CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
That or having individual progress bars for the individual aspects of game dev: writing, art/3d modeling, coding, etc.
There's actually a bunch of project AVNs I've seen goin 0% to 80% in 2 months and then 80% to 100% in another 3 months.
Another type of scenario is those game devs bar being completely filled in 4 months, expect music... and that music took another 2 months.
There's another one that got like 85% next update completion, only to be halt so the dev remakes pretty much all the first chapter from scratch, which lead to like more 4 months of waiting.

Yeah, this is kinda what I mean with misleading. Not saying its the case with Eternum and Caribdis at all, tho.

Jasticus

Oct 23, 2018
Caribdis has had progress bars going all the way back to July 2020, at least.

The longest gap I found was 20 days, and it was a 25% progress bar jump. So it still works out.

There are smaller jumps in between the Eternum updates, which makes sense because its a bigger game. A big jump likely means extra time spent on development to move ahead, or something went better than he expected.

Apr 2, 2021
There's actually a bunch of project AVNs I've seen goin 0% to 80% in 2 months and then 80% to 100% in another 3 months.
Another type of scenario is those game devs bar being completely filled in 4 months, expect music... and that music took another 2 months.
There's another one that got like 85% next update completion, only to be halt so the dev remakes pretty much all the first chapter from scratch, which lead to like more 4 months of waiting.

Yeah, this is kinda what I mean with misleading. Not saying its the case with Eternum and Caribdis at all, tho.
Oh I have one better: someone posted 100% progress bar but the game came out 3 months later. Hahaha

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Love the game but I got a question if anyone knows the answer. Any details or rough ideas on how long this game is going to end up being? I feel like there are so many cool things that could be expanded upon and explored, but the plot feels like it's moving pretty fast to me. Almost like we're rushing the main story when there are a ton of side quests you could do as an analogy. I guess I'd be a bit disappointed if we hit a sudden ending when the setting is so interesting to me.

Easy to say though. When you really like something you typically want more of it.

potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
Love the game but I got a question if anyone knows the answer. Any details or rough ideas on how long this game is going to end up being? I feel like there are so many cool things that could be expanded upon and explored, but the plot feels like it's moving pretty fast to me. Almost like we're rushing the main plot when there are a ton of side quests you could do as an analogy. I guess I'd be a bit disappointed if we hit a sudden ending when the setting is so interesting to me.

Easy to say though. When you really like something you typically want more of it.
well his last game was pretty long and the plot felt pretty fast too

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I wouldnt be worried about the length. The concept of Eternum alone as a story can go for a long time, plus IRL drama, and Caridbis can do filler into main story if he wants do to like "side-quests" one off episodes, and they would work too. I mean he can literally explore entire new worlds and thematics on this, so chances are Caribdis wont have the problem some writers have that is getting bored of their own story.

But if there's one thing I'd like to see improved would be more choices branches that is not just following a girls path, but the Orion/MC character development too. I feel like right now we're just role-playing which girl he likes and aims to romance, and I think in a game concept such as Eternum, role-playing should be like first priority. Yes, even over the girls. What I mean is something like a morality system or the sorts, but it doesnt have to be exactly that tho.

Stuff like that elevates games of this quality from just being great dating sims into real RPGs. And I for one wouldnt mind being locked out of some girls paths based on player morality choices. Such is the life of a role-playing game.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
[0.3] - Progress Update
Hello everyone!
I sincerely hope you're all doing alright!
It is time to start remembering Eternum (in case you forgot about it :p) because 0.3 is coming! I've been working hard these past few months, and I hope the result is going to be noticeable.
In terms of content, I think this one is going to be just as big (if not bigger) than what 0.1 or 0.2 were, and even if there are still a few big scenes left to do, I can safely say this will be my favorite update of Eternum so far.
The variety of scenarios is gonna be huge: we have some scenes outside Eternum, we have a lot of scenes inside Eternum (+6 different servers), we have funny, sexy, epic, emotional, scary moments, and we have tons of new songs, sound effects, and animations. A rollercoaster of emotions
I can't give a date of release yet, but it's gonna be at some time during April (being released earlier for higher tiers as always).
I always like to do renders/writing/code at the same time, and that's why I can't do separate progress bars for each part of development. (Because if the current update is at 75%, it means that I've done 75% of the renders, 75% of the writing, and 75% of the code, and so on). The current count is at 855 renders done, so for the full 0.3 update there will probably be more than 1150 or 1200 renders!
I'll post some more sneak peeks soon of the last 2 scenes that you haven't seen yet (one is a magic-oriented server that reminds of the Harry Potter world, and the other is a Classical Era one!) and I'll announce the definitive release dates when I'm sure that there won't be any delays.
Thank you all for making this game possible.
Remember that you can DM me anytime if you have any questions!
You guys are the best
Cheers!
Caribdis

Apr 2, 2021
[0.3] - Progress Update
Hello everyone!
I sincerely hope you're all doing alright!
It is time to start remembering Eternum (in case you forgot about it :p) because 0.3 is coming! I've been working hard these past few months, and I hope the result is going to be noticeable.
In terms of content, I think this one is going to be just as big (if not bigger) than what 0.1 or 0.2 were, and even if there are still a few big scenes left to do, I can safely say this will be my favorite update of Eternum so far.
The variety of scenarios is gonna be huge: we have some scenes outside Eternum, we have a lot of scenes inside Eternum (+6 different servers), we have funny, sexy, epic, emotional, scary moments, and we have tons of new songs, sound effects, and animations. A rollercoaster of emotions
I can't give a date of release yet, but it's gonna be at some time during April (being released earlier for higher tiers as always).
I always like to do renders/writing/code at the same time, and that's why I can't do separate progress bars for each part of development. (Because if the current update is at 75%, it means that I've done 75% of the renders, 75% of the writing, and 75% of the code, and so on). The current count is at 855 renders done, so for the full 0.3 update there will probably be more than 1150 or 1200 renders!
I'll post some more sneak peeks soon of the last 2 scenes that you haven't seen yet (one is a magic-oriented server that reminds of the Harry Potter world, and the other is a Classical Era one!) and I'll announce the definitive release dates when I'm sure that there won't be any delays.
Thank you all for making this game possible.
Remember that you can DM me anytime if you have any questions!
You guys are the best
Cheers!
Caribdis
Cant wait for the update!! So excited

Jul 20, 2020
Finished 2 days ago.. have'd such great time with it' take my time, read slowly.. each moment was pretty unique
Even the scary server was actually kinda intense' "until you saw the monster... lol cute "
can't wait for the new update

Reactions: Dunner and Caribdis

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016

sometimes the last 10% is the worst because thats when you are fixing bugs

Reactions: Dunner

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
As a programmer once said: the first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time and the last 10% takes the other 90%.
It is actually a common rule set in engineering in general and it is actually called the Pareto principle.
It takes 20% of time/investment/??? to reach 80% of your goal and 80% of the same to reach the remaining 20%.

4.80 star(s) 918 Votes