RPGM Abandoned Equellum/Fabula: Carmen Cygni [v0.4.1.0] [Gaikiken]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

DicksInSpace

Jul 8, 2017
Taken from discord but should be same message from november.

Update About this Game This game, in its current form, is essentially dead. I will not update this game anymore, and will not be looking to fix bugs. It will be as is.

Why? To be clear, this is mostly on the engine, RPG Maker and myself. I'm no programmer, and a lot of this game depended on a lot of plugins that aren't updated anymore. The plugins were, often at odds with one another. Troubleshooting and debugging was usually a nightmare, because sometimes I couldn't figure out what the issue is. The biggest problem with this, was mostly on me however. The game had no direction at the start, and I eventually corrected course, but it was too late. There were to many features, to many different directions and I kept adding characters. I learned pretty quickly what it meant for a project to go out of scope. I should've started small and expanded on sequels and so on.

What will happen with the characters? I will continue using the characters in different things. I have some image sets I want to do, maybe put them in merch of sorts, etc. They're not gonna go anywhere and I know a lot of them are pretty beloved. So don't worry, you'll see more of them.

What's next? I have game ideas, and they are already in motion. It will continue focusing on horsegirls. Check the following announcement. I have someone helping out, and I will be doing something interesting moving forward. The next projects will be smaller, more concise. I will make sure to take my time to carefully plan them out.

Will you ever return back to Carmen Cygni? Yes, but not right away. I wanna build some confidence and more experience in making these projects and games. It may take a long time, but I'll do my best. I just ask for patience.

How do I feel about it? Not particularly good. I don't want to let it go, but it was such a point of stress and the important part about game developing is realizing when something isn't working and maybe going back to the drawing board. I know people really liked what I had going here, but on the backend the game was put together poorly. I also felt really guilty about people's high expectations. I had a lot of help on script reading, bug fixes, etc, but I was really frustrated with the whole thing, but every new update had so many bugs, so many conflicts, etc. Another big issue for me was my art kept changing/improving a little so there was so many changes.

Am I 100% sure? Nothing is absolute. I may surprise you all someday, and show up with an update. I want to take all of this, and redo it differently. For now, I want to start small and start putting more things out. I want to get away from RPG Maker however. I grew to hate it a lot. So I've been looking into Godot and doing some mini courses on it just to get the basics of it. I apologize if this isn't what most people want to hear, but its the decision I had to struggle with for a bit, but I haven't been working on it, and every attempt made me really frustrated. It has been a long running project I had for years and its not easy to just let it rest. There are tons of things in motion, however so I'll make sure to make future projects worth their salt!

Reactions: Raikoblast

FutabaSakura8

May 21, 2021
Just decided to see what this game has been uo to after ages. Unfortunate hiatus, dude has a fantastic style tho so i hope the next project goes smoothly. not big on roz-chan's redesign tho

Reactions: Papa_Stalin78
3.70 star(s) 11 Votes