Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Abandoned EraStorm - Episode 1 : SandStorm [v0.3.5] Multi-Mod [ShaddyModda]

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Hi, thank you very much for your mods. My antivirus (windows defender) detects a Trojan when I unzip the mod. KR
Do not trust Windows Defender when it comes to Python. It's been a known issue for several years and has to do with their heuristics being overly sensitive for raw or bytecode Python, giving a lot of false-positives.

Reactions: McZoy

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
Do not trust Windows Defender when it comes to Python. It's been a known issue for several years and has to do with their heuristics being overly sensitive for raw or bytecode Python, giving a lot of false-positives.
many thanks for your prompt answer.

Reactions: ShaddyGames

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 1030381

Windows Defender says you put a backdoor into this mod. That's a serious problem.
Plenty of people have downloaded the mod, and haven't gotten any warnings.

MilneCat

Jun 1, 2020
I have downloaded and enjoyed some of your mods, and I have downloaded a lot of raw python (not just for these games and mods, but also for work).

I have had no other false positives.

I am also not the first to report this in this thread, and most people are oblivious to backdoors in their systems...so discounting it as a known issue is a bit of a disappointment.

I have to sadly say I'll pass on this one.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Peek on [yel]Zoe[ec], then Ha while they're changing
I have downloaded and enjoyed some of your mods, and I have downloaded a lot of raw python (not just for these games and mods, but also for work).

I am also not the first to report this in this thread, and most people are oblivious to backdoors in their systems...so discounting it as a known issue is a bit of a disappointment.

Well I don't know what else to tell you then, I just downloaded my mod from the mega linked and scanned with both Norton, and Malware bytes, and got no hits. Both are up to date. I checked for updates before I scanned it.

1613089720203.png

Reactions: BaasB and Mario4don

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018

The .rpy files are text files. Feel free to open them in your favorite text editor or pass them over to a fellow backdoor expert for examination.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

I've also downloaded it to check and neither windows defender or bitdefender reports any problem