Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
To the people who have played this, is the protag piss ugly in this one too? That's really the only complaint I had for Once in a Lifetime. He was fit, but damn all the male characters were ugly af, ngl. The females on the other hand...
Both male and female characters (somehow) are more attractive than Once in a Lifetime :)

Reactions: Amansas

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
To the people who have played this, is the protag piss ugly in this one too? That's really the only complaint I had for Once in a Lifetime. He was fit, but damn all the male characters were ugly af, ngl. The females on the other hand...
There are not many settings for customisation on male characters in Honey Select 2, so you can't get too far away from the default face. I tested the limits of how much you can go on the sliders. Well, turns out it's very little, before you get some major distortions, triangles on the face, or very stretched skin. It's a little bit better for the females but it's kinda the same. The difference is that the default face is a lot more suitable for females. The facial shapes of the females in this game are pretty similar too. It's mainly the hair and the eye colours that set them apart. But it's fitting. In most animes, which is basically what Honey Select is, all the pretty girls, and actually the pretty boys too, have very similar facial features.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Amansas

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
He is acceptable, and with the change hairstyle in chapter 3 even a little attractive, but the male faces in honey select are... well, ugly faces, really ugly faces. Orion is the best you can have with that, at least.

starkj

May 17, 2022
Honey Select doesnt really allow to create really good male faces sadly, because games could be much better and look more different from each other if we could.

Amansas

Apr 17, 2018
In most animes, which is basically what Honey Select is, all the pretty girls, and actually the pretty boys too, have very similar facial features.
I'm sorry, what? Pretty much all modern anime from any reputable studio would like to have a word with you.

But I get your point.

It is... acceptable. Pretty good, tbh.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I'm sorry, what? Pretty much all modern anime from any reputable studio would like to have a word with you.

But I get your point.

It is... acceptable. Pretty good, tbh.
Other than having Alpaca styled hair.. :D

Feb 27, 2020
IMO the MC is not ugly, but he's not winning any beauty contests any time soon.

Reactions: Buster Himen

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
We are accustomed to playboy MC so in some point I like to have a protagonist more "normal".

I liked more the MC in OiaL (more after the haircut). And some stuff like the fight game system helped auto-incert oneself as the MC.

But in OiaL there was the complaint about the female bodies too but after some time playing the majority of us really loved the unique style. So Im sure we will love MC style at the end, and maybe a haircut or something.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I assume a mod exists where you can put female hs heads on male bodies. That would be the anime approach to making them attractive.

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Theory - Spoilers potentially:

The answer happens to be found within the first couple minutes of the game. And that's the MC's name, Orion. In ancient mythology, he was the great huntsman and swung a brass club, as well as other weapons.
In the game however, he does swing a huge club, but it isn't made of brass, hah. And as for what he's hunting? Well, the ladies of course. More on that later.

The story is quite literally shared among almost all ancient cultures and was passed down since the dawn of time. Therefore, there are many variations on the story and it has changed over time. Some of them get pretty weird. I'm imagining Caribdis is simply telling his own version. Thus, there might be some events Caribdis tells differently than historically documented.

Anyway, I won't make this is huge multiple page explanation... You can look up the story if you feel so inclined. Here's the short version.

Orion was in love with the daughter of Zeus, Artemis. Artemis is the goddess of the hunt, the wilderness, wild animals, nature (etc) and is even capable of shapeshifting into animals within the lore. Sounds familiar. Maybe Calypso recognizing Alex's bloodline wasn't so far off. She's goddess?

Artemis has a twin brother, Apollo. (Alex and Axel, rings a bell.) Their relationship was always precarious to say the least. She was even tricked by Apollo into killing her love, Orion. Also, the grandmother of Apollo and Artemis (Phoebe) is known to hold the "Oracle of Delphi" and gives it to Apollo, her grandson. Although, in the game Alex is the one to receive the gift. The cross necklace perhaps? Sidenote: I speculate William Bardot is actually not the father, meaning he isn't Zeus. That's probably a big reveal down the road.

Fun fact, Phoebe gave birth to Leto (Artemis and Apollos Mom) and Asteria (Hecates Mom - Also known as Luna.)

Orion is the son of the god Poseidon and that grants him the ability to walk on water. Anyone notice how Orion the first time he enters Eternum he's floating/walking on the ocean? Coincidence?

Then of course there's the infamous heavily armored scorpion that Orion loses to in battle. That's where the constellation Scorpius comes from. In some versions of the myth they battle it out and the scorpions stinger is driven through Orions chest. Orion is then whisked away and healed/resurrected by another God(ess) (Calypso?) It's either this event already took place and Thantos is the Scorpius... Or possibly a future Xenomorph moment. They're awfully scorpion like as well.

Within the mythology, it never really ends well for Orion. He pretty much dies in each version and Artemis turns him into a constellation. (Permanently stuck in Eternum? as CEO?) Orion is then destined to forever hunt the Pleiades in the sky. The Pleiades are 7 "sisters" (stars). Annie, Alex, Darci, Penelope, Nova, Nancy, Luna. The 7 stars. Maybe?

All that said, there's so much more but i'll leave it there.

Cheers.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
даешь еще девушек мне понравилась протарианиц с пушкой в начали игры та что парня завалила
Pretorians are not LI nor side girls but AI, write in englsih and if you don't know use Google Translate next time, please this in an english forum. :)

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021

The answer happens to be found within the first couple minutes of the game. And that's the MC's name, Orion. In ancient mythology, he was the great huntsman and swung a brass club, as well as other weapons.
In the game however, he does swing a huge club, but it isn't made of brass, hah. And as for what he's hunting? Well, the ladies of course. More on that later.

The story is quite literally shared among almost all ancient cultures and was passed down since the dawn of time. Therefore, there are many variations on the story and it has changed over time. Some of them get pretty weird. I'm imagining Caribdis is simply telling his own version. Thus, there might be some events Caribdis tells differently than historically documented.

Anyway, I won't make this is huge multiple page explanation... You can look up the story if you feel so inclined. Here's the short version.

Orion was in love with the daughter of Zeus, Artemis. Artemis is the goddess of the hunt, the wilderness, wild animals, nature (etc) and is even capable of shapeshifting into animals within the lore. Sounds familiar. Maybe Calypso recognizing Alex's bloodline wasn't so far off. She's goddess?

Artemis has a twin brother, Apollo. (Alex and Axel, rings a bell.) Their relationship was always precarious to say the least. She was even tricked by Apollo into killing her love, Orion. Also, the grandmother of Apollo and Artemis (Phoebe) is known to hold the "Oracle of Delphi" and gives it to Apollo, her grandson. Although, in the game Alex is the one to receive the gift. The cross necklace perhaps? Sidenote: I speculate William Bardot is actually not the father, meaning he isn't Zeus. That's probably a big reveal down the road.

Fun fact, Phoebe gave birth to Leto (Artemis and Apollos Mom) and Asteria (Hecates Mom - Also known as Luna.)

Orion is the son of the god Poseidon and that grants him the ability to walk on water. Anyone notice how Orion the first time he enters Eternum he's floating/walking on the ocean? Coincidence?

Then of course there's the infamous heavily armored scorpion that Orion loses to in battle. That's where the constellation Scorpius comes from. In some versions of the myth they battle it out and the scorpions stinger is driven through Orions chest. Orion is then whisked away and healed/resurrected by another God(ess) (Calypso?) It's either this event already took place and Thantos is the Scorpius... Or possibly a future Xenomorph moment. They're awfully scorpion like as well.

Within the mythology, it never really ends well for Orion. He pretty much dies in each version and Artemis turns him into a constellation. (Permanently stuck in Eternum? as CEO?) Orion is then destined to forever hunt the Pleiades in the sky. The Pleiades are 7 "sisters" (stars). Annie, Alex, Darci, Penelope, Nova, Nancy, Luna. The 7 stars. Maybe?

Cheers.
last paragraph sounds like a possible bad ending lol

• Haha
Reactions: Tokenugget

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016

Cheers.
This is super interesting, great read and fits well with the story.

Side thoughts that mesh a bit with your ideas..

An known

Sep 16, 2021

The Pleiades are 7 "sisters" (stars). Annie, Alex, Darci, Penelope, Nova, Nancy, Luna. The 7 stars. Maybe?

All that said, there's so much more but i'll leave it there. [/ISPOILER]

Cheers.
Just one question, WHO IS DARCI?? :ROFLMAO:
Is she a new Main girl? does Caribdis "secretly tell you about the new main girl?"

P.s. I'm just kidding I know it's just a typo,
jokes aside your theory is quite good though.

• Haha
Reactions: Salviocass99
4.80 star(s) 910 Votes