fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
FIX for the "Bonus content obscured by the bottom dialogue" issue

I present you a small fix for the issue, that you can't press "H" or "Middle Mouse Button" to see the bonus images (revealed by clicking on the 'hidden' red dot) without the dialogue. Simply download the attached file and UNZIP it into your game folder.

This FIX works for the current version only (S2E1, date 2020-07-11), so do NOT copy this file into any other version's folder!

EDIT: v0.2 also hides the dialogue during the "Different angles" scenes.

View attachment 726701
Thanks for this!

Also Penfold Mole made a universal transparent text box for Renpy. I copy it into every Renpy game I download before I even open them. You can find it here: https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-1.11925/

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Thanks a lot, IncetonGames !
The new episode is awesome, but there are some issues, probably a few already mentioned:
  • A bunch of dialogs are messed up, wrong characters saying wrong lines.
  • The issue about angles and bonus images being shown with dialog still active is another - already mentioned and I guess, fixed in some way by some other members.
  • Also, a bunch of bonus images are commented out in the script, while the images actually exist.
So I made a patch that:
  • Changes characters on all wrongly assigned dialog lines that I noticed to the correct ones and fixes a few typos in several places.
  • Changes zorder of bonus image and angle image screens, bringing the bonus image on top of everything and angle image on top of everything but the angle switching button.
  • Adds a bunch of disabled bonus images, plus one that wasn't commented out, but was missing from the script.
Patch zip includes original rpy files with *.orig extension added, new fixed rpy and rpyc files, plus diff files with all the fixes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How to use:

To patch the game just extract zip into the game root folder (the main folder where the game launcher EchoesOfLust.exe is) and files will drop into the 'game' subfolder by itself. Overwrite original files, if there are any.

Patch is made only for version S2E1 of the game and it won't work on future versions, nor any of the S1 versions.

I may have still missed something, some faulty dialogs for example, possibly due to the order of events in my playthrough.

Added fixes to Nicole recap sequence, Megan eye blinking and a few typos, all reported and thanks to theMickey_ :
Maybe you also want to change the following in your patch:
  • during the Ep.1 recap, every character has multiple images, except Nicole. Although there are multiple images of her (recap_nic_1.jpg to recap_nic_9.jpg), the script only use recap_nic_1.jpg nine times
  • For the eye-blinking (nice touch btw!) they used multiple images, but at least one is wrong, and it flashed a different image during my playthrough (script: G_Cheat_Menu.rpy):
    • e11i473_blink: "bg/Blink/e11i543_half.jpg" should be "bg/Blink/e11i473_half.jpg" (line 2449)
  • I found a few more spelling errors for which I couldn't find a fix in your patch (script: 1_Home_label.rpy):
    • a "Yeah, everything's fin.." should be a "Yeah, everything's fine.." (line 3732)
    • j "*chuckle* 'Just the beggining." should be j "*chuckle* 'Just the beginning." (line 4685)

Last edited:

kerlorn

Aug 28, 2019
Love this game.
I hope the dev will add sound effects to the actual sex animation parts where you bang Elizabeth.

Was surprised that there was only a sound effect for fingering shortly and then sadly there were no sound effects anymore for the rest of the sex sequences.
More than just sound effects, there are actual dialogs and moans inside the game, when you extract the content, they are in audio/vo/ and then a folder for each girl, Ellie, Megan and Zoe having the most.
There are dialogs, I did not check if it was precisely what is written in the game, and also moans and sex dialogs. But apart from Ellie in the introduction, I did not hear any voice or moan in the game...
Edit : actually by looking at the names of the audio files, they seem to be for episodes 1-9, but they are in the season 2 game... I don't know if there is a way to move them to the season 1 game...

Last edited:
Reactions: jakek

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
So I made a patch
Excellent patch! While I basically did the same for the Red-Dot- and Rotating-Angles-Images, I did not patch the mixed up dialogue lines (some of them I did realised while playing the game though) and did not add missing bonus images (I have seen the comments in the script, though), so: nice work, and thanks for sharing!

• during the Ep.1 recap, every character has multiple images, except Nicole. Although there are multiple images of her (recap_nic_1.jpg to recap_nic_9.jpg), the script only use recap_nic_1.jpg nine times
  • For the eye-blinking (nice touch btw!) they used multiple images, but at least one is wrong, and it flashed a different image during my playthrough (script: G_Cheat_Menu.rpy):
    • e11i473_blink: "bg/Blink/e11i543_half.jpg" should be "bg/Blink/e11i473_half.jpg" (line 2449)
  • I found a few more spelling errors for which I couldn't find a fix in your patch (script: 1_Home_label.rpy):
    • a "Yeah, everything's fin.." should be a "Yeah, everything's fine.." (line 3732)
    • j "*chuckle* 'Just the beggining." should be j "*chuckle* 'Just the beginning." (line 4685)

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Excellent patch! While I basically did the same for the Red-Dot- and Rotating-Angles-Images, I did not patch the mixed up dialogue lines (some of them I did realised while playing the game though) and did not add missing bonus images (I have seen the comments in the script, though), so: nice work, and thanks for sharing!
I noticed your patch while posting mine, I haven't had time to decompile it though.
I just started to fix dialogs while playing the game and finished when I reached the end, so it took quite a bit of time.

• e11i473_blink: "bg/Blink/e11i543_half.jpg" should be "bg/Blink/e11i443_half.jpg" (line 2449)
  • I found one more spelling error for which I couldn't find a fix in your patch (script: 1_Home_label.rpy):
Thanks! I never noticed these.
There was some image flicking somewhere, but I didn't realize that it's just a wrong frame for the blinking eyes. Good catch!

e11i473_half.jpg is the correct image, BTW ;)

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
e11i473_half.jpg is the correct image, BTW ;)
I just noticed it while changing my files, and edited my previous post just a few minutes ago :)
I bet you already have updated your files, but in any case, here are the updated patch files.

EDIT: Nevermind, you already updated your post :cool:

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
I guess it's a good thing the old thread got deleted there was A LOT of negative comments but looks like inceton reused some assets from living with Mia or Summer with Mia whichever game :LOL: saw 4 outfits that they used before prob more tho ;)
surprised that this was all the content for how long they worked on the game and the dialogue is all messed up for some parts of the game

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
I guess it's a good thing the old thread got deleted there was A LOT of negative comments but looks like inceton reused some assets from living with Mia or Summer with Mia whichever game :LOL: saw 4 outfits that they used before prob more tho ;)
surprised that this was all the content for how long they worked on the game and the dialogue is all messed up for some parts of the game
This isn't the only project they work on. A lot of people love to conveniently leave this out when talking about how long they supposedly worked on something.

Reactions: IncetonGames

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
...and I'm always baffled by people complaining about something they get for free on a forum like this.

First and foremost I think all the renders took a long time to create. There are more than 1,400 renders in this new episode already (plus some animations), and if you just take a rough estimate of 15-30 minutes per render (without any post-processing), that's 1-2 months rendering images 24/7 on a single system! Not taking into account the time it needs to create those renders (lightning, posing etc.) in the first place! Then you need to code all the stuff (and I'm not talking about writing the plot, I'm talking about putting all the things together into Ren'py).

Yes, a few errors made their way through QA, but I'll bet they get fixed very soon. We already created to fix most of the errors we found so far, only a few hours after the new episode was leaked!

If you're an active supporter and pledged some money, please send your complaints directly to the developers using Patreon/their website/Discord or whatever if you think you're not getting enough content for your money spent. If you don't think the game is worth your money, please move on an play something else. If you're still playing this game, but can't afford to pledge some money, try at least to be constructive with your criticism instead of just whining about how long it took them to create a new update.

I wish I could support them on Patreon right now, but I only can afford to support a handful of developers at a time, and I'm at my maximum already. And because I don't want to "switch" my supported projects every month, this one will have to wait. I will send some money towards IncetonGames someday, because I like this game, and I do want to see how it continues.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
I know it isn’t the only project they are working on but swm2 has been at 50% for awhile now ;)
SWM2 being at 50% for "awhile" is irrelevant unless you know exactly how long they have been actually working on it the past 4 months.

Let's pretend and think linear like you do. Let's pretend they started working on EOL S2E1 immediately after the release of S1E9. That's a 4 month gap. with about a 1500 render update that's about 375 renders a month. Which is bigger than most devs who do updates every 1-2 months.

• Haha
Reactions: blahblah25
3.80 star(s) 234 Votes