VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

compaq

Sep 14, 2017
It suddenly got cold yesterday, so a wool scarf schematic would be delightful. Might just do the knitting and wrap myself up in it while I write a JoshuaTreeBot.py that automatically quotes Patreon guidelines to user submitted posts, because, apparently, that's what you do in this thread. I don't really care about the official Patreon rules and guidelines; they have moved away from any responsibility and knocking on their door for any rules and regulations about scamming practices leads to nowhere - same outcome as contacting the author via his means of contact.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
It suddenly got cold yesterday, so a wool scarf schematic would be delightful. Might just do the knitting and wrap myself up in it while I write a JoshuaTreeBot.py that automatically quotes Patreon guidelines to user submitted posts, because, apparently, that's what you do in this thread. I don't really care about the official Patreon rules and guidelines; they have moved away from any responsibility and knocking on their door for any rules and regulations about scamming practices leads to nowhere - same outcome as contacting the author via his means of contact.
Then what good does it hamper about it here? When you don't care, and have no interest in bring your grievance forward to those that can do anything about it? If they got a charter that say X and Y, and while ignore it, it doesn't change the fact. Whether Patreon is a bad platform when it come to hold hold creators accountable for their promises that is another tale, and something that would be very hard for Patreon to police. Only the users can police that, and it come in the form of close the door to a creator when you feel they no longer provide what you wanted out of it.

Lecastel

Aug 15, 2018
seriously why the heck patreon allowing this bullshit happens over and over,they should ban this dev on patreon,cant really explain how this dev continue to scam patrons,and patreon doesnt act?its totally ridiculous.

Reactions: satoshi36

Lordmantill

Jun 30, 2018
seriously why the heck patreon allowing this bullshit happens over and over,they should ban this dev on patreon,cant really explain how this dev continue to scam patrons,and patreon doesnt act?its totally ridiculous.
Omg do u not understand?? It's on the damn patreons to delete their pledge now if they don't wanna delete it's on them not you guys
I really don't understand why you guys worried about someone's money and their way of spending it

Lecastel

Aug 15, 2018
Omg do u not understand?? It's on the damn patreons to delete their pledge now if they don't wanna delete it's on them not you guys
I really don't understand why you guys worried about someone's money and their way of spending it
nope i dont understand,patreon should have a governing body to inspect these things,its not the patrons,they are hook up to the game yes,but its not right to be fooled by this dev.

Lordmantill

Jun 30, 2018
Should government start governing apple cuz they r ripping people off by making shit phones but charging higher prices compared to other phones?
nope i dont understand,patreon should have a governing body to inspect these things,its not the patrons,they are hook up to the game yes,but its not right to be fooled by this dev.

Reactions: yandex

SyddSparty

May 13, 2018
Why would patreon do anything about it? I believe they get a % cut from the income right? To them anything he earns is income for patreon as well, its unlikely they'll care about a niche category in their revenue unless it spirals out of control and there's a public outcry to stop such things. Taking EA's example with lootboxes in star wars, you think they'd have stopped if there wasn't an outcry? They even tried to keep it going despite disney stepping into the picture, its all about the money. As long as I have numbers increasing in my bank account, why the hell would I care about ethics? - is what I assume the patreon logic is. And I am certain I'm right, the whole incest thing being shut down was specifically because it makes patreon look bad with other folks patreon deals with. Otherwise they wouldn't care.

Back on topic, it really annoys me that he is milking folks, as someone mentioned he's likely using this project to launder money. Regardless that daughter was damn attractive, quite a shame there's practically 0 development. Glad there are like 20,343,986 other games of the similar kind I can spend time on.

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
If he's laundering money then that would mean he's taking money he wouldn't legally be allowed to spend (b/c of some criminal origin) and running it through patreon to make it appear legit. If thats the case he isn't milking anyone the money going in would be his own or some other criminal that needs to get the money clean. Of all the theories of GumDrops criminal behavior i'd rank money laundering at the bottom.

Reactions: Tyrantnyx

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
i agree no point going on about patreons rules as they dont give a damn while ever they are earning their cut and arent under pressure to make changes, such as the whole incest backlash a while back.

Anyone who was a patreon and feels disgruntled then just learn your lessons, only support devs with actual integrity, such as pay per update ones or established ones who have a track record of releasing on time and being honest. Its clear Gumdrop isnt either of these.

As for the white knights (the discord minions included no doubt, Hi Abby which ever one you are) constantly having a go at people for slagging off Gumdrop, well if people want to warn off other potential customers of his then they have every right to do so, he has lied repeatedly, he has missed deadlines repeatedly, he has failed to live up to his patreon target goals and pre tax the guy has earned well over $100k and all we have to show for it are a few renders and a christmas update, these are facts and everyone is entitled to point these out. Until he releases a sizeable and quality filled update then there is very little to counter with.

You have every right to argue his corner if you so wish but all it is doing is extending the argument and giving it even more attention rather than letting this thread die in a corner somewhere

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
Who's ready for the topic of this thread to shift from hating the lack of update to hating the update!

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Who's ready for the topic of this thread to shift from hating the lack of update to hating the update!
At this stage I think it doesn't matter how big or good the update would be. GD could pull off a masterstroke and still get hate for it.

Lordmantill

Jun 30, 2018
Why would patreon do anything about it? I believe they get a % cut from the income right? To them anything he earns is income for patreon as well, its unlikely they'll care about a niche category in their revenue unless it spirals out of control and there's a public outcry to stop such things. Taking EA's example with lootboxes in star wars, you think they'd have stopped if there wasn't an outcry? They even tried to keep it going despite disney stepping into the picture, its all about the money. As long as I have numbers increasing in my bank account, why the hell would I care about ethics? - is what I assume the patreon logic is. And I am certain I'm right, the whole incest thing being shut down was specifically because it makes patreon look bad with other folks patreon deals with. Otherwise they wouldn't care.

Back on topic, it really annoys me that he is milking folks, as someone mentioned he's likely using this project to launder money. Regardless that daughter was damn attractive, quite a shame there's practically 0 development. Glad there are like 20,343,986 other games of the similar kind I can spend time on.
What do u mean by 0 development?

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
So...another tracker with post-work incoming? How may thousands of images does he have to post-work? How many more months will it take? I know this is supposed to be like... good news, but...I've got a funny feeling we're still a long way off from seeing the update.

Gumdrop is a master at keeping his followers on a hook!

Reactions: J0K3RXXX

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
Because Patreon gets a cut of that. Not to defend a big corporation, because I could give a shit about them, but what's difficult to understand? Patreon takes a cut of gumdrops monthly haul, regardless of whether or not he releases something. Patreon doesn't give a shit about you, as long as you keep paying, they are disincentivized to care. If patrons are willing to give money in exchange for nothing, that's on the patrons, not patreon.

Gumdrop sucks, and I won't ever give him money, but don't get mad at him for exploiting a system, where a bunch of marks give him money just to pretend he's working on something. And don't get mad at patreon for taking money from people willingly giving it to them each month. Be mad at his patrons who apparently have enough money that they can piss it away each month without concern as to whether or not it is being used in good faith.

SyddSparty

May 13, 2018
If he's laundering money then that would mean he's taking money he wouldn't legally be allowed to spend (b/c of some criminal origin) and running it through patreon to make it appear legit. If thats the case he isn't milking anyone the money going in would be his own or some other criminal that needs to get the money clean. Of all the theories of GumDrops criminal behavior i'd rank money laundering at the bottom.
Its not my theory, the laundering, its just something one of the users on here came up with because of the fact that his excuses and constant breach of promises has lead to no bleeding of patreons. If anything they have increased. How can you possibly explain an increase in fans without any content being released?

You might argue, Oh no Sydd.. Check his patreon, he's bleeding patrons now. Well.. no, they're being transferred to his website that he made. Which implies that folks are actively supporting him still, but.. why? I can understand some being swayed by his patreon posts that he uploads from time to time, but since there are a very small proportion of people that are actually inquiring about his lack of updates, its safe to assume that the large amount of money he's earning isn't coming by patrons but by GD himself.

This whole thing could be wrong but it somehow makes sense to me and I may be biased because its a lot more interesting that way. I don't know. *shrugs*

@Lordmantill I meant the lack of updates for the game, apologies for being unclear.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes