Issac Shafan

Dec 29, 2023
Just ignore them (or put them on block). She'll have her time in the sun eventually.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I love annie, and I don't fucking care what others think about her she's the best and always be!
Don't worry, there are who appreciate Annie...

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Is it possible not to support the girl who so desperately wanted to help Orion in his first appearance in Eternum and show and be the first to show him many interesting things...? so naturally I will support Annie, to be honest for me there is no girl that I could not support... :coffee: :HideThePain:

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Is it possible not to support the girl who so desperately wanted to help Orion in his first appearance in Eternum and show and be the first to show him many interesting things...? so naturally I will support Annie, to be honest for me there is no girl that I could not support... :coffee: :HideThePain:
You mean Gertrude yes?

Klezyr

Dec 7, 2020
I'll have to preface this by saying that I'm not a genius, I'm just a slightly unhinged theorycrafter who's dug a little too deep in trying to piece together the lore of this game.

(PS. To anyone wondering: yes I wrote this on the phone. Yes, my thumbs fucking hurt. Brb, going to dunk them on ice to numb the pain. :HideThePain: )
I really thank you for your opinion on this, several good points that despite maybe not being able to be implemented are still cool to imagine...

yinAzura

Dec 22, 2020
MC can still become an NPC and leave Eternum, he just can't lose his memory and not be able to see the system like other NPCs, because he is "special", has the help of Calypso and other tools besides the girls , it's not that unrealistic that this could happen, it would still be a way for him to discover the truth about death's interaction with Eternum...

Your theory of him staying in vegetative mode is also not unrealistic, he could stay in a "coma" for some time, even if it's just hours, since he would probably be taken to limbo and there "time" does not exist, he could face anything there for years and also get answers from Idriel before returning to reality without time passing...

This is the exact problem that I mentioned earlier, these small flaws in the story that have not been explained from the beginning until now are what allow all of this to be viable and possible.
However, I started thinking again about my theory n.8 and it increasingly makes more sense and would also be even more interesting and complex to have in the story, it literally fills in all the gaps and would delve deeper into the mysteries of Astral energy even before the interference of "Founder".
True, Orion is special, but I'm not counting on whatever his powers can potentially do to recover from death, still. Because we don't know exactly who he actually is, could be an Immortal like the Founder, or a complete new entity with a different set of abilities. If it's none of the two and is just a human who has 100% compatibility, then chances of him becoming an NPC and can leave Eternum is very slim.
Would it? I would argue that spending a long time trapped in eternity in a place that you think you can't escape from can change a person quite well. Would give Orion a lot more pause when it comes to making decisions should he escape, especially if fucking up the second time results in him being trapped there again for god knows how long, even more so if the way he escapes there the first time is a one-time thing that can no longer be repeated.
I guess that depends on the individual. In my opinion, if there is no direct consequences in real world, there is nothing to prevent him to just say "See, nothing changed!" and forgo anything learned from staying in the Limbo, even if it's a one time escape ticket. Having time lost that he failed El Coyote's quest is the most reasonable, doubling down the consequences aside from getting stuck in a fraction of eternity in Limbo will reassure Orion not to make mistakes further.

Klezyr

Dec 7, 2020
True, Orion is special, but I'm not counting on whatever his powers can potentially do to recover from death, still. Because we don't know exactly who he actually is, could be an Immortal like the Founder, or a complete new entity with a different set of abilities. If it's none of the two and is just a human who has 100% compatibility, then chances of him becoming an NPC and can leave Eternum is very slim.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I guess that depends on the individual. In my opinion, if there is no direct consequences in real world, there is nothing to prevent him to just say "See, nothing changed!" and forgo anything learned from staying in the Limbo, even if it's a one time escape ticket. Having time lost that he failed El Coyote's quest is the most reasonable, doubling down the consequences aside from getting stuck in a fraction of eternity in Limbo will reassure Orion not to make mistakes further.
Again, not possible given that Cari is planning to continue the pirate questline next update and the other factors involved (i.e. December events). Also, failing El Coyote's quest would completely make the Chop Chop - Wenlin encounter somewhat pointless as not only would it render the map meaningless but also make us lose a portion of our Eternals for nothing (and yes, I know around 10 eternals is a pittance, but money is money). You can argue that all of it was just fluff and that you're supposed to buy the Polyjuice to make up for it, but if that's the case then maybe the encounter should've just been held off until the next server.

Furthermore, El Coyote's Mcguffin could be of some grave importance if he's willing to exchange his gem for that. So I just think it's weird if Cari threw that plot thread in only for it to not be brought up again because Orion was scripted to fail the quest due to his untimely hiccup at a random alleyway in Kredon.

Klezyr

Dec 7, 2020
Again, not possible given that Cari is planning to continue the pirate questline next update and the other factors involved (i.e. December events). Also, failing El Coyote's quest would completely make the Chop Chop - Wenlin encounter somewhat pointless as not only would it render the map meaningless but also make us lose a portion of our Eternals for nothing (and yes, I know around 10 eternals is a pittance, but money is money). You can argue that all of it was just fluff and that you're supposed to buy the Polyjuice to make up for it, but if that's the case then maybe the encounter should've just been held off until the next server.

Furthermore, El Coyote's Mcguffin could be of some grave importance if he's willing to exchange his gem for that. So I just think it's weird if Cari threw that plot thread in only for it to not be brought up again because Orion was scripted to fail the quest due to his untimely hiccup at a random alleyway in Kredon.
Limbo is a distortion of space and time, "IF" Mc breaks the limbo "chains", he can returns before being shot?
Maybe Idriel didn't see his death because he doesn't really die with Limbo interaction...

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Annie is a cutie! She shall suffer no slander! :mad:

Luna has the potential to be the most perverted girl in the harem, even more so than Nova, but we're not ready for that yet...
I completely agree, even more so she's the only one who has done some handholding with Orion. The others can't simply compete against such debauchery and perversion!

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020

he ain't dying , 'cause Orion still gotta bone Dalia , Luna and Annie in the real world and Calypso in eternum.
i-pity-the-fool.jpg

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Limbo is a distortion of space and time, "IF" Mc breaks the limbo "chains", he can returns before being shot?
Maybe Idriel didn't see his death because he doesn't really die with Limbo interaction...
Idriel said that the chains bind her to limbo, and given that she's the one facilitating travel across the various "servers" it's likely that removing her chains would just unravel the entire VRMMO altogether. Thus, I'm assuming that said chains will be broken probably around the very end of the story (as I'm of the opinion that the end scenario is that the VRMMO gets "mysteriously" shut down and that Ulysses goes bankrupt once its dirty laundry gets aired for the world to see (though it's likely that the supernatural stuff will remain hidden to the world as the knowledge will likely die with William...that, or he survives the events of the game but he gets committed to a mental asylum if he decides to reveal the "truth" to the world)).

4.80 star(s) 876 Votes