an actual fact no?

Someone else brought up he had a crappy upload speed. Which I never commented on before he brought it up. I have a less than desired connection speed, and its not necessary something you can throw money on to fix right? Try live in some rural place and tell me I'm wrong.

Are you the same puppet that keep accuse me of being RAinces the creator of Bad Bobby Saga too?

Sorry for not follow the "mob" with pitchforks and torches trying to chase down GD (or any other creator) like he some sort of Frankenstein's monster. There is no merit in verbal assault someone or spread false rumors. If you want to criticize someone at least stay to actual facts. Such in the case of GD; He "FAILED" to deliver on his own dead lines. See? there is an actual fact, and critic.

Reactions: RockN'Stomper

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
I think this was the first game I downloaded from this site and i liked it quite a bit. Liked the sister in law and how broken she looked, liked the perverted aunt and mom. Looking often here to see how the developer lies about releases. Played the Christmas episode and realized that the game is not that good as i initially thought. The MC is talking to himself most of the game saying same things with different words, like politicians do, talking a lot but saying nothing, just for the sake of content.

Now after dozens of good games that i played on this site from Dreams of Desire, Acting lessons, Melody, Milfy City, Being a dik ( the last one i played and was amazed at how quality it is, no retarded mc that talks to himself half of the game, but full of actual dialogues, and other content), have to say that there are sooooo many better games than this on the site and that you should just let go of this one and play them, they are better in every aspect.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I think this was the first game I downloaded from this site and i liked it quite a bit. Liked the sister in law and how broken she looked, liked the perverted aunt and mom. Looking often here to see how the developer lies about releases. Played the Christmas episode and realized that the game is not that good as i initially thought. The MC is talking to himself most of the game saying same things with different words, like politicians do, talking a lot but saying nothing, just for the sake of content.

Now after dozens of good games that i played on this site from Dreams of Desire, Acting lessons, Melody, Milfy City, Being a dik ( the last one i played and was amazed at how quality it is, no retarded mc that talks to himself half of the game, but full of actual dialogues, and other content), have to say that there are sooooo many better games than this on the site and that you should just let go of this one and play them, they are better in every aspect.
You sure you talking about the same game bro? The MC doesn't have a sister in law, and the mother doesn't come across like perverted, more broken. The games you mentioned are all good for different reasons. Just as some think DF is good as well. "Areas of Gray" and "The Cabin" peaked my interest lately, but doesn't necessary appeal to everyone. You are right though, people to hung up with DF, there is plenty of games out there to play and follow. If we ever get the next episode of DF, well great, if not, that's just how the cookie crumbles. Not any more disaster than what Dark Silver did with Big Brother.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
I love this dev. Hes the reason no one trusts adult game devs anymore. My wife is still clinging to hope on this and is aparently repledging because he promised her it would be out by end of april. Honestly is anything this guy says actually true? I am on my final scenes they will be done by december. Coding will be done by end of january and update will be out. Still waiting for the update and he is still making false promises. I think we have passed the sites rules on how long before a games listed as abandoned. List it as abandoned and im sure someone will do a fan remake or continuation.
Also please try to keep things civil this thread is pure toxic now. I mainly come here for the comments entertainment and to watch the staff ban people lol

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I love this dev. Hes the reason no one trusts adult game devs anymore. My wife is still clinging to hope on this and is aparently repledging because he promised her it would be out by end of april. Honestly is anything this guy says actually true? I am on my final scenes they will be done by december. Coding will be done by end of january and update will be out. Still waiting for the update and he is still making false promises. I think we have passed the sites rules on how long before a games listed as abandoned. List it as abandoned and im sure someone will do a fan remake or continuation.
Also please try to keep things civil this thread is pure toxic now. I mainly come here for the comments entertainment and to watch the staff ban people lol
Well, you know, that Christmas special delayed the release of the main game. Those 3 weeks definitely add up to months of delay from his original promised date.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes