Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,402 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,312 17.4%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,704 36.0%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,066 27.5%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,817 24.2%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,569 20.9%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,364 31.4%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,681 22.4%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 752 10.0%

• Total voters

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Because it's not the same game.

It is never said in the game that Christianity didn't exist for Vikings. It's just Nox and Yrsa, not really being aware of it, but I'll adjust the script to make them vaguely aware of it, especially for Nox who is supposed to be the most knowledgeable. Indeed, having Nox asking who the fuck is Christ might sound a bit weird. For simple villagers, it would make sense, but for Nox, I agree she should have heard about it. I'll correct this point for the next update. But they still won't be sure about Christ's timeline, as Vikings never used such reference to count years. That is something MC will probably teach them once he figures the exact year ;). (Btw some already found the year with the few hints provided in the demo ;))

For the tea, yeah I admit I was a bit too quick on that, I needed her to have a random drink and I took what came first without thinking lol. I'll replace it with a cup of mead then (Mead was a sweet, fermented drink made from honey, water and spices), it's just one or two renders to remake and a few dialogues to adjust. Those lazy Vikings...they could have traveled to China at least! Sigh...:LOL:

As for the books, the book I mentioned existed at that time. Now the fact that it is in the hands of some random Viking girl is debatable indeed. To my defense, Astrid explained the clan got some from plunders and as no one care about those books among the Vikings, she took them. But let's say that part is obviously fiction, Astrid is a bit special, in advance for her time and age, let's say. Now, I agree that her way of speaking might sound too modern. I'm not even fluent in English, so in Old English even less^^. If someone would like to send a proposal for rephrasing her lines, feel free to do so, I'm open to adjustments when it improves the immersion, thanks. (y)

Thanks for the nice comments :)
And as you kindly asked, here more information about the contents that are available or planned for the future

Regarding the contents that are provided for supporters:
- First tiers are mostly news about the updates, a few previews, WT, polls and some lore cards like the two I attached at the end of this post
- Fan tiers, are access to the beta version of the updates a bit earlier, and some girl galleries, dev polls, and more lore
- Big fan tiers, are some more complete scene previews and special renders, side stories etc.
- Huge fan tiers, are usually lewder stuff, or requests

Regarding the specific tiers where NTR/Extreme are mentioned :
From time to time, I enjoy doing some stuff around stomach deformation, cumflation, giant dicks, and things like that, as it can be sometimes seen in SandStorm. That's what I mean by extreme kinks. It's usually with creatures, and gods, thus the NTR mention, as it's not necessary with the MC (but it can be with the MC godly dick too).
I don't like vore, heaving beating, scatophilia and stuff like that, so don't expect that kind of contents ^^

That said, I confirm again that SnowStorm won't have any of those things integrated into the playable game. I really don't want to make a game again where I have to make an optional path for each controversial kink ;). There will be some branches and choices, but I'm much more interested in the story and girls possibilities to decide those branches. It doesn't mean it will be always vanilla, there is some male domination planned for some girls/clan (I won't say who/which clan for now, you'll see in due time ;)

The development of the story of some girls :
As there are many romanceable girls, supporters will have more power over the development compared to SandStorm.
There are obviously 3 main girls who are linked to the main story and who will progress according to the plan I have for them, no matter what. And there are also about 6 other girls that can be romanced too and whose independent story will progress according to their popularity. For those 6 girls, there will be dev polls after each update, to decide which girls you want to see again on the following update. The first dev poll will happen after the release of the definitive v0.1, as in the demo, you don't get to really know all of them yet.

That said, see you next year for new adventures !

PS: As promised, below Lizgard's and Yrsa's Lore Cards
(Yeah you got me, I'm trying to attract more members to Dark Ravens and Bloody Bears :whistle:)

View attachment 1571305
View attachment 1571323
thanks for the detailed answer.I understand your approach with this one and I'd still play it for the story even if lewds are vanilla. Would love to see your attempt at a dedicated darker game in the future but i guess it wouldn't be as popular. Either way keep up the great work
And Ravens for the win!

vogelbeest

Jan 9, 2021
But they still won't be sure about Christ's timeline, as Vikings never used such reference to count years.
Well, the AD timeline did not start counting when Jesus was born, it was calculated later : (info wiki) This dating system was devised in 525 by Dionysius Exiguus of Scythia Minor, but was not widely used until the 9th century. Traditionally, English follows Latin usage by placing the "AD" abbreviation before the year number, though it is also found after the year.

Very peculiar fact : The date of birth of Jesus of Nazareth is not stated in the gospels or in any secular text, but most scholars assume a date of birth between 6 BC and 4 BC. (think there is mention of him in roman archives)

Also scandinavia was later then most parts of europe to be converted to christianity, so ultimately later to make use of the "AD" year count aswell... (bibles in those days were solely in Latin, so it's not unlikely if vikings knew (of) latin it was from bibles)

Reactions: GleenXstudio

Franky28

Oct 4, 2020
Mis a jour le 02.11.22 (v0.2.5)

Merci pour ce jeu. Je recommande !!
Voici la mise a jour en Français de la v0.2.5. J'ai fait deux versions, avec ou sans mod (inclue dans la trad)

Thanks for this game. I recommend it!
Here is the French update of v0.2.5. I made two versions, with and without mod (included in the translation).

Last edited:

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Not as interested in viking as egyptian culture. Also I think rion and nora are good looking than most of the girls in this game, not sure to continue playing the next ch or not. :unsure:
As the story is mc helping the clan to be stronger, we can take the other clan's girls to form a harem by conquering the other clans!:cool:
Btw, isn't yrsa as aloy in Horizon Zero Dawn?:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: punisher2099

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
Great start, the bloody bears was the most exciting path for me personally because it's filled with strong female warriors especially Sonja, though I wish Astrja was part of it somehow since she's my favorite character but I don't find her clan to be as interesting as she is...I may follow the white wolves path later on just to explore her content (if it's the only way).

Strong positives: Visuals are stunning, the story is unique and wasn't done before if I'm not wrong...Character models are also unique or modified enough to stand out from the typical ones used in DAZ.

Criticism: Game over screens aren't necessarily a bad thing but I didn't expect to see one during the english knights encounter
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also one thing that affected the immersion a bit was when the player understood what Norse people were saying even though the main character didn't capture a thing; The player and the MC should have the same point of view in my opinion because later on you will be making important decisions based on the in game character's knowledge and as a player if you know more than that it will feel like cheating.

Last edited:

Billdemort

Nov 28, 2020
Pic 3...um...yeah. Hurricane lanterns rely on technology and an understanding of physics that not only didn't exist in the middle ages (1000 years to soon) they didn't have an inkling of the science and technologies leading UP to them either. Bout the only thing they *might* have been able to manage is the glass work. And even that might be a stretch considering it'd have to survive some pretty high temps without cracking. Hell, they wouldn't have access to the fuel either. Those things ain't running on rendered tallow or olive/veg oils. Even the wick uses tech they didn't have.
Looking through all those pics, that's what catches your eye? Historical accuracy? You may be looking at the wrong kinds of games. Besides, the outfits, haircuts, perfect teeth, and all around cleanliness of the people are all historical inaccuracies too. But a VN featuring nothing but dirty people with matted braids and rotten teeth wouldn't do very well. Let the creators take their liberties, and just enjoy the ride.

Tr4visT

Aug 27, 2019
I was thinking about this game the other day. I really like the premise and feel like you are on to something here. I voted for 2 but I tried all 3 tribes and look forward to seeing the direction they all go in. Keep up the good work!

vogelbeest

Jan 9, 2021
and all around cleanliness of the people are all historical inaccuracies
Vikings were known for their excellent hygiene. ... Excavations of Viking sites have turned up tweezers, razors, combs and ear cleaners made from animal bones and antlers. Vikings also bathed at least once a week—much more frequently than other Europeans of their day—and enjoyed dips in natural hot springs. (also sweat houses)

You are right not to emphasise historical correctness too much, yet there are alot misconceptions about earlier periods...
Ofcourse everything is relative, you simply can't compete with running water (showers), electricity (washing machines) etc...

NyVar

May 23, 2020
Really liked all the clans :) Although most of my fav females are White Wolves and Ravens.
Bloody Bears are where i personaly would fit in :)

Kiiind of anoyed White Wolves only care about gold xD But that's just me. Guess that's just the "romantic" in me disagreeing with our history :p But its a fantasy-game, not a saga. So won't complain. I enjoy it very much!

Ravens was my 2nd clan :) The cave and no personal space aside, it's how i imagine true anarchy to work! :D Also beautiful women and mystisism.

Bloody Bears is my fav tho, as mentioned earlier :D even though i so far only like the cock sucking slut when it comes to the women xD ;D Their camp and comradery is what drove me towards them. A brotherhood like an Motorsycle Club f.ex.

Can't wait for further updates :)

PS! A little confused with the start of the game and where it's going, and the "end"(?) of episode 1. But im sure i'll figure that out as it develops.

NyVar

May 23, 2020
Bout the only thing they *might* have been able to manage is the glass work. And even that might be a stretch considering it'd have to survive some pretty high temps without cracking.
Glass was only in jewelry, trinkets and (_some_) lanterns of the sort. There was only so-called shutters on windows. If that's what you ment :)
Doubt the game is ment to be 100% accurate xD would not only be hard, but very expensive to make. Buying models and/or creating their own.

Besides, the outfits, haircuts, perfect teeth, and all around cleanliness of the people are all historical inaccuracies too.
Bracers and "perfect" hair by todays standard aside, it's not an inaccuracy at all xD Combs, brushes, TOOTHbrushes and douches are not an unusual find amungs excavations, atleast not in Norway. Washing hands and face before every meal, morning and night was and still is very common. Not because of todays cleanliness, but because it has been passed down the generations. Some sagas also mention certain rituals. and was written with only passed down knowlage and tradition. :)

Not saying they probably didn't smell, have crooked teeth or had cheese on their cocks, but considering in their day an age they were germophobes and dustbunny killers. with hair-rings as accesories found more common than trade equipment i'd say thats pretty spot on, mate :)

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
Interesting start. Getting some 13th warrior vibes here.

A small thing that's very confusing about the start: at first I thought MC is the same character as the one in Sandstorm. So I gave him the same (American English) name. That didn't make much sense, when I learned he's someone else and actually from Spain. Should have called him Antonio! Dammit. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: HogRocket

vogelbeest

Jan 9, 2021
A small thing that's very confusing about the start: at first I thought MC is the same character as the one in Sandstorm. So I gave him the same (American English) name. That didn't make much sense, when I learned he's someone else and actually from Spain. Should have called him Antonio! Dammit. ;)
MC only says he's from spain if you tell the 3 clan heads you're NOT english.... so far there's really not much info who he really is or where he's coming from....
And even then it's pretty much choosing to lie so spain seems a safe place to not be called out on it...

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
MC only says he's from spain if you tell the 3 clan heads you're NOT english.... so far there's really not much info who he really is or where he's coming from....
Nah, I told them I was "English". But still when MC talks to Nox towards the end of that path he tells her he's from Spain and also tells her his full name, which is obviously Spanish, except for the silly English first name I gave him.

vogelbeest

Jan 9, 2021
Nah, I told them I was "English". But still when MC talks to Nox towards the end of that path he tells her he's from Spain and also tells her his full name, which is obviously Spanish, except for the silly English first name I gave him.
That's all info you give during the questioning by Nox under influence of that truth serum, i myself was under the impression the MC is just feeding her some random info to make a somewhat believable story. After he says his name and where he's from Nox even states "Lets stop here, i don't know why the truth serum doesn't work on you" and MC thoughts say "Busted!"...
So i wouldn't made the conclusion he's told his real name yet...

Last edited:

befan

May 24, 2018
Wow! I think this VN has more potential than Sandstorm, but I am very worried about the 3 paths. Seems like another convoluted decision that will make the game too ambitious. Way too many games die by that decision, but here's to hoping!

Arus078

Oct 17, 2021
Because it's not the same game.

It wasn't said in the game that Christianity didn't exist for Vikings. It's just Nox and Yrsa, not really being aware of it, but I'll adjust the script to make them vaguely aware of it, especially for Nox who is supposed to be the most knowledgeable. Indeed, Nox asking who the fuck is Christ might sound a bit weird. For simple villagers, it would make sense, but for Nox, I agree she should have heard about it. I'll correct this point for the next update. But they still won't be sure about Christ's timeline, as Vikings did not use that reference to count years.

For the tea, yeah I admit I was a bit too quick on that, lol. I'll replace it with a cup of mead then (Mead was a sweet, fermented drink made from honey, water and spices), it's just one or two renders to remake and a few dialogues to adjust. Those lazy Vikings...they could have traveled to China at least! :LOL:

As for the books, a few chronicles existed at that time. Now, the fact that some are in the hands of a random Viking girl is debatable indeed. Astrid explained the clan got some from plunders and as no one cared about those books among the Vikings, she took them. And I kinda agree that Astrid's way of speaking might sound too modern, I'll see if I can adjust this a bit while keeping her cheeky attitude. Not that easy when you are not fluent in Old English lol.

But come on guys....you are shocked by a cup of tea, but you are totally fine with Astrja's axe emitting blue light?? :unsure: :ROFLMAO: Of course, it's fiction! ;)

Thanks for the nice comments :)
And as you asked, here more information about the contents that are available or planned for the future

PS: As promised, below Lizgard's and Yrsa's Lore Cards
(Yeah you got me, I'm trying to attract more members to Dark Ravens and Bloody Bears :whistle:)

I have a doubt when choosing a tribe can we only interact with the girls that belong to it or can we interact with all the girls in the game?

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I have a doubt when choosing a tribe can we only interact with the girls that belong to it or can we interact with all the girls in the game?
Choosing a tribe provides you more interaction possibilities with the girls of that clan, but it doesn't prevent you to interact with the girls from other tribes, even romancing some of them might be possible (when it makes some sense ofc).
It's not 3 separate games, one for each clan. It's still one game with one main story. Just different allies, side stories and MC attitudes. In one playthrough, it's possible to play 70/75% of the contents of the game. The 3 clans will provide a quite different experience of the game (imo) to make it interesting to have 3 playthroughs (for those who want), but there are more scenes and events in common than it might appear at first in the demo, so playing only one playthrough gives already a lot of contents.

I guess the full gameplay and structure will be clearer in the v0.1/v0.2 ;).

To patient a bit, below a few previews :)

Astrid S1 - Market 13.png
Yrsa S1 - Home 01.png DR Cave S1 - Bedroom 04.png

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 43 Votes