VN Unity Ren'Py Errant Kingdom [Ren'Py Remake Part 4 & Unity Chapter 5] [Lunaris Games]

TarotheKitsune

Jan 10, 2019
A nonhuman NPC being an individual rather than an arbitrary racial stereotype, what a Copernican idea :eek:
I'm all for a NPC being an individual but elves are known to be very family orientated. alot of elven culture is centered around giving life to something. so an asexual female elf? come on, you gotta admit it pushes alotta things aside.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I'm all for a NPC being an individual but elves are known to be very family orientated. alot of elven culture is centered around giving life to something.
[citation needed] because seriously we're not only talking about a completely fictional culture but a completely fictional species - their "normal" is whatever the heck the present author feels like. Whether that makes a lick of sense or is even remotely good writing is an entirely different topic, as is how it relates to common genre tropes cum stereotypes (which tend to be lazy as fuck slapdash nonsense anyway).

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Hi!
I really want to play the game, but I can't open the mac file.
Seems common. I usually play on my monster PC, but when on vacation (as I am now) I'm stuck with my little macbook air and out of some 15 games I've tried to play on the mac atleast a third has been corrupted/ otherwise faulty. Don't hink it's ever happened on PC.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
so do you get to choose wich mc you want to be ?
You get to choose gender and role.

I'm all for a NPC being an individual but elves are known to be very family orientated. alot of elven culture is centered around giving life to something. so an asexual female elf? come on, you gotta admit it pushes alotta things aside.
Elves are fictional, they can be whatever the author of any given project want them to be. There is no rule saying they have to be a certain kind of thing.

Reactions: zephrates

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
WAIT A MINUTE, bro i would like to think that i have a pretty good grasp on fantasy lore on multiple genres but i never heard of an elf being asexual?????? especially a female elf, anyone care to explain?
There's no written rule anywhere that all elves ever, written or imagined, have to be exact copies of those from Tolkien or Wizards of the Coast. This applies to any fictional race. Stereotypes aren't always correct, nor are they set-in-stone rules for others to follow in order to get their character recognized as X.

There are thousands of authors out there, all with their own imaginary worlds, characters and lore. Sometimes, they like to bend the rules and add their own twist to things, to what is considered "the norm". And, sometimes, that includes grabbing something completely familiar and mundane and giving it an entirely different meaning or lore from what we're used to.

"A lot of the elven culture is centered around..." a lot doesn't mean "all". Unless the author is clearly going for the stereotype, you need to start evaluating these stories and their characters independently from the dogma associated with them.

Last edited:

liinh

Sep 9, 2017
not to mention, the elf in question isn't even a female lmao. it's stated they're nonbinary and we have no idea what their assigned gender at birth was, so for all we know they could've been born a male and have no ability to carry children?? like

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
not to mention, the elf in question isn't even a female lmao. it's stated they're nonbinary and we have no idea what their assigned gender at birth was, so for all we know they could've been born a male and have no ability to carry children?? like
TBF that would have little to do with how "family-oriented" the individual is. Assuming the usual " " (few offspring, extensive parental care to minimise mortality thereof, typically long lifespan) reproduction pattern associated with Elves holds here then there would be every reason to expect the males are as much so as the females.

Noctum28

Nov 11, 2018
The game is also available on Steam Early Access:

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
The three initial options offer very different dialogues and takes on the same story, and some additional CGs, too. That´s refreshing and fun. But I´m afraid this will be another game with"no sexual content", which is a bit disappointing, given the story is good and so many diverse options have been offered....

D

Deleted member 850197

At first, I was a little sceptical about Errant Kingdom, because I'm not that into the LGBTQ stuff/community, but my scepticism was unfounded!

So far, I only played as the ambassador, but I'll definitely play the other lifepaths as well, just to see how they differ! What's to say about Errant Kindom? While playing, you can tell that a lot of hard work, time and passion went into developing the game. The plot is intruiging and immersive, the main cast of people are interesting and the artstyle/music is just beautiful.

My favourite characters are Livia and Maya, who are waifu-material, so is Roux, lol. The male cast like Erik, Raiden and Cedric are also very-well written and interesting. I'm only dissappointed Cedric the knight isn't romancable...

After finishing the first two chapters, I decided to buy the game on steam, because I'm curious how the story will unfold in the future!