Mod Ren'Py Erotica [Ep. 13] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Ahhh... I see that. So that's where the confusion is coming from. Definitely a moderator error imho. Those old links should be entirely removed... but I can't say it surprises me much (mumbles curses under my breath).
Yeah, maybe I will see if I can ask someone.

Before I do that, is that version actually different than episode 2 since it does have extended there?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, maybe I will see if I can ask someone.

Before I do that, is that version actually different than episode 2 since it does have extended there?
When I diffed there was nothing in Ep1 that wasn't in Ep2... images or script wise... only the new content of Ep2 was different (other than grammatical/code alterations). That's what I have in my notes anyway. If there was a difference I would have already bitched and moaned about having to deal with two different versions :ROFLMAO:. My initial release was on "extended" so that's all I have to go by... I don't have a non-extended version of Ep1 so I'm guessing it was issued shortly after the VN's initial release for whatever reason.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
When I diffed there was nothing in Ep1 that wasn't in Ep2... images or script wise... only the new content of Ep2 was different (other than grammatical/code alterations). That's what I have in my notes anyway. If there was a difference I would have already bitched and moaned about having to deal with two different versions :ROFLMAO:
Alright, then wonder why they labeled extended, although looking at Patreon, episode 1 is just called extended...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Alright, then wonder why they labeled extended, although looking at Patreon, episode 1 is just called extended...
Same in the VN's OP changelog:
1687058077727.png
Maybe the non-extended was an attempt to issue a public version that was crippled in some way, I really don't know. What I do know is that everything that was in Ep1 "extended" is inside Ep2.

Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
View attachment 2705086
Maybe the non-extended was an attempt to issue a public version that was crippled in some way, I really don't know. What I do know is that everything that was in Ep1 "extended" is inside Ep2.
Alright, that's all I need to know, sent a message and hopefully it gets removed then.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
When I diffed there was nothing in Ep1 that wasn't in Ep2... images or script wise... only the new content of Ep2 was different (other than grammatical/code alterations). That's what I have in my notes anyway. If there was a difference I would have already bitched and moaned about having to deal with two different versions :ROFLMAO:. My initial release was on "extended" so that's all I have to go by... I don't have a non-extended version of Ep1 so I'm guessing it was issued shortly after the VN's initial release for whatever reason.
View attachment 2705086
Erotica [Ep. 2] [Daniels K]

It has now been removed, the uploader told me they left episode 1 in due to size difference and they figured it was different than episode 2. So, clean hands :coffee:

fatenite1

Apr 17, 2021
Well, normally the answer to your question is an easy "yes" since a simple conditional switch could be added to the options to make them visible or not on the fly... but I'll have to look into it further with DK's coding since he calls for the side image on every single dialogue statement in his scripts. To demonstrate what I'm referencing take note of this random snippet:
Python:
    scene 2ass351 with dissolve
    he p "Ohhhhhh..."
    p p2 "What? What's wrong?"
    he p "The room... It's spinning with me..."
    p p2 "Don't fall again! I got you!"
In the above the characters are referenced by their variables (this is normal), in this case "he" for Heather and "p" for the Player. Now, note the next segment (in this particular example) right after the char variable being "p"/"p2". These specifically call the side image to be used during that specific dialogue statement. They correlate to the side image file names as seen in the pic here:
View attachment 2705030

This type of use isn't common as most developers already use a very simplistic condition switch which the mod's Core can already easily plug into. In this case though I'll have to see if I can write a more elaborate condition switch than what would normally be used to solve your request (DK isn't using condition switches at all). It's why you don't see some of the mod's most advanced features utilized in these DK VN's, the coding is a bit whack if I'm being honestly... but it is what it is.

I'll see what I can do during free time.

Regards.
Cool beans. Thanks for the feedback. I also look into the conditional switch you mentioned. There are quite a few games that I would love to be able to add a simple mod/code that allows them to be seen or not rather than my brute force method.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Cool beans. Thanks for the feedback. I also look into the conditional switch you mentioned. There are quite a few games that I would love to be able to add a simple mod/code that allows them to be seen or not rather than my brute force method.
Good morning,

Well, as I predicted I can certainly make a real-time toggle for side images as posted. I can even assign it to a hotbutton if desired (keyboard " i " for example). Here's an example of that in action (note I specifically chose a screen that the VN currently does NOT display a side image on for testing purposes):
1687093944633.png 1687093963020.png

That said I'll have to think of a way to circumvent DK's direct calls to the images within the entire script without me having to rewrite the script (which isn't going to happen, not debatable). I've never even thought about this circumstance before so let me grab a cup of coffee and think about it for a few. It's not a high priority but the obstacle intrigues me a bit so I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a genius (or have a fantastic hangover). Request sorted:
1687096581912.png 1687096567172.png
1687097461538.png 1687097483698.png

I have to make a run into town for supplies today but once done I can code all this out and push out your request via a mod maintenance update later.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Non-Critical)

Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature added - Toggled character side images (found in SanchoCheats) as requested by fatenite1 via this post.
  • Other minor tweaks.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

fatenite1

Apr 17, 2021
Great work, as has become one of your defining characteristics.(y)(y) Not going to lie, got a little excited :Dseeing an update to your Mod because of my request. Always feels good seeing people take your ideas/ramblings and make something out of them that could help others. Any who, thanks again, and hope today is a great Father's Day for all the fathers in your life.:)

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
I love the fact that you love DanielsK games as much as us and keep making your mod for his games...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wait,Umm never really saw this being answered before probably just missed it tho but what do you do for a living that allows you to do this as much as you do?
Without me getting too personal, let's just say due to working 72+ hrs/wk every week my entire young adult life and building success that I decided to early (semi)retire in my 40's. So, to answer your question I basically do what I want when I want (even though I still retain all my key employees, likely indefinitely barring an apocalypse).

DarhkBlu

Apr 19, 2020
Without me getting too personal, let's just say due to working 72+ hrs/wk every week my entire young adult life and building success that I decided to early (semi)retire in my 40's. So, to answer your question I basically do what I want when I want (even though I still retain all my key employees, likely indefinitely barring an apocalypse).
Well good for you and I honestly mean it,If it weren't for that work you wouldn't be doing this now so we'd be worse off for it.

Reactions: yandex

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've finished coding the draft dynamic ChoiceGuide and ready to move on to splits and populating scenes... but there's a slight problem with the very last choice in Ep3. It'll likely need a split (SanchoSplit) but the episode stops before these splits play out.
1689776148339.png

So, I've decided to make the "AutoSave" on page 69 prior to this choice. This way I can code the split proper in the next update (if it's doable but it should be) and it'll all be fine.

Just know it's a thing. Gotta keep going, I have two other VN updates to finalize and I stopped both to update this VN.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Episode 3)
1689789018325.png 1689789040288.png 1689789054174.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes