Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Any recommendations while we wait? I really like the alternate reality theme of Eternum, plays right into my ballpark.
If you can stand okay-ish renders that look like they were made from a potato, lack of music (for the most part, anyway, since there IS music but it's pretty sparse), a somewhat slow start, and more emphasis on slapstick humor and a Goonies-esque story then you can play Cari's first AVN: Once in a Lifetime

(Note that this game is canonically set more than a decade before the events of Eternum, and might give away some secrets about the setting so...if you don't mind potential lore/setting spoilers that might come to play later on in Eternum then...fire it up)

Reactions: Takkatakka

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Any recommendations while we wait? I really like the alternate reality theme of Eternum, plays right into my ballpark.
You'll find some of the regulars in random threads.

I go to Pale Carnations, Oppai Odyssey, and possibly considering Sicae after just checking out MBIML.

Main theme for me is tig ol biddies and decent story. But it's more about what you want that you get from Eternum.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I go to Pale Carnations, Oppai Odyssey, and possibly considering Sicae after just checking out MBIML.
I prefer Sicae, tbh. Would rate it a full 5 if not for the cringy combat choreography (I mean, I know it's probably due to HS2 limitations and lack of decent combat animation mods but...good lord).

I'm editing random things now,:WutFace:
how long are the sneak peeks
I'm starting to go insane:HideThePain:
Brain: Good, now he knows why I make up cursed shite.

Me: It's not even remotely comparable you eldritch spawn of chaos.

Brain: HISSSSSSSSS~

--

Okay, realtalk tho, Cari did say later in the month...and we're still in the middle of January so...yeah...:HideThePain:

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
looking on the bright side, knowing how fast Caribdis works, 0.7 releasing early in the year means we're pretty much guaranteed a 0.8 release around August or September!!
Considering Cari's been teasing a bombshell cliffhanger for 0.8, I'm conflicted if I should be eager for it to release early or absolutely dread it and hope it gets delayed a bit so I can mentally prepare.

Then again, he did say this a few days ago so...yeah...

Screenshot_20240116_223003_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Me: /finished tasks for the day and is about to check if he still has anything left in his AVN backlog

Brain: Sup.

Me: ...If you're gonna shoot another cursed image at me I swear I'm going to start cutting our coffee intake until the next update release-

Brain: When was the last time we heard from the Syndicate?

Me: ...0.4. When they gave that letter to Orion prior to the Heist. Why?

Brain: ...What are the odds that they're somehow involved with WHY Orion and co are in Ekabar? I mean, if Orion and co are busy with the gem hunt, it's kinda weird for them to suddenly have some sort of side trip, no? Especially in a server that hasn't been foreshadowed in past updates to contain a gem, but rather an event that's going to happen in January.

Me: So you're saying that since finding the Syndicate is part of Nan's 4-point agenda during her presentation in 0.5, then-

Brain: Either the Syndicate is rumored to be poking around Ekabar so Orion and co go to investigate, or they got in touch with the horndog and told him to go there.

Me: And then all hell breaks loose?

Brain: That, or hell's already loose by the time they arrive in Ekabar.

Me: /ponders for a bit, then notes it down and puts it in the "predictions for 0.7" board

Aight. Anything else?

Brain: Well, now that you mention it I DO have a cursed image idea for-

Me: Lalalalala~ I can't FUCKING HEAR YOU~~ DX

4.80 star(s) 909 Votes