mtmelmar

Sep 19, 2017
For all that there's no sexual content, this is actually not a bad dungeon crawler at all. Bit stingy with the money drops but, not bad.

Reactions: flannan

SunSeeker1

Dec 23, 2022
Not gonna lie, this is a dream come true!

I played this game back in the psp, I think 8 or 10 years ago, back in a time when i cared to search through wikis, made maps and wrote down those nippon hieroglyphs...

anyway, this game is SOLID! excellent gameplay (can be a bit unfair) and the ecchi is pretty good (at least if my old man brain remembers my horny teenager days) and if you care, you can spend MONTHS playing it and not get to the end (specially if you don't look every nook and cranny)

cell943

Oct 14, 2017

I played this game back in the psp, I think 8 or 10 years ago, back in a time when i cared to search through wikis, made maps and wrote down those nippon hieroglyphs...

anyway, this game is SOLID! excellent gameplay (can be a bit unfair) and the ecchi is pretty good (at least if my old man brain remembers my horny teenager days) and if you care, you can spend MONTHS playing it and not get to the end (specially if you don't look every nook and cranny)
So it's not just a titty rip off of Etrian Odyssey?

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018

Finally the first DT game got PC port+English version! With this, it completed Dungeon Travelers trilogy.

Glad to see I'm not the only one to feel the same way! I really enjoyed ecchi scenes.
I played the PSP version back in 2016/2017, kinda tough with language barrier back then. Plus PSP version has no checkpoint when reseting level, even DT2 had lv15/30/50 checkpoint.

I wonder if this game has no DLC at all, compared to DT2 and DT2-2 which both games have.
DT2 DLC: DT1 (this game) characters with additional of Mio Hanesaki who is the only To Heart 2 character with Spieler class
DT2-2 DLC: bonus dungeons, various costumes (can alter character's appearance regardless of her current class in DT2-2)

Last edited:

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
Does Yuma appear in this game? she's listed as a side character in vndb T.T
She does, along with everyone here as party members
No main/side heroine in this game, every playable character is treated equally.

They are all also DLC characters in Dungeon Travelers 2.
You can find the link for DLC at my comment on that game's thread in this site.
I double-checked my old comment there and it's still there on page 6.

Last edited:

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
I am mostly familiar with their Utawarerumono and Tears to Tiara.
They had mediocre tactical RPGs (but at least they're not clones of X-COM), mostly vanilla H-scenes that were often just randomly thrown in, and awesome stories.
Expect things to suddenly become epic, and/or to merge sci-fi and fantasy in the "slicing a giant robot with a katana" manner.

-------------------

Now my own question:
Do I need to be familiar with other "Dungeon Travellers" games or "To Heart" games to play this game? Will I be missing a lot?
Not sure if you need to play To Heart 2 first. Even To Heart 2 has new/separate set of characters/settings to To Heart 1.
As for if you need to play other "Dungeon Travelers" first, this one is the first game of the trilogy.
Dungeon Travelers 2 (2nd game) has new set of characters/settings and different MC as well to this game. so the story is stand-alone. However, To Heart 2 characters are all playable as DLC in Dungeon Travelers 2.
However, Dungeon Travelers 2-2 (3rd game) uses the same characters/settings/MC from Dungeon Travelers 2 but with some new faces. So playing Dungeon Travelers 2 is recomended to get acquaintanced with characters and locations.

if you're planning to play all three of them, I'd recommend start with this one as it's the least polished game compared to the later games such as less max inventory limit and no Spieler class until the second game. Kinda feel a bit inconvenient to go back to the older game if you already get used to features from the later one.

Just in case if you don't know, Spieler is the 5th class besides Fighter, Magic User, Scout and Maid.

Last edited:

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
Wait, so Dungeon Travelers isn't about girls getting raped by bugs?

View attachment 3375232
If you want dungeon crawler with girl getting raped so bad, then go play:
-Demon Master Chris (no dude)
-Sakura Dungeon (no dude)
-Lilipalace
-Lilitales
-Rance Quest Magnum
-The Spirit Master of Retarnia ~Conqueror of the Labyrinth~

Last edited:

justprevail

Jan 12, 2019
I can't change the resolution and also my controller doesn't work with it, am I missing something? Also some settings save when I back out but not others

Edit: It works on one of my computers but not the other, idk what I'm missing on the first pc.

Last edited:

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
It's unfortunate it doesn't have sex scene. I just got a scene with Tamaki and Konomi massaging MC in maid uniform, it would have been nice if it was erotic rather than plain ecchi. While sex scenes weren't necessary in Tears to Tiara or Utawarerumono, they were certainly nice being present rather than not.

EcillaDev

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2024
This reminds me of how I always wanted Disgaea to have, a side game that is first person. Pretty cute!

RogueNoise

May 1, 2021
Finished the main story game with under 30 hours, you can beat it with lvl 30+ proper build, there's total 19 members party can get

HOWEVER it's not over yet, you just cleared 30%+ game progress, this is just beginning. The post-end game has more contents but beyond difficulty compare to main story

And seriously, need a guide or 100% save for this game. Extra contents has 59 different CG and 123 funny sub-event dialogues need to unlock by yourself. Some CG and sub-events require special conditions unlock too

SwagzillaForila

Jan 7, 2023
Not sure what you mean by that, because you can already play it with Japanese text and audio.
The downloads shared only contain the English files (/Data/ENG), no other language files are present. When comparing regional releases of DT2 and DT2-2, they had separate folders for each language (ENG/JPN/CHI). There's no option to change language in-game, the language shown depends on the exe used to launch the game. The english release exe will use files from the ENG folder, the japanese release exe will use files from the JPN folder, etc.