Mod Ren'Py Ecchi Sensei - Lain's Improvements + Scene Gallery Mod [Week 1]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
From the dev.

"Also, and I mentioned it a few times, but I want to say it again officially:
There will be no megamerge in 2021. The next megamerge will happen mid-2022 at the earliest, and it should take quite a lot less time as the previous ones as no huge features are planned to be added to the game. "

Which is bad news considering this mod has not been updated since week 1 and maim was waiting until Month 1 (year and a half later) since it takes an incredibly long time to work with the mod. August 2019 was the last time I played this game (so only week 1) That is how long I have waited to play the game again. Given this new news things don't look good for the state of the mod if this is how the dev is moving forward with how the merges are handled unless things change somehow. Not crapping on Maim or the Dev here just letting people know don't get your hopes up.
Main has been working with the ES team and the changes should already be included in Month 1.
So once Month 1 is released this thread should hopefully not need updating.

She had trouble keeping her page opened, she has gone to subristar now
The story I heard was some trolls from one of the games reported Lain to Patreon because Lain was not able to update a mod quickly due to underlying code changes.
clearly they though if they destroyed someone income they would somehow get there mod quicker. clearly brains wasnt there strong suit.
Lain is slowly rebuilding on Subscribestar now and has been far more selective with the games that receive mod updates.
4 games so far from what I can see plus the games Lain is co-creating with dumbkoala

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Lain had planned to update this mod when the 1 month merge is complete and since the merge isn't done yet this mod has not been updated.
Is the game even being worked on anymore because dev said 1 week per month release and here is is now over 6 months since last release of the main game.

Pt Data

May 30, 2017
Is the game even being worked on anymore because dev said 1 week per month release and here is is now over 6 months since last release of the main game.
Their last update on Patreon told us that the main developer was recovering from fairly severe health issues and had just gotten back working on the code. That was about a week ago. No updated date was given as they aren't sure if he's fully recovered.

Reactions: Dragon59 and pgm_01

DaveHoff

Aug 7, 2018
Since it isn't one the post itself but instead a comment... I will cut you a little slack... but you know you should really use the little search bar, or find the last comment from them....

first off, their patreon was banned, because of bitching users who weren't mad mods weren't being updated (mods they got for free mind you), and heard they were also ddos'd? (not too sure, just know they did all they could to make her life hell).

secondly, they have said since this game has multiple versions, they will only make the mod for certain versions. The version in question is the monthly versions. As blue cat does both day releases, week releases, and once week 4 is finished, month releases.

quite a lot of release types to mod, and it isn't always compatible cause of code changes, due to all this code change, and fuckery, Maim who mods lots of other stuff as well, opted to only support final versions, instead of multiple small, or medium ones. So once the month release is done you can expect a mod update to follow. since to my knowledge there won't be a year release... or at least not for a few years XD

tldnr: RandyPhoenix (incase you don't know either), mod won't be updated until a month build is released.
Dam I didnt even know Lain was going through that... I feel bad for being ignorant because there was a time I was being rude in the comments when lains harem hotel walkthrough was not finished... Now that I go back they had A LOT of walkthroughs and I was like how they manage all this... My bad damn

• Haha
Reactions: PeteHanson

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
The game code is supposed to have big changes in it, so even when the game drops, you should not expect an immediate update to the mod. Once the planned free roam is added, expect more time for the mod for that version too. Lain puts a crazy amount of work into the mods and I appreciate that because they work well and I have yet to see one break a game.

Reactions: Springbuck

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Do we have to complete week 1 to use that save for week 2 and week 3? Also do we overwrite week 2 files on week 1 game ?

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Since it isn't one the post itself but instead a comment... I will cut you a little slack... but you know you should really use the little search bar, or find the last comment from them....

first off, their patreon was banned, because of bitching users who weren't mad mods weren't being updated (mods they got for free mind you), and heard they were also ddos'd? (not too sure, just know they did all they could to make her life hell).

secondly, they have said since this game has multiple versions, they will only make the mod for certain versions. The version in question is the monthly versions. As blue cat does both day releases, week releases, and once week 4 is finished, month releases.

quite a lot of release types to mod, and it isn't always compatible cause of code changes, due to all this code change, and fuckery, Maim who mods lots of other stuff as well, opted to only support final versions, instead of multiple small, or medium ones. So once the month release is done you can expect a mod update to follow. since to my knowledge there won't be a year release... or at least not for a few years XD

tldnr: RandyPhoenix (incase you don't know either), mod won't be updated until a month build is released.
You guys were acting to rude aganist people telling she should make week 3 mod update but even after year we still didnt get month update for game so people are literaly waiting this mod update for year, i gues sometimes instead of acting like this you should act more polite.

We told those days, she should make update for this version and its not gonna get update for long time but nobody listened...

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
You guys were acting to rude aganist people telling she should make week 3 mod update but even after year we still didnt get month update for game so people are literaly waiting this mod update for year, i gues sometimes instead of acting like this you should act more polite.

We told those days, she should make update for this version and its not gonna get update for long time but nobody listened...
..... are you daft?

That isn't on Lain lmao.
That would be on the devs of ecchi sensei.

It goes a little something like this:
Dev says they gonna do 1-2 day builds, then a week build and after that a month build. (month build was aimed to be released at the start of this year btw, but well shit happens).

The modder wanting to be most efficient decides they will only do the month build because they have other things they would like to do, like mod other games, and in this case make other games, since lain also works on other games and makes some of their own.

Sooooo pump the breaks on your entitlement.

If you are so antsy about it, go and make the mod yourself, and upkeep it.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
No new mod until month one is finished
which could be another 12 months away or never, given there as been no update since week 3 i think for a year now, and the talk being there may not even be a merge until month 6 because I can't see it being 12 months, since it would overwhelm ren py is my limited understanding of the program.
I am a subscriber to Lain through her subscribestar, and there have been no updates to other mods for quite a few months now, to games she updates the mods for. But, since obviously we have had day 21 now for a very long time, it kind of does make sense to release the mod for weeks 2 and 3 since it might be a very long time before we get week 4 and end of month 1. I sincerely hope not.

Last edited:

ExaltedMidget

Mar 22, 2018
Lain is on the Ecchi Sensei team with the problems they seam to be having with the merge I would guess she is very busy trying to get that train reck working

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
I checked the patreon and there is current message traffic so its far from abandoned just teething issues I suspect

• Haha
Reactions: Donjoe81
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote