VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

hazzi

Oct 10, 2017
There's too much stuff on the discord to keep up lol and I'm at work, will have to try later. Still people saying "wait for the 26 feb to see" lmao. Abby and Tenlogos nowhere to be found of course.

The comments on the patreon post are gold too like so many people still don't seem to realise how far up their ass they got it. Guess we can see these 600 patrons were real after all. I would feel sorry for them but really can't with all the warnings and red signals they had for the past three years.
i have zero sympathy for them. they only have themselves to blame if they didn't see this coming.

Reactions: xXwankerXx
D

Deleted member 177791

That's why I said "would but can't" feel sorry. I would usually feel sorry when some people get scammed but here they're the ones who kept the joke running for so long. In fact it's quite entertaining to watch now.

gunguy1109

Feb 19, 2021
In case anyone actually gives a shit, here's the solution to the piano puzzle:
solution.png
After you complete it, you get more text and an animation of the son and mom slow-dancing and then a three-second animation of the mom standing naked. Credits come after, with a screen that says to wait until the next release on Feb 26th

Lordmantill

Jun 30, 2018
I have been in that discord for 3 years now and all the people with any sense know it's all a sham and none of those people expect anything to come out but we stay there just to hang out and people here are like," ermahgerd he is scamming people someone please tell them", we know.

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Holy shit. This thread is a fucking riot to read. I was not expecting this. I'm tempted to eat my own shorts while laughing my ass off. What the goddamn hell is this clown up to? This is straight up glorious trolling while making bank. You can't make this stupid and silly ass shit up. That's a damn fine piece of mental work there, gumdrop. /s
Guy's fucking mental to pull this shit off. I couldn't have conceived of a more hare-brained release after these "promises". I saw thru all that bullshit 4 years ago after praising him at first for his unique work at that time. Then as people can see, he started going off the rails at Part 7, royally messed up 9, put out a weak 10, promised an update/fixes within 2 months, then 1, then a few more... at that time, it had become quite plain to me that he can no longer be trusted with any money nor would he stick to producing content. Like he had decided to ghost his own Frankenstein Monster.
And now 4 years later, he puts out this piece of crap? That's a hell of an insult to his patrons and supporters. And it's self-inflicted. What a dumbass.

• Haha
Reactions: EmoBot and yep10

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I have been in that discord for 3 years now and all the people with any sense know it's all a sham and none of those people expect anything to come out but we stay there just to hang out and people here are like," ermahgerd he is scamming people someone please tell them", we know.
Oh, we know most of you have long given up. Most are more bewildered by the actual paying patrons.

P.s
Then just make your own social discord where you don't have the obvious restrictions of mods having to enforce GD'd rules.

gunguy1109

Feb 19, 2021
Holy shit. This thread is a fucking riot to read. I was not expecting this. I'm tempted to eat my own shorts while laughing my ass off. What the goddamn hell is this clown up to? This is straight up glorious trolling while making bank. You can't make this stupid and silly ass shit up. That's a damn fine piece of mental work there, gumdrop. /s
Guy's fucking mental to pull this shit off. I couldn't have conceived of a more hare-brained release after these "promises". I saw thru all that bullshit 4 years ago after praising him at first for his unique work at that time. Then as people can see, he started going off the rails at Part 7, royally messed up 9, put out a weak 10, promised an update/fixes within 2 months, then 1, then a few more... at that time, it had become quite plain to me that he can no longer be trusted with any money nor would he stick to producing content. Like he had decided to ghost his own Frankenstein Monster.
And now 4 years later, he puts out this piece of crap? That's a hell of an insult to his patrons and supporters. And it's self-inflicted. What a dumbass.
I don't know if he's stupid, he was after all intelligent enough to mislead a good amount of people to rake in at least $600 or $700 per month. But as far as scams go, this is definitely the most intriguing one I have ever witnessed lmao

It's almost a shame because df may have been something really good but if he wasn't a scammer, we wouldn't have gotten this masterpiece, so I'm almost glad it was all a lie

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I don't know if he's stupid, he was after all intelligent enough to mislead a good amount of people to rake in at least $600 or $700 per month. But as far as scams go, this is definitely the most intriguing one I have ever witnessed lmao

It's almost a shame because df may have been something really good but if he wasn't a scammer, we wouldn't have gotten this masterpiece, so I'm almost glad it was all a lie
$600 or $700?

Try $10,000

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Here champ, enjoy the 'update' View attachment 1043493 Mega
What in the blue fuck was that? Like seriously, what the fuck? It's like Frog Fractions decided to drop acid. I've seen performance art pieces that were more coherent. Whatever he's smoking, he needs to share. I can't imagine being someone that gave this fucker money expecting an actual game rather than whatever....THAT was. Words fail me.

O Captain my captain, deliver unto us your masterpiece!

gunguy1109

Feb 19, 2021
$600 or $700?

Try $10,000

lmao, nice. There's this line in the new release of whatever the fuck he just put out that stood out to me. The majority of the "game" is set up like it's a piano lesson and right before it ends, the narrator tells the player about how it's okay to make mistakes when learning the piano, and they should focus on learning from them rather than dwelling on them. I honestly think this is gumdrop's way of telling his patrons they got scammed and to move on rather than get angry about it. What a madman

Reactions: cougs

Roter

May 27, 2020
Can someone fill me in on what the hell happened here? I look away from the game for a year and I'm met with... all this shit?

gunguy1109

Feb 19, 2021
Can someone fill me in on what the hell happened here? I look away from the game for a year and I'm met with... all this shit?
Gumdrop said he was remaking DF and would put release it in a series of 3 releases, the first being today. On the day of the first release (again, today), he deletes almost everything from his Patreon and site referencing the original DF and just left the upload for the new release up called "DFX." It's a weird, short thing that has you complete a clicking minigame to get to the main menu before doing a coloring and piano minigame, and then it ends. There are a handful of animations scattered about in the background while the Italian narration with English text goes on about piano lessons and stuff.

My guess is that gumdrop is tired of carrying on the charade and just decided to end the scam in a way that was funny to him. The animations included are probably just the animations he hired other people to do and he doesn't have use for anymore. At the end of the "game' there are a bunch of links to stuff like a kirby 64 playthrough and daft punk song, so he's definitely just fucking with people at this point

JinXXX

Jul 12, 2017
I wonder what Kyle does next. Maybe some school shooting ? I mean, given his mental state, he's clearly rdy for it.

The guy scammed hundreds of thousands and Patreon has now the evidence.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes