Daemmerwind

Aug 30, 2021
When downloading my McAfee Virus Scanner states that there is a virus or malware inside the archive.
Is it a false positive?
Please be kind to someone who is not good with computers. ^^'

• Haha
Reactions: Grelk

Izakiya

Apr 29, 2023
When downloading my McAfee Virus Scanner states that there is a virus or malware inside the archive.
Is it a false positive?
Please be kind to someone who is not good with computers. ^^'
If you downloaded it from the links here then it's a false positive.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Why the incest tag if the incest mod isn't official?
it is never official, Patreon forbid depiction of bestiality or incest even in drawn or rendered media. So even if the dev is delivering the patch themselves they will never admit to it and may even distribute it through someone else to be sure that it can't be linked to them even if the game was desinged with the patch in mind to not be baned by Patreon. Sometime they also make it so the patch is so easy to make that it doesn't matter that they don't do one, anyone with more knowledge than me can make it.

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
I just found this thread, and I see I'm late to the party when it comes to speculating about who sent the mystery texts at the end of V 0.3 and why. But I like to speculate and theorize, so I'll still post my thoughts on the topic.

I'll spoiler it, since I'm sure to be long-winded.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have no idea who it might be, but I'm slightly worried since I usually don't like blackmail plots as they take your agency away in a very frustrating way for a longer period for a fetish that is not enjoyed by the majority. It can be done well though, as long as its not too prominent.
Blackmail doesn't take away your agency. You choose whether to submit to the blackmail, whether to ignore it, or whether to report it or otherwise try to fight it. And if it's an ongoing blackmail, you have repeated choices to submit or resist. That's not a loss of agency. It's the opposite. It's agency in action.

Also, I'm curious why you say that blackmail as a sexual fetish is not enjoyed by the majority. Do you have some data to support that? I haven't seen any studies which state how popular or unpopular the fetish is. Absent any reliable data, this would be an assumption on your part.

I feel ya. I hope they're not gonna make too much noise out of it; I'd prefer it if that particular arc is kept as short as possible, and focus more on how it affects Ashe's mental state rather than drag out the blackmail forever.
Whether it's blackmail or harassment, I think there's a good chance that this will become one of the major story arcs in the game. And I, for one, am fine with that, so long as it's written well. And I'm prepared to give the developer the benefit of the doubt on that, because I've so far found the story to be well written.

According to the developer, in the next episode the choice will have much more impact.
If it does turn out that the anonymous texts are part of a blackmail attempt, whether or not to submit to that blackmail would be a good example of an impactful choice. It could mark a very distinct branching in the storyline between a "submit to the blackmail" path and a "reject the blackmail" path.

Personally, I would like to see an optional path in which Ashe can be sexually blackmailed. I would certainly play both paths. But I have no idea how likely that is. I don't know this developer at all, and have no idea of their feelings/opinions on non-consensual content.

My own position on non-consensual content is, "Bring it on. Just do a good job of it."

GrumpyOldGit

Jan 29, 2021
Blackmail doesn't take away your agency. You choose whether to submit to the blackmail, whether to ignore it, or whether to report it or otherwise try to fight it. And if it's an ongoing blackmail, you have repeated choices to submit or resist. That's not a loss of agency. It's the opposite. It's agency in action.
Many games, particularly corruption games, use blackmail as the (only) vehicle for corrupting the protagonist. In those games, the option to get out of the blackmail situation is not there at all. Often it's not even explained why the protagonist wouldn't consider ways to get out from under the blackmailer's thumb.

But it's not about that. At least not for me, and I imagine I'm not alone in this opinion. I prefer to play protagonists who make their choices because of who they are and what they want to do, rather than what is forced upon them. The protagonists in blackmail games usually start out as opposed to everything the blackmailer would have them do. I would rather have my protagonist "discover their inner slut" on their own than have some other character force it out.

Personally, when it comes to non-con, I only want it to happen to the protagonist when the protagonist is depraved enough to enjoy it. I'm less discerning when the protagonist is the active participant.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Many games, particularly corruption games, use blackmail as the (only) vehicle for corrupting the protagonist. In those games, the option to get out of the blackmail situation is not there at all. Often it's not even explained why the protagonist wouldn't consider ways to get out from under the blackmailer's thumb.
Some games do that, yes. That doesn't disprove my statement that blackmail doesn't take away agency.

In the instances you're describing, it's not blackmail which has taken away agency. It's the storyteller. And that's always the storyteller's prerogative. Some storytellers want to tell branching stories which give the audience choices, and some just want to tell the specific story they have in mind.

In such cases, people can always exercise agency by not playing those games.

But it's not about that. At least not for me, and I imagine I'm not alone in this opinion. I prefer to play protagonists who make their choices because of who they are and what they want to do, rather than what is forced upon them. The protagonists in blackmail games usually start out as opposed to everything the blackmailer would have them do. I would rather have my protagonist "discover their inner slut" on their own than have some other character force it out.
That's a perfectly valid preference. But the opposite preference is equally valid. When I say that I, for one, would like to see an optional sexual blackmail path in this game, I'm not demanding that you join me.

Personally, when it comes to non-con, I only want it to happen to the protagonist when the protagonist is depraved enough to enjoy it. I'm less discerning when the protagonist is the active participant.
Enjoy non-con? That's even darker than not enjoying non-con. But it's also a perfectly valid preference. It's not a preference I share, but it's perfectly valid.

junkgkj

Apr 8, 2019
We now that there will be routes for those who like romance and harem and a route for those who like cuckquean and the "darker" stuff. We'll all have our choices for what we like.
Bring on the cuckquean! :devilish:

Reactions: Vlad

TM | Twisted Games

GDI Spec Ops
Dec 30, 2020
wouldn't that make it not non-con? :p

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
The problem with the blackmail material, if it is, is it's significance. In the news watching scene, we get a glimpse of how significant it can be if you are to come out as a duplo in the wrong way as a public personality. would it really be that bad for Ashe? Is the example presenting an effect of echo chamber on the net to show the worst possible situation one could get in. Outside of the web, people have things to do, so unless you get your picture shared you could still live your life easily, not to mention surely some people don't give a crap about what is in others pants. Ashe's case is not Sun Jameson's so as leverage the duplo thing seems week unless the stigmas is so deep that the landlord could kick out Evelyn and Ashe from their apartment.

There is also the scene in t he woods between Ase and Rachel. In that scene Rachel recommend to Ashe that she come out to Fiona. That must mean something about the social stigma caried by being a Duplo. If it was a life threatening information Rachel would not suggest that. From what Rachel sais the worst that can happen is that Ashe loose Fiona as a friend and she does not believe it would happen.

When Ashe will read the text I would be surprised if she had a rational reaction. She could easily recall the streamer's story and assume the worst. Or be angry at what they are trying to do to her and lash out and tell herself all her friends and their dog that she is a duplo removing their leverage. That is similar to a failed blackmail attempt that happened in my enlarged family. If Ashe was in an other situation in her life, the threat might have had more weight, She does not even have a teacher that could be abusive and flunk her without merit.

What I mean is as black mail, since it is week the demands must be proportional if not it will fail. So what could be asked? Something that would produce even more black mail material? A small favour? a bit of cash since she is not rich?

It might be a big point for choice in the future, but I think that choice will have more consequence on Ashe's behavior and people surrounding her than split the story in two between a blackmail dominated path and a blackmail free path.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Ashe's case is not Sun Jameson's so as leverage the duplo thing seems week unless the stigmas is so deep that the landlord could kick out Evelyn and Ashe from their apartment.
I doubt very much that it would seem weak to Ashe. It has already been stressed to us more than once in the story that Ashe is very worried about people finding out. That makes it strong leverage for her.

There is also the scene in t he woods between Ase and Rachel. In that scene Rachel recommend to Ashe that she come out to Fiona. That must mean something about the social stigma caried by being a Duplo. If it was a life threatening information Rachel would not suggest that.
I don't think it means anything about the social stigma of being a duplo. I think it means that Rachel knows that Fiona is trustworthy and that she's a loyal friend to Ashe. And she also believes that Ashe has feelings for Fiona, and she knows that nothing can ever come of those feelings until Ashe levels with her friend.

When Ashe will read the text I would be surprised if she had a rational reaction. She could easily recall the streamer's story and assume the worst. Or be angry at what they are trying to do to her and lash out and tell herself all her friends and their dog that she is a duplo removing their leverage.
There's no way in hell that she would tell everyone when she has gone to great lengths to keep it hidden, and when she hasn't even worked up the courage to tell her best friend. She just isn't going to do that.

What I mean is as black mail, since it is week the demands must be proportional if not it will fail. So what could be asked? Something that would produce even more black mail material? A small favour? a bit of cash since she is not rich?
But if you're wrong about it being a weak threat, which I maintain you are, then you're also wrong about it only supporting weak demands. If it's a strong threat, as I believe it to be for Ashe, then it will support strong demands.

That is, if Ashe chooses to submit.

It might be a big point for choice in the future, but I think that choice will have more consequence on Ashe's behavior and people surrounding her than split the story in two between a blackmail dominated path and a blackmail free path.
Well, we don't even know yet that it will be a matter of blackmail. It could just be harassment.

And we also don't know that the big choice which the developer promised for the next update will have anything to do with the anonymous texts. However, I do think that's a good bet, and I'm hopeful that this will create a branching path. But we won't know for a while.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
The problem with the blackmail material, if it is, is it's significance. In the news watching scene, we get a glimpse of how significant it can be if you are to come out as a duplo in the wrong way as a public personality. would it really be that bad for Ashe? Is the example presenting an effect of echo chamber on the net to show the worst possible situation one could get in. Outside of the web, people have things to do, so unless you get your picture shared you could still live your life easily, not to mention surely some people don't give a crap about what is in others pants. Ashe's case is not Sun Jameson's so as leverage the duplo thing seems week unless the stigmas is so deep that the landlord could kick out Evelyn and Ashe from their apartment.

There is also the scene in t he woods between Ase and Rachel. In that scene Rachel recommend to Ashe that she come out to Fiona. That must mean something about the social stigma caried by being a Duplo. If it was a life threatening information Rachel would not suggest that. From what Rachel sais the worst that can happen is that Ashe loose Fiona as a friend and she does not believe it would happen.

When Ashe will read the text I would be surprised if she had a rational reaction. She could easily recall the streamer's story and assume the worst. Or be angry at what they are trying to do to her and lash out and tell herself all her friends and their dog that she is a duplo removing their leverage. That is similar to a failed blackmail attempt that happened in my enlarged family. If Ashe was in an other situation in her life, the threat might have had more weight, She does not even have a teacher that could be abusive and flunk her without merit.

As a player of the game AWAM (female protagonist), I think it's a great example of blackmail done wrong. Firstly the MC's son's teacher (male NPC) tries to flunk the son in order for the teacher to attempt to coerce the MC to have sex with him. As a player, you can just say no and the blackmail goes away.

Secondly there's the son's bully blackmail path. At least the first part is required for the son's path, but unless you're specifically into M/S content, you're not missing much. 40 events in, and the most he's got so far is a handjob.

It's DDoS that I find interesting, in that in order to achieve my favourite scene (the one in my sig), you're required to refuse the blackmail.

There is another scene but on the blackmail route where the blackmailer starts to teach the MC how to be a domme. Fun, but not my favourite

4.90 star(s) 101 Votes