VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Dante696969

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
Haven't visited this thread in a couple of years. So to summarize, the real dev sold this game (explains why the game feels different from before) which explains why story wise it fell off a hill. How unfournate this game really had the potential to be the best especially with the sample animations. Too bad the game development was not sold to a competent dev.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
the real dev sold this game
That's onr working theory that assumes the original Kyle was trustworthy and would have completed the game but due to Patreon suspending his account twice, fell into debt and needed to sell the title PDQ.

With the amount of fuckups in this development hell, it's hard to find a coherent explanation. Selling the title would explain some things, but it fails to account for others. Continuous ownership by the same person explains those other things but fail to account for some.

Notably, if the game was sold, the new owner would want to recoup the cost by doing minimal effort to keep patrons happy. But ultimately, it's not smart to shed patrons so much, so development should have been more steady, even with minimal effort.

If the game wasn't sold, it's the original dev fucking with the patrons to milk the game for all its worth. One thing it fails to account for is setting up a whole website apart from Patreon, keeping it running and setting up billing through CCBill. It's not that hard, but it's certainly some effort that goes beyond 'minimal.

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
my money is on og dev fucking patreons all the way.
I would just look at any dev with the name "drop" in it, maybe they have an aversion to a certain kink in the new game that people have requested that carries over from the same type issue in this title, maybe the tinfoil is wrapped a bit too tight but to me coincidence is hardly what it appears.

Vargravn

Nov 17, 2021
From the beginning the Father and Sons faces were hidden or out of focus. One reason is to be our own characters in the story. But is it possible that two dont see eye to eye anymore given the situation?

Reactions: Babiba

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
From the beginning the Father and Sons faces were hidden or out of focus. One reason is to be our own characters in the story. But is it possible that two dont see eye to eye anymore given the situation?
Um, yeah. That's a major part of the whole plot of the concept of this thing since day one.

Piyush1481481

Mar 26, 2023
Um, yeah. That's a major part of the whole plot of the concept of this thing since day one.
Based on your previous replies you said that it doesn't have any sex, okay. Does it atleast have teasing scenes? Like kissing, groping?
I just have to waste my time and internet for some hours.
The review below says it has some teasing content in son's path
Screenshot_2023-10-06-19-59-23-63.png

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Based on your previous replies you said that it doesn't have any sex, okay. Does it atleast have teasing scenes? Like kissing, groping?
The review below says it has some teasing content in son's path
View attachment 2984947
I said the mother and the daughter never have sex in this. What is listed in your screengrab looks about right but sounds a lot more teasing than the actual experience really is.

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
Seriously friend that's basically what you will be doing. We all know it, and you probably know it too, and yet here we are. There are so many games, way more updated, that make way more sense, with so much more content and updates actually worth viewing. They're on every page in the search directory. Truly there are only so many ways you can scream "RUN BAMBI RUN" when you just have to say, sorry Bambi. Venison for the freezer.

Oh and BTW, 65 pages to go!
1853902_0c4.gif

Last edited:

athreusclouds

Oct 8, 2023
I'm very sad. I “fell in love” in this game so much that I am now very upset. When I started playing it i knew it wasn't finished, but I thought it had a lots and lots of content. I thought that this game was simply divided into acts. Like Act 2 - Pool, Lesperienza, Dollhouse, Waweform. I thought it would be a new stories not related to each other, but telling about new events in the lives of the characters from Act 1. For example, about studying in college and such... How wrong I was :(
The premonition of trouble came immediately after all this brain-breaking nonsense that began immediately after the dance with mom. Damn, I read all these in game texts, was thinking about the consequences of the choices I make in future events of the game. I wanted to make the main character’s mother happy. But in the end they just pissed on my face, like a bioware with its endings in Mass Effect 3. In which the choices you made were simply ignored or not taken into account. The best example of this is Karen and the girl who was brutaly forced on you as a date for the school dance. Even after you rejected her and didn’t even want to be (sleep) with her. I even reached the maximum value in platonic relationships with mom of main hero and in theory should have moved on to the next romantic level of intimacy, but this developer just messed up everything... This is a complete disaster :(

Last edited:
Reactions: JiraiyaThePervySage

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm very sad. I “fell in love” in this game so much that I am now very upset. When I started playing it i knew it wasn't finished, but I thought it had a lots and lots of content. I thought that this game was simply divided into acts. Like Act 2 - Pool, Lesperienza, Dollhouse, Waweform. I thought it would be a new stories not related to each other, but telling about new events in the lives of the characters from Act 1. For example, about studying in college and such... How wrong I was :(
The premonition of trouble came immediately after all this brain-breaking nonsense that began immediately after the dance with mom. Damn, I read all these in game texts, was thinking about the consequences of the choices I make in future events of the game. I wanted to make the main character’s mother happy. But in the end they just pissed on my face, like a bioware with its endings in Mass Effect 3. In which the choices you made were simply ignored or not taken into account. The best example of this is Karen and the girl who was brutaly forced on you as a date for the school dance. Even after you rejected her and didn’t even want to be (sleep) with her. I even reached the maximum value in platonic relationships with mom of main hero and in theory should have moved on to the next romantic level of intimacy, but this developer just messed up everything... This is a complete disaster :(
Welcome to F95 - strong suggestion: you should always skim through at least the last few pages of any game thread on this site before even considering to download. Had you done that, you would have saved yourself.

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
It's been a long time since I played this game and knowing Don Milking (aka Kyle aka Gumdrop Games) I highly doubt that there will be any real content in the new updates, but despite the slim hopes for it, the little optimistic part of me makes me ask you the following questions:

How much has the game progressed on each route? If I remember correctly, the Father's route ended with him being with her niece in her apartment; while the Son's route ended with him and his mother arriving at a shopping center to buy him a belt, a tie and a jacket.

On the other hand, what the hell is in those zips titled Waveform (12.45 GB), Dollhouse (2.36 GB), Pool (8.07 GB) and Lesperienza (3.12 GB)? And do they have to be installed in a specific way within the game or are they independent spin-offs, like the Christmas spin-off?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
How much has the game progressed on each route?
Zero to Zero-point-one percent.
On the other hand, what the hell is in those zips titled Waveform (12.45 GB), Dollhouse (2.36 GB), Pool (8.07 GB) and Lesperienza (3.12 GB)?
They are developer acid trips or developer projecting their delusions of grandeur. Just like the main game, there's nothing to see, nothing to do.

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
It's been a long time since I played this game and knowing Don Milking (aka Kyle aka Gumdrop Games) I highly doubt that there will be any real content in the new updates, but despite the slim hopes for it, the little optimistic part of me makes me ask you the following questions:

How much has the game progressed on each route? If I remember correctly, the Father's route ended with him being with her niece in her apartment; while the Son's route ended with him and his mother arriving at a shopping center to buy him a belt, a tie and a jacket.

On the other hand, what the hell is in those zips titled Waveform (12.45 GB), Dollhouse (2.36 GB), Pool (8.07 GB) and Lesperienza (3.12 GB)? And do they have to be installed in a specific way within the game or are they independent spin-offs, like the Christmas spin-off?

Haven't checked in a while but about like a year ago he decided to restart the entire game scrapping all development and then he basically did nothing after.

I supported the Developer for a year or two when it first came out. Even back then he was milking people.

Personally, I think he was a first-time developer who had half a plan and got bogged down by scope creep and inefficient code but wanted to keep the gravy train rolling. He was making thousands a month for basically no work.

Started innocent, got burned out / common failed Dev to bad road map and being unable to fulfill a vision, decided to rip people off instead.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes