2.60 star(s) 7 Votes

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I'm surprised by some of the feedback on the relationship between Julia and the mc. My intention is to show that Julia loves the mc, but she has to be his best friend instead so she can stay in his life since the mc likes Halia. Chet uses mind control on Julia so that she believes he is her boyfriend. The only thing that happens between them is that Chet holds Julia's hand while he flirts with her at the coffee shop. Julia is still under Chet's mind control until the mc frees Julia on day 2. Once she's free, Julia helps the mc practice dancing and kissing so he will be ready to date Halia. Julia feels so guilty for the kiss that it wakes her up from her dream state.

Your feedback tells me that the interactions between Julia and the mc comes off harsher than I intended. You mention Julia brushing off the mc about Chet. Are you referring to when the mc asks Julia about Chet at the coffee shop after Chet leaves? Could you share which interactions between Julia and the mc that you found that doesn't portray the intended relationship I indicate above? Your impressions will help me to revise the story. I'm having to walk a fine line with Julia. 1. She's the mc's best friend. 2. Chet has used mind control on Julia. If I show Julia acting normal, the Eternals look weak. Chet's main reason for choosing Julia to control is to show the mc that Chet can take the person the mc is closest to, Julia, away from him. So I've tried to show moments when Julia doesn't act like a person who is in love with the mc. Julia does get upset with the mc for asking her help with a Calculus problem. But this is due to Julia being jealous. The Calc problem is part of Halia's homework. Julia knows it's for Halia as the mc only gets this scene if he doesn't attend Calc class.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts so I can improve my game.
I feel like Chet going after Halla would make more sense. Plus you could still have Julia being jealous when the MC asks for help with the Calc problem. And losing Halla seems like it would be more of a gut punch moment for MC anyways.

And the brush off thing with Julia is when MC is asking her about him the next day, and she's like maybe your interested in dating him, something along those lines.

And thank you for listening to my feedback.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
I feel like Chet going after Halla would make more sense.
Chet learns about Julia by seeing her with the mc at school and he senses that they are close. Halia doesn't attend the same school as the mc so Chet isn't aware of her.

Plus you could still have Julia being jealous when the MC asks for help with the Calc problem.
I mentioned the Calc homework to see if it was clear that Julia was jealous.

And losing Halla seems like it would be more of a gut punch moment for MC anyways.
I choose to have Chet pursue Julia because the mc is actually closer to her than he is with Halia. The mc thinks Halia is the perfect girl but, after living next door to her for years, their relationship hasn't progressed beyond being neighbors. The mc has been too shy to approach her. I wanted to have Chet's pursuit of Julia show the mc having a wake up call about Julia. To show that the mc has feelings for Julia that go beyond her being his best friend.

And the brush off thing with Julia is when MC is asking her about him the next day, and she's like maybe your interested in dating him, something along those lines.
Thank you for your clarification. Julia was teasing the mc. I'll take another look at the scene to see about revising it.

And thank you for listening to my feedback.
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and your time. I find it very helpful to hear player's impressions of my game.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Chet learns about Julia by seeing her with the mc at school and he senses that they are close. Halia doesn't attend the same school as the mc so Chet isn't aware of her.

I mentioned the Calc homework to see if it was clear that Julia was jealous.

I choose to have Chet pursue Julia because the mc is actually closer to her than he is with Halia. The mc thinks Halia is the perfect girl but, after living next door to her for years, their relationship hasn't progressed beyond being neighbors. The mc has been too shy to approach her. I wanted to have Chet's pursuit of Julia show the mc having a wake up call about Julia. To show that the mc has feelings for Julia that go beyond her being his best friend.

Thank you for your clarification. Julia was teasing the mc. I'll take another look at the scene to see about revising it.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and your time. I find it very helpful to hear player's impressions of my game.

I'm enjoying your work nit picking aside and look forward to the next update.

And as long as at the end of the day you're happy with he game that's what matters.

Reactions: lydcreations

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Earth Girls Are...? [v0.05] [Lydcreations] Compressed

Compression reduces image/animation/audio quality
This is not a perfect process and can break a game

Original size ~700MB
Download ~66MB

PC: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Aug 17, 2019
Unofficial Android Port for v0.05:

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway. I'm not going to spend money to become a google play developer for something that I'm going to do in my free time. Maybe in the future. Give Me Your Feedback through DMs.
Discord:

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Earth Girls Are...? [v0.05] [Lydcreations] Compressed

Compression reduces image/animation/audio quality
This is not a perfect process and can break a game

Original size ~700MB
Download ~66MB

PC: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
The compression made a huge difference in the file size. Is there a software that you would recommend to reduce file size while still retaining image quality?

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Unofficial Android Port for v0.05:

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway. I'm not going to spend money to become a google play developer for something that I'm going to do in my free time. Maybe in the future. Give Me Your Feedback through DMs.
Discord:
Thank you for the Android version.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
The compression made a huge difference in the file size. Is there a software that you would recommend to reduce file size while still retaining image quality?
As 0011 said xncovert is good I used bas' cruncher which is basically just batch script that uses xnconvert and webp to covert the images to webp format and compress them, if you just converted all you renders to webp you would see a decent reduction in file size whilst still maintaining image quality.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
As 0011 said xncovert is good I used bas' cruncher which is basically just batch script that uses xnconvert and webp to covert the images to webp format and compress them, if you just converted all you renders to webp you would see a decent reduction in file size whilst still maintaining image quality.
Lossless webp gives you top quality and a reduced image size over top quality jpg. You can experiment with lossy settings; 90 is usually good enough quality at a nice size.

Reactions: Hones

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Thanks for the compression feedback. I'll try both and see if I can notice any differences between them.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
So are there actually Angels and Devils in this? If yes, is a harem/threesome with the MC, a devil and an angel going to be available in the future? I've been looking for something like that for so long in both games and literature that it's not even funny.
Sorry, I don't have any plans for angels or devils.

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
That re write with Julia really helped imo. Looking forward to the next update.
Thank you for the feedback and support. Apparently Julia's reaction to Chet's mind control gave some players the impression that she was interested in Chet instead of the MC. I hope that my revisions with Julia show her as having a close relationship and secret love for the MC.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Thank you for the feedback and support. Apparently Julia's reaction to Chet's mind control gave some players the impression that she was interested in Chet instead of the MC. I hope that my revisions with Julia show her as having a close relationship and secret love for the MC.
Haha I was one of those players

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019
Haha I was one of those players
I've tried to show the Julia & MC relationship in scenes such as Julia's morning wake up call, going to school together, and hanging out in the MC's bedroom. And when Aubrey channels Julia for saber sex, it's Julia expressing how she feels for the MC.

Did the revisions of the various Julia scenes correct the confusion, or are there moments that could use additional clarification?

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I've tried to show the Julia & MC relationship in scenes such as Julia's morning wake up call, going to school together, and hanging out in the MC's bedroom. And when Aubrey channels Julia for saber sex, it's Julia expressing how she feels for the MC.

Did the revisions of the various Julia scenes correct the confusion, or are there moments that could use additional clarification?
Eh, I think it's a lot better now. Let me run back through the game and I'll get back to you.

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes