VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
sometimes i dont mind a good story ...for the most part i hit the skip button (i use UnRen-dev.bat)
if i wanna read ill open a book

madman11122

Aug 15, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. Regardless, whatever comes out won't be able to live up to 2+ year wait. Scumdrop is the worst and I pity the people who have supported him all this time.

Reactions: fz

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I'll believe it when I see it. Regardless, whatever comes out won't be able to live up to 2+ year wait. Scumdrop is the worst and I pity the people who have supported him all this time.
I would think of it more as an abandoned game that's being resumed. Assuming it happens. From that perspective it's a positive. Though I've never given any money.

May 7, 2017
I would think of it more as an abandoned game that's being resumed. Assuming it happens. From that perspective, it's a positive. Though I've never given any money.
Are this really positive news? You only need to go back and check the past behaviour of the Dev to see that this looks like a rinse-and-repeat procedure for him.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Throughout all these 2 years, 4 months and 6 days (859 Days total) of waiting, he hasn't paused his Patreon and only recently started acknowledging his past Pledges/Patrons existence by granting them a 1-month-free-membership to his personal website (How magnanimous and thoughtful of GumDrop to do so, isn't it? :HideThePain:), just to maintain amicable appearances to the public's eye.

By the way, he has gone radio-silent once again since the 12th of July.

Last edited:

sob

Apr 3, 2017
The image in his website says explicitly summer 2020. We will see what happens.
You have no idea... Summer 2020 is the release of the trailer of the announcement. The announcement is scheduled 2021 and we'll get some pinups until the final announcement in 2022.

I'm guessing he's going for full compatibility with PlayStation 6. It's likely to be out in 2027 and as we know Gumdrop is a perfectionist he'll probably want to check his release for bugs first so that will take another year so it's safe to say 2028 is the release date.

Mar 22, 2018
You have no idea... Summer 2020 is the release of the trailer of the announcement. The announcement is scheduled 2021 and we'll get some pinups until the final announcement in 2022.

I'm guessing he's going for full compatibility with PlayStation 6. It's likely to be out in 2027 and as we know Gumdrop is a perfectionist he'll probably want to check his release for bugs first so that will take another year so it's safe to say 2028 is the release date.
We already have pinups of part x... a lot of then. So unless Gumdrop want to send us photo novel... no... or is 2028 or 2020.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Aren't those pinups recycled (reposed, or just cropped) content from old releases, including the Last Christmas extra?

Dec 24, 2018
sometimes i dont mind a good story ...for the most part i hit the skip button (i use UnRen-dev.bat)
if i wanna read ill open a book
I don't mind a good story either, it's just that the majority of developers here confuse a good story with a lot of text and you end up getting a bad and boring story with a lot of text that's just a chore to read through when all you want to do is fap so you end up skipping and skimming.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
Who said anything about it being AD? We could go by the Muslim calendar (then we have to wait another 550+ years).

Or he could go by the Jewish calendar, and he is waiting for a time travel machine to be invented so that he can travel back to roughly 1750 BC and release the game. Pity there will be no devices then to actually play the thing on, but hey, a promise is a promise.

It could even have been a stardate, and then well, good luck figuring out where it will be released.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Can you share with us?
According to Discord it seems to still be the same release date. Pushing "summer" to the limit so late September.

Alongside excuses about focusing on personal life earlier this year. That doesn't explain the prior 2.

Also info about the free subs which he keeps saying the claims are being improperly submitted. Thing is though couldn't he just auto assign people free subs? He knows who fits the criteria. He could also just correct the applications himself. Sounds like he's either making excuses for rejecting submissions or just drawing it out to pretend it's taking up his time.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes