Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Dang, Orion's glare at the end when he find Thanatos real identity and connect the dots it's priceless.
It still give me the chill now like the first time I got to the end of 0.5, I can't wait to see what 0.6 will be, this is really one of the best games I've played so far.
Everything is almost perfect, the pace, the scene's cut, the music I would give it 10/10 right now if didn't know there's still a lot to see and play...:love::love:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If the latter, is he the only one? Perhaps such are the ones needing saving. I wouldn't be surprised if Thanatos, true to a God of Death, is using those poor, unfortunate souls (sorry, couldn't resist).
There are thousand of greek names to choose from, yet Orion is a bad one imo, at least for a modern setting... even if it holds minor lore references
Why do you consider it a bad one. After all, Orion's "Sword" seems to be about the right length.
Orion.png

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

If the latter, is he the only one? Perhaps such are the ones needing saving. I wouldn't be surprised if Thanatos, true to a God of Death, is using those poor, unfortunate souls (sorry, couldn't resist).

Why do you consider it a bad one. After all, Orion's "Sword" seems to be about the right length.
View attachment 2529748
:ROFLMAO: *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

That said, I think it's the latter, and I think there are MANY more ...

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

View attachment 2529748
ROTFL!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Also someone consider him a bad choice? Orion? The son of Poseidon and Euriale? The giant who got his eyes from Hephaestuss after being blinded? The lover of the SEVEN Pleiades daughters of ATLAS,? The hunter Ulysses met in the Odyssey in the realm of the dead? Uhm...Maybe someone should do some math and maybe a little history search, I don't know...:unsure:

Can't wait to see.:)

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
There are thousand of greek names to choose from, yet Orion is a bad one imo, at least for a modern setting... even if it holds minor lore references
I feel "minor" is an understatement considering:

-Orion has a role/referenced in the "Odyssey," which is the tale from where Odysseus/Ulysses serves as the main character

-The number of the main human LI's are 7, which is likely a reference to the Pleiades (as mentioned by ArDZer), the 7 daughters of the Titan Atlas (which is referenced in this VN as a set of artifact weapons) who are pursued by Orion (the hunter)

-Orion's connection to the underworld which - again - is referenced in the "Odyssey." And in this VN we see that Orion (MC) has a connection with the dead (see: the dreams and the creepy whispers that he hears in this update), though it remains unclear as to why he has such a connection

-Orion is referenced in the myths as a complete horndog, and his VN namesake is pretty much the same

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022

-Orion has a role/referenced in the "Odyssey," which is the tale from where Odysseus/Ulysses serves as the main character

-The number of the main human LI's are 7, which is likely a reference to the Pleiades (as mentioned by ArDZer), the 7 daughters of the Titan Atlas (which is referenced in this VN as a set of artifact weapons) who are pursued by Orion (the hunter)

-Orion's connection to the underworld which - again - is referenced in the "Odyssey." And in this VN we see that Orion (MC) has a connection with the dead (see: the dreams and the creepy whispers that he hears in this update), though it remains unclear as to why he has such a connection

-Orion is referenced in the myths as a complete horndog, and his VN namesake is pretty much the same
It might be a neat name from a story and allegory perspective, but who is called Orion in as an actual name in the real world? (Sorry to all the actual Orions here in the thread :HideThePain: )

I would just find that name distracting while playing...

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I'm not saying no one was ever called Orion, but artist often don't use their real name and the third guy was born 200 years ago.

I don't know...the name just doesn't work for me and hampers my personal immersion. If it works for others...good for you. (y)

Jan 21, 2023
It might be a neat name from a story and allegory perspective, but who is called Orion in as an actual name in the real world? (Sorry to all the actual Orions here in the thread :HideThePain: )

I would just find that name distracting while playing...
Speak for yourself thats just your opinion. Mine is different - I am both into astronomy and greek mythology and I really like the name. It is unique and stands out. I think Caribdis chose well. A badass greek hero/constellation is so much better than naming him Bob or something.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
And let's not forget Orion Pax. The simple dock worker who would later become the legendary leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime.

But seriously, I'd rather have an MC whose name is a bit exotic but has a deeper connection to the plot than a protagonist with "Dick" as his first name (sorry, Dick Tracy, but it is what it is).

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I'm not saying no one was ever called Orion, but artist often don't use their real name and the third guy was born 200 years ago.

I don't know...the name just doesn't work for me and hampers my personal immersion. If it works for others...good for you. (y)
It's probably cultural, based on the name you chose for yourself. No worries if you don't like Western tradition and names - just don't keep carrying on and bitching about it. You made your point - move along. Give him an Far East sounding name and be happy.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019

I wonder which Pleiad would be the counterpart of each LI in this VN. And remembering what I've read about Orion, It'd be very surprising if he does have
by the end of the story. Or at least some tales about him said so.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I wonder which Pleiad would be the counterpart of each LI in this VN. And remembering what I've read about Orion, It'd be very surprising if he does have
Me calculating how many children each LI will likely have based on their personality and horniness level just to reach that quota:

math-zack-galifianakis.gif

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Well...
Alcione was elected to command and guide her sisters
Maia the first born mean growth or to grow in body ( it's not clear since it's dificult to really translate the ancient greek)
Elettra is the one who is considered the less visible of all but elected to protect, she's the most brilliant and intelligent and became the first new star after she was transformed in a statue seeing the destruction of Troy
Taigete is associated to water
Celeno names means black or dark ( the roman legends said it was referred to the color of her hairs)
Sterope or Asterope was the lover of Hares and is known as a warrior
Merope the more sweet and innocent and loved the mortal Sisifo
I leave to everyone of you to seek who can be who...
Just know that in greek and latin Nova means new.... ;)

P.S. I wrote this part incorrectly Nova in latins mean new while in greek is neo, may thanks to Just a Memer that correct me, I apologise or my mistake.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Well...
Alcione was elected to command and guide her sisters
Maia the first born mean growth or to grow in body ( it's not clear since it's dificult to really translate the ancient greek)
Elettra is the one who is considered the less visible of all but elected to protect, she's the most brilliant and intelligent and became the first new star after she was transformed in a statue seeing the destruction of Troy
Taigete is associated to water
Celeno names means black or dark ( the roman legends said it was referred to the color of her hairs)
Sterope or Asterope was the lover of Hares and is known as a warrior
Merope the more sweet and innocent and loved the mortal Sisifo
I leave to everyone of you to seek who can be who...
Just know that in greek and latin Nova means new.... ;)
Alcione - Nancy
Maia - Penny (oh she does have some "growths" in her body...IYKWIM)
Elettra - Nova
Taigete - Alex (she's a swimmer, yes?)
Celeno - Luna
Sterope/Asterope - Dalia
Merope - Annie

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Alcione - Nancy
Maia - Penny (oh she does have some "growths" in her body...IYKWIM)
Elettra - Nova
Taigete - Alex (she's a swimmer, yes?)
Celeno - Luna
Sterope/Asterope - Dalia
Merope - Annie
I crossed and verified all the knowledge I have about them, because I was always fascinated by their story since I was a kid and... I didn't want to influence yours nor the others opinion on them, but yes, pretty much I had the same thought when I started to see the girls in the game, and how they were interacting with Orion.;) (y)

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Speak for yourself thats just your opinion.
Yeah...obviously...?! That's why you CAN rename the MC but you don't HAVE TO. :WeSmart:

Come to think about: I might be an outlier anyway, since I always re-name my MC if possible but never to my own name, but to names depending on the character I want to give him. :unsure:

Reactions: Dragon59

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yeah...obviously...?! That's why you CAN rename the MC but you don't HAVE TO. :WeSmart:

Come to think about: I might be an outlier anyway, since I always re-name my MC if possible but never to my own name, but to names depending on the character I want to give him. :unsure:
I never use my own name, but I have a couple of names I use when there is no default. Lately my own default has been Auric (last name Draconis), which fits in with the Greco-Roman naming...

I didn't in the beginning, but when I am offered a default name, I use that. I found it makes conversations on F95 much easier.

4.80 star(s) 931 Votes