VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Lika

Jun 3, 2017
Still no one sharing the " " post? I guess I might be the one to step up and pay 1$ for it then.
I did man, then unsubscribed immediately. Now unfortunately the post is closed to me.
There he apologizes for not have released the game and said that 2 of the animation is not ready. And that if you dont want to wait, then you can unsubscribe and not to pay, and start to pay, when the game will out. And he will not write when the game will out, couse he dont wanna miss the deadline again. That's it.

You will not miss deadline, if u dont have one.
1568844748579.png

Mar 22, 2018
I did man, then unsubscribed immediately. Now unfortunately the post is closed to me.
There he apologizes for not have released the game and said that 2 of the animation is not ready. And that if you dont want to wait, then you can unsubscribe and not to pay, and start to pay, when the game will out. And he will not write when the game will out, couse he dont wanna miss the deadline again. That's it.

View attachment 404636
So... christmans then? 2020? Now Act2... we will have to wait what... 2 years again?

DarkLoki

Oct 25, 2018

View attachment 404636
Thanx for the 411

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017

View attachment 404636
Thanks man. Sad to hear. Imo he should have added the animations at a later version for people to go back and experience. And if the animator started with the more important scenes first anyway then it would still be worth it. 2 years without an update because of animations seems like a very silly excuse.

Mar 22, 2018
Who is the best?
Thanks man. Sad to hear. Imo he should have added the animations at a later version for people to go back and experience. And if the animator started with the more important scenes first anyway then it would still be worth it. 2 years without an update because of animations seems like a very silly excuse.
Dual family vs James Cameron Avatar

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Yea the animation most likely are done and now he is milking a bit more or they just started doing the animations now, cause let be honest 1.5 years and they delayed cause of 2 animations i think its a huge BS they had more then enough time. Lets see now how far is the patreons gonna keep giving money to this guy (1.5 years giving money not having nothing back i feel sorry cause that money could be better invested but not my money).

Reactions: innerjay

compaq

Sep 14, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just saw this post a few pages earlier and remembered this bull**** at the time. I'd really like to see the total OctaneBench score of those machines, along with some office pictures, too bad it ain't happening.
A rendering farm will go through 10 minutes of 60p animation in about 6 hours or less, for a total of around $300 or less, fyi. This guy is progressively lying as the dev cycle goes on. If he does release this sh*t, I doubt there will be a next chapter coming into existence. I did pledge for a while during the early episodes and regret giving every cent of it.

Dec 24, 2018
Because it's all lies, just like everything else he says. The likely reality is that he spent the last year and a half barely working on the game (if at all) and that the update probably isn't even close to being finished. Gumdrop blames it on the animations so he can shift blame from himself and save face with his supporters. He wants to make it sound like everything else is done and he's just waiting on 2 animations for the update to come out so that his supporters will keep thinking that the update is just around the corner and they'll keep their pledges going. The people that give him money are literally insane to still believe this guy.

This game, a simple VN, has been in development for over 2 and a half years and it still hasn't even seen 10 updates in that time, I don't understand how any of his supporters can think that the time it's taking him to develop this game is legitimate and not just Gumdrop purposefully taking as long as he can so he can make more money. It really is crazy people still give him money.

ODDDDDDDDDDy

May 21, 2018

View attachment 404636
People were expecting the update this month and he basically just baited them into paying him in exchange for nothing. And instead of giving the update for free to those who subbed to him this month, he's telling them to unsub and pay him AGAIN when it does finally release. This guy man :LOL:

Jan 9, 2019
:ROFLMAO: at Joshua Tree talking alone as he keeps spamming. Finally, ignore that dude.

So Part X will be a standalone version in Steam because its a "big one"...

"The steam version includes the first 18 chapters (split between both campaigns) of Dual Family as a stand alone release; Part X, the finale for Act I will be released as a separate, stand alone installment (it's a big one) after it's already launched on my site. Many of the earlier installments in the story are far shorter than those found later, the most recent being the longest yet. The complete story (three acts!) will be added to steam as development continues, each act being released as its own game."
So this guy will now try to scam steam users too :LOL:

The "each act being released as its own game" is further confirmation that this is a scam, this is bullshit marketing targeting people who don't know this guy's history.

Why? let's assume he was telling the truth about the latest bullshit excuse about the "animator" being the problem. How could you then explain that he won't synchronize the "imminent" Part X release with the Steam release so at least he is truthful about "each act being released as its own game".

Put yourself in his shoes, and even assume he is just "milking" as opposed to having no work done: what would you rather do? release the supposed massive release with the initial Steam release (the most important release in an episodic game) and make a great first impression on naive Steam users so they fund your crap, or would you rather leave a terrible first impression with a game that looks like an acid-induced groundhog day with no plot, no content, no gameplay, no purpose? any rational actor would choose the first provided he/she had work done. In reality this guy is a scammer, as I have detailed in my previous post. He has nothing.

If you go back a few hundreds of pages on this thread you will find plenty of even skeptics on this site claiming that he is just "milking", that he is just withholding work already finished. This is an embarrassing denial of reality: this guy has given virtually NO PROOF WHATSOEVER of ANY work done. Literally 127 renders in 1.5 years, counting all pinups, previews, animations. All without background assets or very zoomed-in so they are trivial to render. A random dev on this site renders as many in 1 month, with background assets and while writing dialogue on top of it.

To top it all off the "animator" is a random dude he commissions every now and then, because this scammer can't even learn to animate stuff after 2 years, and won't hire anyone, contrary to the dumb shit people on this very same thread kept repeating about him having several employees. He is just commissioning stuff for a few bucks, as he transitions from doing some shitty renders every few months to straight up stealing money from fools, and paying some dude to make an animation to convince those very same fools that he is doing work. Not only is he a scammer, he is a lazy one.

The moment he claimed to have 10 GPUs while refusing to show evidence of it (something extremely easy and quick to do) is the moment people should have seen through all the lies. There are no excuses anymore.

So please, if you think this guy is lying (and you should), stop claiming that he is just "milking", he most definitely isn't. He has done no work for 1.5 years, he is a scammer, which is far more serious.

Last edited:

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
I dont know how much it will matter in the end but i'd also like to point out that doing a dual story was probably a mistake as it double update times. Maybe he should have done mom-son then dad-daughter (or vice versa) only after finishing the former.

Jeancul

Mar 17, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just saw this post a few pages earlier and remembered this bull**** at the time. I'd really like to see the total OctaneBench score of those machines, along with some office pictures, too bad it ain't happening.
A rendering farm will go through 10 minutes of 60p animation in about 6 hours or less, for a total of around $300 or less, fyi. This guy is progressively lying as the dev cycle goes on. If he does release this sh*t, I doubt there will be a next chapter coming into existence. I did pledge for a while during the early episodes and regret giving every cent of it.
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Gumdrop ?
Nop
Joseph Goebbels.

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
I dont know how much it will matter in the end but i'd also like to point out that doing a dual story was probably a mistake as it double update times. Maybe he should have done mom-son then dad-daughter (or vice versa) only after finishing the former.
Yeah but then we'd have a Luxee situation where he alternates which update comes out and then one side of the audience would be pissed off every 1st or 2nd update. Polling it doesn't help either as we saw with Luxee who went against the poll which he lost half his community over

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
That's because it isn't an animation issue, it's a fatass wasting his time issue, and if he releases what he has now the community will revolt

Dec 24, 2018
People were expecting the update this month and he basically just baited them into paying him in exchange for nothing. And instead of giving the update for free to those who subbed to him this month, he's telling them to unsub and pay him AGAIN when it does finally release. This guy man :LOL:
It's mind games. He knows he has a reputation as a scammer, milker, etc. So now he's always saying feel free to unsub in his updates so his supporters will think he doesn't care about money. He's just trying to make it sound like he's legitimate and not taking advantage of his patrons, and his supporters believe him for god knows why and keep their pledges going.

Last edited:

Gildan

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2017
Yeah but then we'd have a Luxee situation where he alternates which update comes out and then one side of the audience would be pissed off every 1st or 2nd update. Polling it doesn't help either as we saw with Luxee who went against the poll which he lost half his community over
No i'm saying no alternate updates and no side by side updates either. Finish the entire mom and son story as 1 game and the daught-father as a seperate game. So then supports can get double the update speed and only pay for the one they want (if they dislike one of the two routes).

But anyway as others pointed out, it probably wouldnt matter if he's purposefully going slowly. Again we know he could have released without animations just to quench subs while patching the anims later for those who would pay for them.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes