O&M's

May 18, 2018
Do the destiny points do anything? Can't seem to find a place to spend them but it says they can be used between campaigns so I guess there's a use for them.

And what is a good party setup?
I'm kinda struggling to get anything done above novice level dungeons, I use warrior or paladin up front, cleric second, rogue/mage/noble third and ranger last.
Destiny Points are on your master save, you can use them when starting a new game to modify it.

maikochan

Dec 6, 2019
I'm kinda struggling to get anything done above novice level dungeons, I use warrior or paladin up front, cleric second, rogue/mage/noble third and ranger last.
My favourite is probably 1st-Warrior/Paladin/Alchemist; 2nd-(whatever); 3rd-Cleric/Maid; 4th-Ranger/whatever

Warrior is good up front. Cleric I like in the third rank as they can still bash from there if they need to, and it turns on their mass heal. Paladin is good in first or second rank, depending on what you need them to do. If you need their healing, they need to be in the second rank, if they're just there to do damage, then first. Ranger is good in the back and can do both damage, debuffing and emergency healing. Mages I've found are a bit odd, as they can do a lot of alpha damage, but also seem to have a lot of focus on DoTs. Early on, DoTs are probably going to be able to do more consistent damage.

Second rank is probably the biggest 'flex' slot, I think, particularly for the Rogue and Noble who can move back and forth as needed easily. Maid can also do most of her support stuff from there. A more 'battle' cleric can also do good here with Shield of Faith, but as mentioned, you lose her mass heal ability. A higher level mage with Flameblast is also a great single-target nuker. Particularly if you can get Loral with a Crown of Intelligence.

One strategy I like is taking a warrior or other tanky starting class and making them an Alchemist and giving them the shotgun, and putting them in the front rank. They can be very durable there and do a good amount of damage too.

Prisoners make great frontliners to just be damage sponges as well, so it might be worth getting a girl cursed with that class early on just to protect the others. Cowgirl can be a good tanky type as well and depending on how you want to use her, can be good offensively or as a backup healer. Pet can be good in any rank, Bark can do good damage with a muzzle from the back ranks and her melee attacks and counter tokens make her decent towards the front too. Need to be wary of her counter attacks moving her out of the back if that's where you want her.

In general, having a girl who can cure DoTs (Ranger, Maid, Cleric, Pet to a lesser extent) can be vital in some fights. Having ways to do AoE attacks or DoTs, or ideally, both (One of the Meguca as a ranger, for example, or a Maid with the pink duster and Dust Storm) is also handy. Having ways to remove enemy buffing tokens like a maid or ranger can really smooth over some fights like with goblins. Of course, healing is important too, and Clerics make probably the best there, but having a backup maid, ranger or cowgirl doesn't hurt either.

Also, I believe the team of a Warrior, Rogue, Cleric and Mage gives a special bonus. I think there's others, but can't recall any off the top of my head.

esxay

Nov 24, 2017
Do the destiny points do anything? Can't seem to find a place to spend them but it says they can be used between campaigns so I guess there's a use for them.

When you start new estate with destiny points above 0, you'll see this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mage/ranger/Pet (Bark), Cleric, Noble/rogue/Maid, warrior/cow. Watch out for stage coach upgrades, focus on base stats and ponygirl jobs. Don't ignore slave jobs.
Avoid taking characters with low stats, especially constitution.
Any characters should go for perks that give tokens at combat start. (Str for mage, blocks for warrior, dodging for rogue and ranger)

Gierka

Dec 2, 2017

Destiny points are for modifying new playthroughs, you can't use them anywhere except when you start a new game.

As for the setup, almost anything can work as long as you have enough healing.
Personally I've been running Paladin, Warrior, Cleric/Cowgirl (Tomo got captured, poor girl) and whatever, Rogue works fine, because stackable DoTs are seemingly the only reason to deal with healing on the enemies team. A mage is fine too.

The most important part is to pay attention to stats. Just because you can nab a purple Veteran Cleric from the Stagecoach, doesn't mean she'll make a good cleric and the best course of action is to outright switch her to, say, a Warrior, because she's an Aggressive Brat with 20 Strength and 5 Wisdom.
For example, my aforementioned Tomo has like +200% healing power due to her "SPECIAL" stats, quirks and maxed service tattoo (the purple one). She also does literally zero damage with every possible attack. As such, I need no other healer on the team.

Reactions: Llynethil

Llynethil

Oct 7, 2018
Thx, I'll try and look into all that.

I've played turn based games before but I've never played Darkest dungeon, and there's a ton to figure out in this game.

Btw is it worth spending mana on rerolling the characters objectives, some of them seem pretty iffy, like my fireball mage got one that says do 0 damage in a dungeon run :s

O&M's

May 18, 2018
Thx, I'll try and look into all that.

I've played turn based games before but I've never played Darkest dungeon, and there's a ton to figure out in this game.

Btw is it worth spending mana on rerolling the characters objectives, some of them seem pretty iffy, like my fireball mage got one that says do 0 damage in a dungeon run :s
I'd hold off on rerolling unless it's someone you REALLY want to invest into. If they are, you should reroll if all 3 objectives are difficult/time consuming. Try to hold off if you can still accomplish one of them.

Reactions: Llynethil

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
I'd hold off on rerolling unless it's someone you REALLY want to invest into. If they are, you should reroll if all 3 objectives are difficult/time consuming. Try to hold off if you can still accomplish one of them.
and you can also too, restart game with 0 mana rerolls using some points and if you think it makes game too easy can turn multiple grapple, more hp on enemies,... your call

Sadan_sa

Jun 6, 2021
1. An "import error" item which shouldn't be in the catalog.
2. A "debug item" which shouldn't be in the catalog.
3. Broken Glasses, which are repaired at the end of a dungeon and thus can't be added to the catalog.
4. The loser suit, counterpart of the winner suit, obtained from the All or Nothing item.

1-3 will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for sniffing them out.
Hi, I found a bug. When the Russian interface the meaning > and < is not displayed correctly. In English and German translation everything is correct
IMG_20240623_174352.jpg
IMG_20240623_174413.jpg

Llynethil

Oct 7, 2018
I just had a new adventurer arrive with green text and box around it, does this mean this adventurer is a stronger version of the ones you normally get? Seems to have more overall stats too then usual ones :eek:

Massah

Feb 29, 2020
I don't want to trigger it and lose one of my best guild members, anyone know what exactly the oozing latex contraption does?

maikochan

Dec 6, 2019
I just had a new adventurer arrive with green text and box around it, does this mean this adventurer is a stronger version of the ones you normally get? Seems to have more overall stats too then usual ones :eek:
In prior versions, you could see the relative likelihood of a girl's stat rolls on their sheet. Apparently there wasn't room after the UI update to keep this in. In exchange, you can see a general idea of it by the colour of the outline of their name and portrait.

Grey is common or very common, basically fodder. As mentioned, green, blue and purple are increasing 'rarities' with higher stats. It's not uncommon for purple girls to have a 19 or 20 in one of their stats. Above purple is orange which can be either 'legendary', meaning extremely lucky stat rolls, or a unique preset girl.

By upgrading the base stat upgrade line of the carriage, you will in effect be increasing the likelihood of girls spawning with green, blue or higher rarities. I think preset girls have a fixed spawn rate independent of any upgrades you've made, but I have nothing to back that up with.

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
You forgot that some equipment has easier to achieve unlocks like taking a job for 3 days. It displays the unlock requirements when you hover over the item. Even shows it in that screenshot with the end dungeon dealing 0 damage tooltip. When its cleared the padlock is broken and you can just take the item off and even equip it freely on anyone you want from then on.

Llynethil

Oct 7, 2018
Does anyone know what item you can get to have 6/6 latex class?

I have an outfit, underwear and bunch of trinkets, but it's either weapon or egg slot to fill the last one, I can only get 5/6 equipped on a character.

Toonzie

May 23, 2019
The best composition common class in my opinion would be :
Warrior
Paladin
Cleric
Mage

Use warrior's guard to guard every member of the team while keep stacking block and block+ buffs

Use paladin in 2nd line to either attack front line enemy or heal every team members depends on situations (paladin blessing is very good for healing every teammates for 3 HP every turn and can stack up to 9 hp per turn)

Use cleric in 3rd line to cleanse debuffs, heal, and attack enemies in 3-4 line with one of her skill i forget the name (the skill also inflict decent DoT damage)

Mage in 4th line is your main dps, always protect her with warrior first. Mage can attack 1-2 and 2-3 line with decent DoT, combine with cleric DoT, you can obliterate enemie's middle line very quickly.

I wanna include alchemist to the composition but unless you got shotgun equipped, alchemist is just pain in the ass. Because if you still using musket, you need to use reload in order to get rid of your blind after using every skills.

Rogue is only good at dealing DoT to 1 enemy, That's her flaws

Noble is for risk taker player, because she depends on her riposte and dodging, and she doesn't always Dodge the enemy.

Ranger is mainly used for support in 4th line to cleanse buffs and suppresing fire the enemy to get rid of enemy's blocks or Dodge tokens. Her attack don't deal decent damage, That's her flaws

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes