VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Is he pausing his subscription?
Fuck noo !! Why would he do that if he can fill his piggy bank with easy money.:WeSmart:At this rate we'll see Scamdrop living in a "humble" mansion with a garage full of sports cars and lots of bitches around him so he can reap the benefits of his "hard" work.

it is their money and they can do whatever they want. Having said that, can anyone explain me the rationale of still giving money to this guy? cause at some point I can no longer justify it, with so many great developers getting very little support.
My man, that's the first question I'd like to address to aliens if they ever give a public interview.:LOL: Maybe one of them is smart enough to figure it out cause that shit is waay beyond human intellect. Logic got fucked in the ass really deep and hard in this situation. Maybe even gangbanged.:LOL:

But trolling aside, people won't stop supporting this milker and as long as the money comes he won't release an update. EVER. ICSTOR is following his example. Imagine a hard working dev that's working his ass off to release updates for a shit amount of money who finds Gumdrop's patreon page ... instant WTF followed by a hard facepalm. Thug life bruh. At least Aorrta makes an effort to better himself as a dev and released a pretty decent Reloaded version of his game. But Scamdrop won't ever release an update worth shit. Finishing the game is a good joke for stand-up comedy.:sneaky:

Love and Submission's dev is back in business and he also released a very interesting update ... LaS is a really promising game with lots of potential. Compared to that Dual family is shit. But Cumdrop makes more money so fuck logic, again. I know each person spends his own money how he want but wasting it on Gumdrop's empty promises for 1-2 years is like constantly slapping yourself in the face. My two cents pledge for Gumdrop.:KEK:

Grizzzzly

Dec 27, 2017
Part of the reason this discussion is still alive, because folks have a need to watch it and hopefully see some form of consequences for Gumdrop. Continued Patreon support encourages bad behavior, and reflects poorly on other DEVs, gamers, pervs or whatever. I, every few months check out Graphetron and shake my head. Personally I would like him to wake up one day, dive into it, finish the game, because I did enjoy it...3 years ago or something like that.

I seriously doubt that will ever happen. So its like watching a train wreck...can't look away. Mostly its casually watching and hoping sometime in the future, karma, or 700 patreons wake up and cut him off.

A desire for Justice is why I still watch...but like most shit in this world, Justice is blind as fuck.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
So this guy is basically a thief yea?
It's not so simple. He doesn't violate any of Patreon's guidelines. Patreon does not guarantee any goods or services for your pledge, only what the creator provides at a given support level.
why are people still subbed to him?
Beats me, beats everyone. My best guess is that people are clinging to a hope that gumdrop will eventually turn around and finish his game, so they're just throwing money at him hoping this will persuade him to not drop the project.
its been years without any updates just let it die and this asshole go broke.
Sure, but that would require that all his 700+ patrons wake up one day and realize it doesn't make any sense to give gumdrop even more money.

That's especially valid now since he specifically said that anyone who pledged any amount between part IX release and eventual part X release will receive a copy of part X without giving any more money.
YES, he SHOULD HAVE suspended his Patreon campaign and stopped taking money from people, but nobody can make him do it. He should have refunded all pledges made in May because—if he's sincere—he knew full well on April 23rd that he's not going to make it before May 23rd.
So right now it's a peculiar situation. He's taking money from people even though he already told them they don't need to pay to get access to his game when he releases it.

Ethically? Vile scum. But legally? He's clear. Shucks, if you look at the institution of patronage in the past, he's doing exactly the thing that creators supported by patrons used to do.

Reactions: titan020

Flipper Roo

Oct 3, 2019
glad to see the hate train is still going strong, here once again to get some licks in!

it's kinda crazy how in the time it has taken/ will take for this dev to release this ONE SINGLE update, other devs have finished their games, moved on to thier second game (some their third), or reworked, remastered, or completely rebuilt their games.

how do people still doubt this man is a con artist? :unsure:

Tenmocho

Feb 7, 2018
glad to see the hate train is still going strong, here once again to get some licks in!

it's kinda crazy how in the time it has taken/ will take for this dev to release this ONE SINGLE update, other devs have finished their games, moved on to thier second game (some their third), or reworked, remastered, or completely rebuilt their games.

i believe the term is fanboy lmfao imagine being a fanboy of this shit if the update DOES come out that shit better come out of my screen and actually do something

Reactions: Mr. Pickle

Mr. Pickle

Jun 19, 2020

i believe the term is fanboy lmfao imagine being a fanboy of this shit if the update DOES come out that shit better come out of my screen and actually do something
This Dev in unbelievable, he is just shiting on his patrons over and over again.

Reactions: Big Head

melvin432

Aug 20, 2019
you know if someone just started continuing this game on their own but tweaked it enough that he couldn't sue then or anything like that they'd make a ton of money, he is not really a special or expectional writer that requires him to do it for people to play it and the clear demand for this is obvious from this fanbase alone

Tenmocho

Feb 7, 2018
Then its not a scam and he's actually working.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes