RPGM Complete [English Translation] [Patch] SEQUEL blight [1.3.0]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
Yes, they are.

Mother of All Life/Mana-chan is from the first game Hakika made, "Town of Gears, Atline", her real name is Yuris.
The entirety of Depths of Vaeltria is a reference to it btw, including the monsters.

BoM/Rafata I'm not sure when their first introduction is, but they're the main character in the fourth game, Ruinswald.

It's much more interesting to learn this by yourself, but since only 2 of the 7 previous games are translated with 5 being made on an older version of RPG Maker, that's probably not very encouraging, so here's some more references if you're curious:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: carrier95

Kese04

Aug 16, 2023
Feeling stuck and not sure what to do next. I'm at level 49 and the mob enemies in Eternal Land feel too strong for me. I assume the boss is much to strong for me, though I've not seem them yet. I saw a reincarnation thing but it seems it's only helpful if I want to restart from the beginning (NG+ essentially?) or if I'm at level 99, which seems to far away. I can beat Undying Giant Statue, but not Oathsworn Keeper. The 4 manifestations of mana also seem to be outside my range.

Is there something I'm missing? I feel like there's a power or level gap that's meant to be closed, but I don't see how (besides possibly doing NG+ over and over until I'm level 99, then restart the chacters, and rinse and repeat).

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Feeling stuck and not sure what to do next. I'm at level 49 and the mob enemies in Eternal Land feel too strong for me. I assume the boss is much to strong for me, though I've not seem them yet. I saw a reincarnation thing but it seems it's only helpful if I want to restart from the beginning (NG+ essentially?) or if I'm at level 99, which seems to far away. I can beat Undying Giant Statue, but not Oathsworn Keeper. The 4 manifestations of mana also seem to be outside my range.

Is there something I'm missing? I feel like there's a power or level gap that's meant to be closed, but I don't see how (besides possibly doing NG+ over and over until I'm level 99, then restart the chacters, and rinse and repeat).
If "reincarnation" is what I remember it being, it isn't actually NG+. Instead, it resets the level of a character to 1 after they've hit max, but it gives a bonus I don't remember right now. Probably a stat increase.
And enemies probably will be tough if you haven't been synthesizing or using buffs and such. Try synthesizing the best equipment you can make right now and changing classes around, see if that works. I remember having a really fucking stupid tactic where I turned all four of them into the Queen class and made one of them bind then the rest of them use the attack that does really high damage if the enemy is bound. Though that was more of a meme tactic than anything lmao. Anyways, buffs and debuffs are actually surprisingly important here. I can't remember properly what the max level is but I don't recall it being 99.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019

Did you do the Palgodal content? Looks like you haven't based on that quest list. IIRC if you visit the statue northwest part of haven, you can start that. That content is somewhere between the end game superbosses and the end of the main game which is probably why you are struggling.
Also there are chickeners in a hole next to the altar of reincarnation which is the best way to grind. 2 queens with emboldening command and 2 with bind to bind the chickeners, then use defense piercing skills (like axe skill) to kill them. May or may not want to hold on that grind until you finish Palgodal though.
If "reincarnation" is what I remember it being, it isn't actually NG+. Instead, it resets the level of a character to 1 after they've hit max, but it gives a bonus I don't remember right now. Probably a stat increase.
And enemies probably will be tough if you haven't been synthesizing or using buffs and such. Try synthesizing the best equipment you can make right now and changing classes around, see if that works. I remember having a really fucking stupid tactic where I turned all four of them into the Queen class and made one of them bind then the rest of them use the attack that does really high damage if the enemy is bound. Though that was more of a meme tactic than anything lmao. Anyways, buffs and debuffs are actually surprisingly important here. I can't remember properly what the max level is but I don't recall it being 99.
The altar has two options, reincarnation which is reset to level 1 with a bonus and cross through time which is ng+. The max level is 99 + 3 reincarnations (which give +100 to all stats iirc).

Kese04

Aug 16, 2023
Did you do the Palgodal content? Looks like you haven't based on that quest list. IIRC if you visit the statue northwest part of haven, you can start that. That content is somewhere between the end game superbosses and the end of the main game which is probably why you are struggling.

I don't think I saw any hints to this. I never thought to suddenly walk into this area. Thanks, this sounds exactly like what I need.

Also there are chickeners in a hole next to the altar of reincarnation which is the best way to grind. 2 queens with emboldening command and 2 with bind to bind the chickeners, then use defense piercing skills (like axe skill) to kill them. May or may not want to hold on that grind until you finish Palgodal though.
Saw the chickens, but they'd often run once the fight started. I'll try this strat after the Sword quest stuff. Thanks. (My team is still in their default classes lol)

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
Wowo. Just in case, you can take skills from other classes and use them without being that class.
To be fair, having to switch classes each time you wanna learn a skill from some other class sucks, and so does the menu representation/interface, where just the skills from your current class is accessible/visible. I didn't bother to mix up that shit either for quite some time, and to be frank, maybe that's even a good thing because holy choice paralysis, especially if you still don't know what's actually useful and works together.

Generally, this game is way too autistic for my taste, and I don't understand the hype for it, and the whole series. It's a complete and utter failure as a h-game. Lewd scenes are scarse, the art gets immediately reused all over the few scenes that there are, and all the scenes are pretty much the same lame and boring vanilla crap, it doesn't even matter (or make a difference) whether its a boob job, anal or pussy - it's all written the same. Terribly. Hell, even the monster rape scenes are mostly super lovey dovey. It's really bad (ordinary dialogues are also on the lame and boring side, so there might be a pattern...). And don't forget to cum twice (unless you are being raped by the monster, then it's three strikes and you're out). Such a boner killer. I don't think I even had a single one. And the art doesn't help either, sure, it's cute and clean and what not, but not erotisch. At all.

Same autistic shit with the map design and the constant unlocking of shortcuts - which may be nice every once in a while, but not every single fucking time all over the place, repeatedly. And how about you draw a map the next time, instead of putting 32498 locations into a fucking tree-menu with sub-trees by cardinal direction... baahhh.

Speaking of which, so I was about level 60 and arrived at the ultimate mana lifeform (totally got BTFO trying to fight it, hahaha) which is fairly end of the game - that has "officially" ended a long time ago, this post game, or something, maybe just terrible plot structure. Anyways, so I'm pretty much through the game, minus some autistic super bosses and shit, and I was never in the "howling forest", not once, so no "red sap" for me, or piercing recepies 3 and what not. I'm not quite sure how that happened (no single story or event leads you there...), but show me that guy again who thought this game had great map design. hahaha. Not. Similar shit for the ancient mana downtown underground ghetto. I missed the guardian down there and the whole small passage to the north, and with that the tiny gear for that other bullshit event that gave me weapons that are fucking useless, because you get all the best shit for fucking free in the arena (super easy, but also boring and a timesink and just the same thing over and over again...) anyways.

And then the grind... not just of levels, but of a thousand shitty things for synthesis bullshit gacha, don't forget to sleep each "run" to that one tree with that material you need, only for rng to give you some other bullshit you do not need at all. But hey, it evens out after 2399 runs to the same fucking tree (or what not) and back to some bed (there may be some alchemy class skill that makes this easier, I don't know... it's timesink bullshit eitherway).

There's so much grind and repetition in this shit, and I'm not even referring to super autistic 3x reincarnation and NG+ and whole shit, who even does that. Oh, and you can dating sim level the girls too so you can give them new panties and teach them how to strip. Every single one of them... Fuck me, this is madness. Not it a good way. Truly madness.

Also the RPG fights are all boring, once you're leveled just fine. Autistic boss fights where you have to study every single move and weakness and resistance and crap doesn't help that either.

Oh, and you know your bullshit is going way too far, if you force your players to screenshot, copy and paste bullshit like this:

maze.jpg

...together. AHHHHHHH. Someone kill me. How is any of this fun/good gameplay? bhahahaaaa.

In short: I seriously don't understand the hype about this game. It's ass. So what is it? The fake-rabbi trap meme bonus? That's it? My ass...

Question: are the other games in this series equally terrible and terribly autistic? And are the h-scenes still lame as fuck?

Well, maybe this just isn't for me, so I didn't leave a proper review (functionally the game isn't bad, I guess, and it's properly put together too for the most part), but still I had to write this down real quick. **end of rant**

• Sad
Reactions: EricBauman

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
Oh no, you have to trial and error on an optional challenge and explore to obtain stuff without being hand guided there?
Fuck me that sure is bad design am I rite?

And having shortcuts instead of having to re-explore the whole area again too, because it's much better to not have them at all or have them straight from the beginning and not need to explore (but then you complain how you didn't get in Howling Forest, so what's the deal with that?)

I don't know a single person who had to learn the moveset of "every" boss fight, at best, it all boils down to either Durom, the 4 Incarnations of Mana, MoaL or BoM. One is the final story boss, the other 4 are the big guns for you to fight after everything else is done, and the last 2 are superbosses. There's 20+ boss fights and you had to think for 7 of them, all being endgame stuff, dude pls.

How tf do you even MISS the Mana Town guardian, all you gotta do is go down and you immediately see it, it feels more like you went in to play the game solely looking foward to the h-content and not care about anything else.

I don't even think the game itself is a masterpiece, a 9 or an 8, damn maybe it's not even a 7 if I really wanna shit on minor stuff, but story is there, the characters aren't pieces of paper, art is good and the gameplay is your typical RPGM stuff.
Nobody likes how the class system works or the grind, but calling the entire game ass because of that is just bad taste.

There's having an opinion, and then there's you who uses the word autistic at every chance they get

And to answer your question, no, strictly game wise there's quite an improvement on the future games, most notably the class system is gone, diagonal movement is added and the bed is unnecessary. H-scenes start giving you more insight on the characters but I doubt you care about that.

Last edited:

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
Oh no, you have to trial and error on an optional challenge and explore to obtain stuff without being hand guided there?
Mazes suck. And just look at the big picture. You're already coming straight from a maze, the sunlamp bullshit, and arrive at another maze, now for fun (lol) and as an optional "challenge" (it's annoying as shit, I'd rather explore my ass). So you say, nahhh thank you, maybe another day, so you pass through the ancient ghetto and right into the next mana maze, because the author heared we player like mazes so much so he put a self-looping/repeating shit maze into your mana maze, just for shits and giggles. And another right away! All the way to the mana lifeforce dude.

This shit is indeed super autistic and mechanical (as in compulsive/anal).
It's madness.

it feels more like you went in to play the game solely looking foward to the h-content
Yeah, it's called playing hard mode. Good luck finding the little sex there is for the only (proper) guy in the game that every single girl (and monster) lusts after... because mana, uhhhh, and there goes my boner... (did I already mention how bad the writing, the h-scenes in particular, is?)

That little gap (to move to the southern screen) on the first screen in ancient mana ghetto is easily missed, because the layout of the town leads your eyes right back up again. See:

ancient piss town.jpg

The only thing that makes me want to explore this area more is the "small gear". I knew where it fucking was the whole time. That shiny thing on that little "balcony" in the fucking sunlamp (another dumb shit maze, btw.) you can't get to. I just didn't know how to get there. My idea was that I could maybe jump down there from the floor above, so I searched the sunlamp to get there somehow, which of course is futile. The hint would be to enter the sunlamp from another spot/outside, but for this the map layout doesn't work at all in the grand scheme of things (in my mind the sunlamp is clearly not reachable by that spot east of the ancient ghetto guardien down there in ancient ghetto... the sunlamp is a huge rectangle, and if this would work, then ancient ghetto would be in the sunlamp, but it clearly isn't, that shit is clearly far apart...)

But fine...

fine, fine.

As for
And having shortcuts instead of having to re-explore the whole area again too...
is retarded, because sword teleportation exists (unfortunately a proper map doesn't for proper navigation and maintaining of a mental model...). So instead, what really is happening by opening/unlocking all those little shortcuts is that you take a perfectly navigatable, albeit annoying map and then you split it all up into an autistic maze. Yay! More mazes! It's fucking stupid (if not used sparingly/wisely - which is not what's happening here). And the map is only annoying to begin with, exactly because those fucking shortcuts are shoehorned into it autistically/mechanically every single time, all over the place. If you'd stop doing that, maybe you'd get a pleasant map to begin with...

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
You're already coming straight from a maze
The Sunlamlp isn't a maze, if you think having to explore and a maze are the same I recommend you don't touch any RPG game again, the only part of the Sunlamp that IS a maze is the spike section, and you can just go through the spikes if you don't feel like doing it too.

on the first screen in ancient mana ghetto is easily missed, because the layout of the town leads your eyes right back up again. See
My guy it is literally 4 squares of movement you cannot tell me that your vision is so damn narrow that you can't see the path besides the crumbled floor.
I'd give you the benefit of the doubt if the colors were hard to distinct but dude...

is retarded, because sword teleportation exists
So not only do you confuse exploration for a maze again but you also ignore that the shortcuts lead to the end of the area and closer to the Guardian when there's one instead of taking you to the beginning of the next area, which is what the swords are for.

All I'm getting for your rant and this reply of yours is that you don't have the most basic of attention spans, don't like exploring and everytime there's even the slighest deviation from the main path you call it a maze

Last edited:

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
I'd give you the benefit of the doubt if the colors were hard to distinct but dude...
It's more of a mental than a visual thing (the representation of the world/map that ends up in my mind), I guess. And once you've walked past that thing with no reason to go back...

All I'm getting for your rant and this reply of yours is that you don't have the most basic of attention spans, don't like exploring and everytime there's even the slighest deviation from the main path you call it a maze
Look, if there are more dead-ends than there is path that leads to where you want to go, then it is a maze. The sunlamp is 100% a maze (with jumpy button switch maze on top... isn't that bullshit also in there? I can't remember...), whether you like it or not. It's as if a depth-first search algorithm produced every single floor - which is very much the very first (or second) textbook maze algorithm. Similarly, if there are so many doors/paths to the next screen/floor such that you can't remember which one leads to where, then it also is pretty much a maze, just of a different kind. For example, take that cave that connects all of the northern map (warehouse, ...) in some funky way that goes against my mental model of the map/world at large and that you "unlock" or open up shortcut after shortcut, bit for bit. It's a maze.

Anyways, can we at least agree on the fact that it's a *complete* and utter failure as a h-game? I can't remember a game with scenes this lackluster and so shameless in reuse of art. Each character has basically one picture that gets reused for the second scene already (and the third, if there is any), with minor variation. Shameless.

:whistle:

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
A maze is a location designed to be a puzzle
If you can clearly see that a room won't lead you anywhere if you go in it, then it's a room, not a dead end.
If there's a place you want to go but you gotta circumvent a hole on the ground, that's path obstruction, not a maze.

I went back to go through all of Sunlamp because of you and did it first try while going back unnecessarilly to see of your so called dead ends, they don't exist, there's almost always an item or it's just a room, I haven't played Blight in 6 months mind you.

And yes, I can remember where I go and where I haven't been to because I make a mental note of "there was a path back there", it's that simple, and my memory isn't even good

Finally, no, I don't, because your opinion is based and relies solely on "I can't remember shit so it must be autistic"
Your CG logic that this game is shameless because it reuses them (once) is flawed because 90% of HRPGs do it too or have very little scenes

Last edited:

EricBauman

Jun 15, 2020
Jesus Christ. Just accept these games are not for you and move on. At this point you've written more words about it than most people who actually enjoyed it.

Also, calling a game "autistic" because it's more complex than going from point A to point B in a straight line is stupid AND shitty as hell.

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
Okay, but can we at least all agree on the fact that the paper-thin and 100% interchangeable characters are maybe the weakest part of it all? They all just want chad's mana/dick, because he's chad and got the mana. The end. There are no characters. There is 0 - zero - tension (I went back and counted). There is no character development, like at all. Not even for chad. And maybe, just maybe that's mostly why the h-scenes are all weaksauce deluxe?

I mean, my favorite h-scene is the second one with the snow lady monster down in the dwell in the purple bitch forest to the east: she's got more plot development and her story is more touching than all the main cast together! At first she can't even talk, a force of nature that devours chad, and then in the second scene she's showing chad her lovely side. Just the hope of bringing him to a warmer place... and maybe... maybe.... three strikes, and you're out. Unfortunately it was all just a dream.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
It's also a really basic "left-had" maze design too lol, like this is elementary school level stuff.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I mean, my favorite h-scene is the second one with the snow lady monster down in the dwell in the purple bitch forest to the east: she's got more plot development and her story is more touching than all the main cast together! At first she can't even talk, a force of nature that devours chad, and then in the second scene she's showing chad her lovely side. Just the hope of bringing him to a warmer place... and maybe... maybe.... three strikes, and you're out. Unfortunately it was all just a dream.
That's two different snowgirls though.

Kese04

Aug 16, 2023
I've completed the adventure log, and recently defeated Eerie Spawn. I'm level 60. As for what's left, is it grinding chickens until I can take on the 4 manifestations of mana? Then Mother of All Life? I saw their stats on the wiki, so I was wondering if there was another story arc to give me more levels (like with the Palgodal content) before them, since otherwise, it seems to be up to 40 levels of just chicken grinding.

EricBauman

Jun 15, 2020
I've completed the adventure log, and recently defeated Eerie Spawn. I'm level 60. As for what's left, is it grinding chickens until I can take on the 4 manifestations of mana? Then Mother of All Life? I saw their stats on the wiki, so I was wondering if there was another story arc to give me more levels (like with the Palgodal content) before them, since otherwise, it seems to be up to 40 levels of just chicken grinding.

From your list, you're missing some quests from Palgadol. But aside from that yeah, you'll probably need to spend a bit of time fighting chickeners.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes