• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed Emi - New Beginning [Christmas Special] [CellStudios]

4.20 star(s) 28 Votes

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
CellStudios

Amazing work, truly an excellent 'complete' short VN-type game. Well done, superb really. I am honestly infatuated with Emi, such a lovely wonderful woman. She is fully developed (fisiologically or biologically) and looks very matured for her age (which will not raise too many eybrows compared with the opposite condition).

I loved that the story itself is self-contained but leaves room for more, it is already great and 'complete' as of now but potentially expanded. It basically has a beginning, middle and end content, that were told in a continuous (chronological order) flow, which appeals to most (if not all) players as a light VN with simple story (no drama, branching, game-over decisions etc.).

The followings are my recommendations (to the developer) and reviews of this game.

Disclaimer: I am NOT professional or expert reviewer, and this post only reflects my opinions and interpretations as a casual regular gamer, which most likely contains ill-informed facts on something.

Warning! It contains spoilers (speculative, minor or major). You have been warned! I suggest that anyone play the game at least once before reading it (You don't have to read it in the first place anyway).

TLDR;

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

P/S: I am posting the game review in a post so that I can link it when I am making the actual game Review (which will be short summary as everything is described in detail within a post, such as this one).

Last edited:

kci12

Aug 1, 2021
Got a request for an Android port for the game.
I needed for that a "downsized" game to 1080p resolution as a base and post that here as well.
(For both I integrated some more settings like textsize/textbox opacity etc)

Download Win/Linux game compressed, 1080p (77MB)

Download Android port game compressed, 1080p (80MB)

View attachment 2157780 View attachment 2157781
You the real MVP.

tincann

Jul 18, 2017
Alright so i applied the same fix you have to on other renpy games when the words are all scratched up and unreadable, and it worked for me, Shift+G then switch renderer to the bottom option
Thanks Nick. That worked for me, as well.:cool:

Reactions: nickmray

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
CellStudios

Amazing work, truly an excellent 'complete' short VN-type game. Well done, superb really. I am honestly infatuated with Emi, such a lovely wonderful woman. She is fully developed (fisiologically or biologically) and looks very matured for her age (which will not raise too many eybrows compared with the opposite condition).

I loved that the story itself is self-contained but leaves room for more, it is already great and 'complete' as of now but potentially expanded. It basically has a beginning, middle and end content, that were told in a continuous (chronological order) flow, which appeals to most (if not all) players as a light VN with simple story (no drama, branching, game-over decisions etc.).

The followings are my recommendations (to the developer) and reviews of this game.

Disclaimer: I am NOT professional or expert reviewer, and this post only reflects my opinions and interpretations as a casual regular gamer, which most likely contains ill-informed facts on something.

Warning! It contains spoilers (speculative, minor or major). You have been warned! I suggest that anyone play the game at least once before reading it (You don't have to read it in the first place anyway).

TLDR;

P/S: I am posting the game review in a post so that I can link it when I am making the actual game Review (which will be short summary as everything is described in detail within a post, such as this one).
This... this took me a while to disect. Really appreciate the feedback. I originally planned the game to be one and done, had no plans for sequels or anything like that, it was simply something to see how well smaller games do on steam. I did not however forsee so many people falling in love with Emi :unsure:

I did a poll on patreon a while back asking if people wanted to see Emi in the cabin ( since I knew Emi was going to end with the Hazel connection ) and I think something like 95% of people said they wanted to see her in the cabin. So now Wizard and I are working to see how we can add her in. We know the role she'll be playing ( MCs cousin ) but we're not 100% sure on how to get her to the cabin :unsure: We have a couple ideas, I want one thing but Wizard wants another. Might have to do a poll to see which people prefer :p

BUT... That being said. Since Emi was recieved so well I think it would be cruel to not give her a couple sequels... They would remain the same as New Beginnings though and just be smaller stories. That being said, I think any sequel would be at least double the size of New Beginnings.

That also being said though, we have no plans to start a sequel any time soon. We want to at the very minimum get the cabin up to episode 5 with the rewrite before we even think about starting a sequel. ( that being said, I get very bored while waiting for things to load in daz so it's very possible I'll do some writing on a sequel :censored:

Also appreciate your ideas too. There is 1 or 2 in their we'll probably use :unsure:

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
The quality is very high , even more than many titles that have been out for more than a year .
He saved 20 minutes of game content in a few hundred MB, and there are many animations, which shows that the author is very good at using the software .
He has a surprise foreshadowing at the end that shows how eager he is to continue the story .
However, the biggest problem is that another work of this author has not been updated for half a year. His behavior is about to enter the blacklist of F95zone .
Yeah The Cabin is going through a rewrite and took a little bit of a back seat while we worked on Emi. But now that Emi is done we're back to full focus on The Cabin.

Amazing, self-contained short experience. She's gorgeous, the script is great and everything has a wholesome vibe that's right up my alley. Big tits are a plus on top of all that quality.

It's also a nice touch that the dev gives you the usual option to choose the relationship at the beginning. I'd say the way it's written works better for step-sister or simply childhood friend.
The whole story feels very well structured, though.

The only thing I noticed is that her name's all over the place when you choose a custom option. The textbox keeps showing her as "Emi", even though most of MC's dialogue references show the custom name. Other than that, great experience. I can't wait to see where this is going!
Appreciate the feedback :) found it a little odd that for relationship you go straight to step-sister and not just sister... very sus indeed

CellStudios heck no! this ain't finshed! where's the pregnant sex in it?
Guess I'll have to add that to a sequel :oops:

CellStudios Well you can't leave on a cliff hanger like that, so when's the sequel?
We didn't plan for a sequel but since people seem to want one then eventually we will ( but not until we're cause up with The Cabin )

ShiroObake

Mar 30, 2020
for a short vn, this was far beyond my expectations. the story was indeed short and the sex scene was probably a tad bit rushed, but dammit was it good. sad that it IS so short. while a sequel is much needed, a sequel with emi and this mc would be amazing, sounds like you guys dont have plans for that, though. a preggers emi with this mc in content and loving relationship, rather than all the raucous sex like many many other games out have, would be awesome. but hey, im just a keyboard warrior that cant write or code for shit, so dont listen to this jackass.

Cotytto

Jun 15, 2020
This... this took me a while to disect. Really appreciate the feedback. I originally planned the game to be one and done, had no plans for sequels or anything like that, it was simply something to see how well smaller games do on steam. I did not however forsee so many people falling in love with Emi :unsure:

I did a poll on patreon a while back asking if people wanted to see Emi in the cabin ( since I knew Emi was going to end with the Hazel connection ) and I think something like 95% of people said they wanted to see her in the cabin. So now Wizard and I are working to see how we can add her in. We know the role she'll be playing ( MCs cousin ) but we're not 100% sure on how to get her to the cabin :unsure: We have a couple ideas, I want one thing but Wizard wants another. Might have to do a poll to see which people prefer :p

BUT... That being said. Since Emi was recieved so well I think it would be cruel to not give her a couple sequels... They would remain the same as New Beginnings though and just be smaller stories. That being said, I think any sequel would be at least double the size of New Beginnings.

That also being said though, we have no plans to start a sequel any time soon. We want to at the very minimum get the cabin up to episode 5 with the rewrite before we even think about starting a sequel. ( that being said, I get very bored while waiting for things to load in daz so it's very possible I'll do some writing on a sequel :censored:

Also appreciate your ideas too. There is 1 or 2 in their we'll probably use :unsure:
So if she is going to be in the Cabin, would she be part of that MC's harem? Cause that would kill all the good feelings I got from this.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
So if she is going to be in the Cabin, would she be part of that MC's harem? Cause that would kill all the good feelings I got from this.
That is the issue that Wizard and myself are having. We're not sure in what capacity she is going to make an appearance.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ThaRealThiccShady

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
CellStudios

Take your time sir, before deciding (and start working) on sequels (or continuations). You might don't even need a sequel but rather "DLCs", an "extended" or "developer's cut" version ;). Players definitely want sequels but commercial product might just need (longer scenes) additional contents and enhancements to the existing release.

Checkout the other players feedbacks especially regarding renders, animations, music?, sound?, "sex scenes" because I rarely review games based on visuals, audios etc. (I am not qualified to rate those either). I am more invested in the characters and their story. I did not look for realistic depiction of a person either but it is enough if the character is believeable (for the most part) within the context of the story.

However, for commercial success, probably the opposite is true i.e. visuals, audios, UIs are more important (purely speculation as I have no data to back that up). Stunning visuals, compelling musical scores and tunes, sound and visual effects usually never fails to bedazzle and mesmerize the audiences.

Honestly, I was over 'excited' in my post earlier:p, because I seldom find interesting relatable character that I cared for in a game, especially since most games I played have many female LIs to one male MC. The chemistry and intimacy take a sharp dive when you are switching between multiple LIs. It is great when I want to watch many sex scenes but the downside is I did not connect or cared for most of them.

I hope you can make sense of what I wrote because I actually had lost my train of thoughts somewhere in the middle of this post:oops:.

All the best, sir (for both projects). Cheers.

Reactions: rKnight

verzauberung

May 5, 2017
Pity there aren't more games like this. Almost no drama, no "dark" crap, no every girl is bi/lesbian, and no being "experienced" and telling the MC about previous lovers/exes. Just a nice (slightly pervy) couple of "childhood friends" that love each other and have a good time.

Welp scratch the no bi and not talking about other lovers part. Missed the dialogue option that she ate out at least one girl in college. Can't have anything nice.

There goes my opinion of it down the drain. Just couldn't resist could you?
she dick virgin tho?

Student10fan

Apr 23, 2020
Haven't played it yet but from the title and screenshots I'm guessing Emi is basically Grace but from an alternate "New Begining" Universe?

ReaperGD

Jul 29, 2020
Yeah The Cabin is going through a rewrite and took a little bit of a back seat while we worked on Emi. But now that Emi is done we're back to full focus on The Cabin.
I was gonna ask in the Cabin thread about what happened to the game but I'm glad I checked here. Gonna try this one for now.

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
That is the issue that Wizard and myself are having. We're not sure in what capacity she is going to make an appearance.
After playing this, showing Emi having sex in The Cabin with anyone but the MC of this game would be a massive disservice to the character you wrote and would be weird especially if you plan on making sequels with these characters. So, I'd echo the other posters here who say she should be off limits.

MythMackay

Feb 29, 2020
Well, I thoroughly enjoyed that, thank you! And, though I was happy to read that there may eventually be a sequel or 2 later on down the road, I was even happier to see that you're going back to focusing on The Cabin re-write. ;)
Cheers!

Reactions: JohnF95zone
4.20 star(s) 28 Votes