strangelandQQ

Oct 21, 2023
If I dislike anything more than cliffhangers, it's cliffhangers that are resolved at the beginning of the next episode.
Ep 1 - we learn that Benjamin was killed in real life. (we find proof of that almost immediately).
Ep 2 - we open the box and find Calypso. (in the next episode she immediately tells us about herself and her powers).
Ep 3 - a letter from the Syndicate (still don't know what's in it).
Ep 4 - Meeting with the Founder (a short dialog, after which he leaves).
Ep 5 - We learn the truth about Thanatos and the NPCs (probably the only good cliffhanger that makes you think about the big picture of the story).
Ep 6 - William finds you in Alex's apartment(a million theories that ended up being paperwork for Alex's disowning of the family, resolved literally in the first dialog after)

I wouldn't be surprised if the "shocking" cliffhanger ends up being

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall I'm a little disappointed with this update.

The pirate arc basically delayed to the next episode.
Ecabar didn't bring anything interesting except an alliance with one of the monster factions

The sex scenes are great as always, but the scenes with Nova and Penelope give me the vibe of the Alex scene.

It's not that it's bad, but before all the sex scenes were unique in some of their moments

Reactions: Samfeu12

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Me: is stuck in my head for days now...

Brain: Could be worse. Least it's not "Run Boy Ru-"

Me: You finish that damn sentence and I swear I will end you.

*This post was brought to you by the Church of Nova.
JOIN US...OR WE'RE GONNA GET YA.
I like the song and as you know I fucking love Penny, but some reason Alex's music is by far the best to me. I geniunely don't recall a song from any kind of media instantly diving so well into my playlist in recent times. I listened to it an insensly amount of times till this very day. Although that can be explained due how bland the music is nowadays, specially at the radio.

To me the only song that comes near this is , and that's more of a meme song than actually a song to listen on the way to work or reading. But anyone has their personal tastes of course.

Reactions: Redd23

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Oh god, why?

Why did you have to remind me?

I've already scrubbed that thing from my brain so hard I forgot it even exi-

/hears it starting to play at the back of my head

Me:

View attachment 3482186

Because...

Cave Rules for Nova!

Reactions: fapderp11

cayseron

Apr 28, 2022
If I dislike anything more than cliffhangers, it's cliffhangers that are resolved at the beginning of the next episode.
Ep 1 - we learn that Benjamin was killed in real life. (we find proof of that almost immediately).
Ep 2 - we open the box and find Calypso. (in the next episode she immediately tells us about herself and her powers).
Ep 5 - We learn the truth about Thanatos and the NPCs (probably the only good cliffhanger that makes you think about the big picture of the story).
Ep 6 - William finds you in Alex's apartment(a million theories that ended up being paperwork for Alex's disowning of the family, resolved literally in the first dialog after)

Ecabar didn't bring anything interesting except an alliance with one of the monster factions

The sex scenes are great as always, but the scenes with Nova and Penelope give me the vibe of the Alex scene.

It's not that it's bad, but before all the sex scenes were unique in some of their moments

i actually think those scenes could not be more different from each other.

topshelf

Dec 7, 2023

It's a good point you bring up about the pattern with the cliffhangers, and I have to agree.

Feb 27, 2020
It's a good point you bring up about the pattern with the cliffhangers, and I have to agree.

He is going to bleed into the Isle of Lost Souls and get the treasure of the abyss by himself, while his real body is sedated at the hospital. We now know that some humans went into Eternum by astral projection. And he is clearly one of the people that can do it.

That or he suddenly reaches into his stomach and sees the letter, opens it while bleeding out and after reading can use his powers in "real" world.

Or Calypso finally is out and capable of teleporting to the real world to heal him, I think that one is the less likely. She was put in the plot device cave to put her out of commission and not interfere with the drama that is unfolding/about to follow.

I agree, cliffhangers that get resolved at the start of the next chapter are just... Ughh

Reactions: Adrien75X

friedkeenan

Sep 6, 2018
Oh I just realized, Luna having presumably seen us in the future in her vision will play into an interesting dynamic upon her learning of our death/critical condition. That'll hopefully be fun.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
People are coming up with some wild theories as always, but the reality is next episode is going to have 4 lewds that all need build up, the rest of the pirate arc most likely ending with us acquiring the 3rd gem, and probably another Eternum visit to a new server as has been the case in every episode.
If it's structured like 0.6 then he can dedicate a huge chunk of the beginning of the update to Orion coming to terms with his fuck up and getting himself out of his predicament. That leaves enough time for him to focus on the latter part of the Pirate arc where we get the third gem.

A ski trip has been potentially teased for 0.8 since Christmas is just around the corner, so a timeskip could be implemented after the Pirate event and we can use the event for a potential Annie, Nancy, and/or Dalia scene. Alex too if she happens to be dragged into the trip. With Dalia though there's her upcoming birthday on New Year's Eve, so that could be covered after the ski trip instead.

That however leaves the "legendary cliffhanger" for 0.8 that Cari has teased a while back. Not sure what else would be worse than 0.7's ending, but this is Cari we're talking about, so.../shrugs

Feels like the cliffhanger was forced and I think Cari really backed himself into a corner on what to do with it. They only have the remaining day to complete the pirate arc before the Island disappears. Either his powers or Calypso save him is basically the logical conclusion.
The general outline of the entire story is pretty much done from beginning to end and Cari has said on Discord that the only thing that's unwritten are the LI events (which he usually just tries to wing depending on the mood he's in, if he has heard a soundtrack that he wants to base an entire scene to (i.e. the bazooka scene in 0.5 which he built after he heard the music for it and not the other way around), or when he thinks of a random idea for it). So Orion's "death" is pretty much planned right from the start.

Reactions: [VEN0M]

Frostfire281

Jan 18, 2019
Me: is stuck in my head for days now...

Brain: Could be worse. Least it's not "Run Boy Ru-"

Me: You finish that damn sentence and I swear I will end you.

Honestly, same. It immediately got added to my Eternum youtube playlist that I've been listening to on repeat for what feels like a month now >.>

topshelf

Dec 7, 2023
He is going to bleed into the Isle of Lost Souls and get the treasure of the abyss by himself, while his real body is sedated at the hospital. We now know that some humans went into Eternum by astral projection. And he is clearly one of the people that can do it.

A ski trip has been potentially teased for 0.8 since Christmas is just around the corner, so a timeskip could be implemented after the Pirate event and we can use the event for a potential Annie, Nancy, and/or Dalia scene. Alex too if she happens to be dragged into the trip. With Dalia though there's her upcoming birthday on New Year's Eve, so that could be covered after the ski trip instead.
Curious, where's this been teased?

The general outline of the entire story is pretty much done from beginning to end and Cari has said on Discord that the only thing that's unwritten are the LI events (which he usually just tries to wing depending on the mood he's in, if he has heard a soundtrack that he wants to base an entire scene to (i.e. the bazooka scene in 0.5 which he built after he heard the music for it and not the other way around), or when he thinks of a random idea for it). So Orion's "death" is pretty much planned right from the start.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021

It reminds me of the opening of Mass Effect 2 where Shepard was killed off... only to come back alive after 2 years. Death scenes like this introduce contrivances to the plot, and the progression brought forth by them can be easily accomplished by a near-death experience rather than outright dying.

We all know Orion isn't truly dead since the story still has another 3 updates, so the shock value of "oh shit, did he really die?" just doesn't hit as hard. Funnily enough, BioWare learned this as well by killing off Shepard a second time at the end of ME3, but one of the end scenes left it ambiguous as to if he really was dead or not.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Curious, where's this been teased?
Screenshot_20240327_131913_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

20230924_014849.png

Unless Cari throws another curveball for 0.8 (like he did in this update by having us go to Ekabar), there really isn't anything that's teased to happen in the near future other than the Meiyo trip (which could happen anytime) or the Big Hunt (which was supposed to be the big Ekabar event but it's slated for January according to the story). So that gives us a clear path for the Ski Trip this 0.8.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
We all know Orion isn't truly dead since the story still has another 3 updates
About 5-7 more based on Cari's latest estimate, not 3.

Screenshot_20240327_133335_Samsung Internet.jpg

Source:

Reactions: slick97

topshelf

Dec 7, 2023
It reminds me of the opening of Mass Effect 2 where Shepard was killed off... only to come back alive after 2 years. Death scenes like this introduce contrivances to the plot, and the progression brought forth by them can be easily accomplished by a near-death experience rather than outright dying.

We all know Orion isn't truly dead since the story still has another 3 updates, so the shock value of "oh shit, did he really die?" just doesn't hit as hard. Funnily enough, BioWare learned this as well by killing off Shepard a second time at the end of ME3, but one of the end scenes left it ambiguous as to if he really was dead or not.
Haha yeah.

Although a minor correction; there's still at least 5 updates coming (story won't end at 1.0)

View attachment 3482407

View attachment 3482416

Unless Cari throws another curveball for 0.8 (like he did in this update by having us go to Ekabar), there really isn't anything that's teased to happen in the near future other than the Meiyo trip (which could happen anytime) or the Big Hunt (which was supposed to be the big Ekabar event but it's slated for January according to the story). So that gives us a clear path for the Ski Trip this 0.8.

Oh ya! Nice catch. That should be fun.

Reactions: slick97

mag5246

Jun 3, 2017
What's the point of having an ending like that? Like any of the players would believe this.
I really like this game, but the plot twists here can be read from the previous chapter.

4.80 star(s) 902 Votes