EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Just finished up to version 4, and I got to ask, but is anybody else think of the Doctor Who intro when using the portal? The fourth Doctor I mean.
Not quite Doctor Who, but close.

I've never associated it with Doctor Who, but that's probably because I miss the days of playing . Perhaps the MC will eventually get to visit the "overrun by sentient bugs" world in (in-game) Eternum to complete the feeling.
Damn, I miss Asheron's Call. Played from release, to shutdown.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok, that's nice. I missed the announcement of new portal animation. Looks fantastic.

At any rate, I always thought more of Stargate SG1 when I saw the portal animation. It's much closer, IMO.

Reactions: ename144

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Well yeah but some choices have impacts muuuuch later so i'd rather not risk it ig
I see :) , although you won't see the impacts even with mods, since we dont know them until a new episode arrive, or even later, like Annie's necklace, what we buy for her, in the first episode.
overall what am I saying is, this game is very straightforward;) (y)

Don_Ubba

Feb 12, 2018
Old one is fine IMO but Caribdis mentioned from the post that it looks like it's "'ripped off' from a Youtube video." Maybe the old one was some sort of stock footage and he wanted something more unique and fitting to the story, hence the new one?
It's from an anime called sword art online

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Ok, that's nice. I missed the announcement of new portal animation. Looks fantastic.

At any rate, I always thought more of Stargate SG1 when I saw the portal animation. It's much closer, IMO.
It's from an anime called sword art online
It's older than that.

Edit: Upon further digging,

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Let's hope we can mix them without bitting the dust... :)
Yep, we will need lot of stamin...Aehm! I mean lot mental strength, but I'm an optimist! ;) :D

Or maybe, I've been hit too many times on the head by a frying pan and I'm underestimating the challenge........ :whistle: :HideThePain:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I just had a thought: wouldn't it be funny if the real reason Caribdis changed the old login animation was because it's basically an in-your-face spoiler that reveals the true nature of Eternum? I mean the new one looks kinda game-ish now, as opposed to the old one which is basically a portal-hopping animation. XD

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Yep, we will need lot of stamin...Aehm! I mean lot mental strength, but I'm an optimist! ;) :D

Or maybe, I've been hit too many times on the head by a frying pan and I'm underestimating the challenge........ :whistle: :HideThePain:
Stamina=strong(insert your primary) hand? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Dylan741
4.80 star(s) 910 Votes