VN - Ren'Py - Eternum [v0.7.5 Public] [Caribdis]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Mart013f

A really great game, both story and art wise. Not surprising the game takes some things from things like ready player one, but that does not really take anything from it.
    you should be prepared for some"horror" segments, but they are not that bad
  2. 5.00 star(s)

bongbubbler420

Great, intruiging story, that doesn't feel forced or grabbed out of thin air, loveable characters, with great models that only improve the further you go on.
    Sexual content isn't overwhelming, but also not too rare, and it's easy to not miss it accidentally.
    I personally love the different girls you interact with, they all seem to have a varied personality, with different interests and issues. The few lewd scenes don't break that feeling of believable characters, but only support it. And all the wait and connection you start to feel towards them, only makes it better in the end.
    The MC isn't all dumb either, not a "me horny always" guy, but one you can actually express your care for the girls through.

All in all, i can only say: great game, i'm thankful that we got pretty early access to V0.6, and now that i've finished it, i feel like i finished a season of a show, or a book in a series, and i'm eagerly awaiting the next release.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Faszmalac

I could be tortured daily at Guantanamo Bay without being fed, clothed and without the prospect of ever being released and I'd die a happy man having experienced this masterpiece. Confident Annie is GOAT. Also I love when the girls scare Orion shitless from behind, so dumb but so fucking funny
  4. 5.00 star(s)

NedaiEel

Don't mind me just dropping a 5 star rating for (in my opinion) the best VN in the site. You can tell Caribdis really put a lot of effort into this. When you play Eternum, you can feel the love and care that has been put into it. The plot is really good and honestly even without the explicit content, it is still a very good game by itself. I really love the pacing of the story. It can be a bit slow initially but the sex scenes makes it worthwhile. I always appreciate good animations and my word the animations are top-notch! Not to mention all the characters are really well made! Patiently waiting for the next update! :PogChamp::PogChamp::PogChamp:
  5. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

The reason i am only giving this 2 star is no rape tag, i am not a fan of rape and MC gets raped in the Maat scene, not only that Nova which you want a relationship with is also forced to strip, blowjob MC, if this game had any reality sense that would ruin any future relationship chances from such an experince, Nova is such a nice and very shy girl that it also makes no sense what so ever for her to do those things even at gunpoint, same for MC that never tries to do anything even when hes untied you have no options as MC to to do anything to stop this rape, this scene alone killed the game for me.

Its clear as day that both MC and Nova is raped/forced, MC begging to stop it and to get released so there is 0 consent, both are held at gunpoint doing this scene, and yet this game has no rape tag which is clearly a huge mistake and needs fixing to warn people about rape content.

Even the storie line gets destroyed by this one scene, all servers should be safe and monitored by the Pretorians, so this should never be an issue rape cant happen, some say they consent by not letting them selfs get killed which is BS, they know what happened to Benjamin or whats hes name, he died when he got killed in game, might only happen if its from a Pretorian, but MC has only been playing for days so theres no way on earth he would not fear for hes and novas life in the real world if they got killed, so no that is not consent when being held by gunpoint.
    Some try to say its due to server settings allowing rape, problem with that is the server is still part of the ruleset from the main company, if it wasent then Novas gun wouldent be with her.

The above is not the only reason for my one star rating, i wanted to rate this 3 stars but went to 2 for rape scene.
    1. Story 3/5
      I wasent really hooked on the story, found it a little boring and slow, for a AVN sex scenes are very far apart and short, just so much reading with no action that it really feels more like a VN and the choices in game dosent do anything to the storie it really just is a kinetic novel, the choices your given is only to gain relationship points which can result in missing a sex scene but nothing else.

2. Animations 4/5
      They arent bad but not great either, also a bit repetitive, the reason i went up to 4 is due to the small animated scenes doing the normal gameplay not sex scenes.

3. Girls 3/5
      Not a fan of the girls they arent really unique in any way, it feels like the same face is used over and over, just with diffrent eyes or hair, also i am not a fan of big tits and this game has 80% big tits, this also ruins the fun when most girls is a turn-off, really feel they missed the mark on making something for everyone

4. Music/effects 5/5
      They did a good job with the music and sound effect, they fit the scenes perfectly.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostly

This is my review for Eternum by Caribdis version 0.6.

The good
    • Renders are looking really good
    • Music
    • Writing
    • Gameplay
    • Big amout of content 5+ hours
    • Story is interesting
    • Big updates
    The bad
    • Nothing
    In conclusion, 5 stars worth playing.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

355fjkr1

Best visual novel I have played on the site so far.
    Visuals, story and sound are all high quality.

The gags with quick small animations have had me actually laugh quite a few times.
    The mystery of what exactly is going on starts right at the beginning with the phone call, and more is added to build your understanding in each chapter.
    Most VNs have no sound, with some having sound tracks, and rarely they have voice or effects. Eternum uses sound to really great effect, punching up gags, or emotional moments.

Can't wait for more updates to come.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1417641

Astonishingly good game. I can't think of a single thing I don't like about it.
    + Characters are beautiful, distinct, and interesting
    + Setting and premise are super engaging and immersive
    + Writing is good enough to make me read every single line
    + H Scenes are incredibly hot and and meaningful rather than just filler

I can't say enough good things about this game. If you haven't played it yet, what are you waiting for?
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Animeking1010

Things to Know -

1. I have been on this forum for a LONG time. But i just Lurk. A lot.

2. I DONT review games whether good or bad. (In fact this is my FIRST review here)

3. Caribdis You are a goddamn genius.

I have played SO MANY games here. But i always have a problem. I was always unable to find games to check all the boxes here.

For example , these are the usual type of games -

GameStory/Connecting to charactersRendersGrindy / Too easyUI/PlayabilityBuild up to the hot scenes
    1GreatBadGoodOkDecent Build up
    2GoodGoodGrindyHorribleToo much build up
    3GoodBadReasonableDecentIn between
    4BadGreatToo easyGoodNo build up

These are just examples, you basically get the point. Just getting 3/5 right is good enough to try and 4/5 right is a great game.

Somehow you have made a game which has a -

1. A great story (no boring moments ), thrilling, funny, hot and caters to almost every genre which you may fancy.
    2. Renders which make you fall in love with every girl as they are unique especially in their character.
    3. Not grindy whatsoever, you are always moving forward and not repeating anything.
    4. Good UI, Even the small sandbox sections are not annoying and integrate seamlessly.
    5. And MOST Importantly, the scenes are plenty and have REALLY Good payoff.

Note to creators - We need to connect to characters to have a good payoff!! Just good renders arent sufficient.

Nowadays, Many games have fallen into the category of -

1 . 'We have a great story, dont expect any payoff' (This is an adult game site FFs) If I want a great story with no adult elements, i would just play AAA RPGs.

OR

2. 'Blueballs supreme' where the creators leech the playerbase with half baked promises of content only to give a couple of scenes for a wait of several months.

Caribdis, you have just blown through all these stuff and given us a game which is one of a kind.

I sincerely wish you the best and frankly i would give this a 11/10 if i could.

Cheers mate and take care!

Waiting eagerly for the next instalment as always!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

JimmyJazz69

After OIAL, I had high expectation for the follow-up game from the dev, Caribdis. However, Eternum is not just a follow-up, it is a quantum leap in every aspect: story, renders, writing, sound, music, UI... everything!
    What we have here is a game created with HS assets that are turned up to 11 offering an extremely compelling story to anyone that does not seek something only for a quick fap.
    There is sex in the game, with beautiful women and great animations. But, contrary to many, many other games and VNs, sex is not the driving force behind Eternum, the story is. Sex just happens because it makes sense for the characters (and not just for the MC).
    It is hard to explain how great Eternum is for anyone that hasn't played yet, but let me just say this: Eternum could easily be turned into a movie – and a good one, tbh: the story is there, the writing is there, the humour is there.
    Version reviewed (0.6) already offers a lot of playing hours, especially if you take time to actually read and enjoy the narrative. This is not a game to use the Ctrl key and skip to the next sex scene; do that, and you'll miss 99% of the fun.
    Better yet, if you haven't played the previous game from Caribdis, do it now, since there is some common lore and jokes that you'll miss otherwise; it is not mandatory, but you'll enjoy it even more.
    Now the bad stuff: the development cycle of this game is very slow (around twice a year) – although each new update is really worth the wait. However, the track record of the dev is very good, with an already great previous game completed, so we can rest assured we are also going to see the end of this new adventure.
    I know everything is relative and not everyone likes the same thing (and it is also true that I give a lot of 5* reviews...) but returning to the beginning of this review, this one is really a top 3 game. From the dozens of others I have played here (and even when compared with the 3 ones I like enough to be a translator), it is probably the best for me. So far, because we can only dream about what Caribdis has in store for us in the future...
  11. 5.00 star(s)

wilkwild6896

I don't know how Caribdis comes up with this story there are only a few other games that compare in my opinion. Not very many AVN's that make get as caught up in the story or make me laugh as much as this one.

Story 10/10
    Art 8/10
    Animations 9/10
    Humor 10/10

Honestly i don't know how to describe this AVN. The Eternum game is something i think would be cool to have in the real world i figure we will have something similar in the future i mean you already have the concept with vr but vr still doesn't come close. The AVN itself is great i have laughed more while playing this than any other game i have played the story is great is sucks you in and makes you want to see more and more. The cliffhanger are a little annoying but any good story has them it just ensures people want to come back and see what happens.

All in all definitely one of my top 5 all time favorite AVN's.
    (Review made after playing 0.6)
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Cain Ig

This game has many words to describe it, Amazing is definitely one of them. This game, this AVN is a sculpted masterpiece with plot, humor and lewd moments.

In this story there are the main 8 LI, each have a distinct personality and appeal to them. The plot comes from MC's dream turned reality being flipped upside down when things start to happen behind the scenes of the sunshine and rainbows. Soon every main character has a role that makes them unique and the audience wanting more; without going into spoilers these are the LI: Annie: Female best friend and crush is like a little sister, bright and innocent. Nancy: MILF and mc's old babysitter, turned femme fatale and shrewd business woman. Dalia: childhood friend, gym girl, tsundere and kind of tomboyish. Penny: Older sister, model, perfect girl vibes and kinky. Nova: hacker girl, weirdo, secretive and overall does what she wants. Luna: Shy, creepy, emo (any more is spoilers). Alex: Lone wolf and outcast, black sheep of the family. Final LI is heavy spoilers.

The design is definitely unique as well, those that liked OIALT will like this one as well. With each update comes even better rendering and music selection. some of the already amazing scenes that are either romantic or serious are only enhanced through the sound effects and the music selection. (seriously, I have multiple songs on my playlist now solely because of scenes from the game.)

The humor and hidden details in this game are better met on the discord and game themselves.

Overall my current #2 and depending on the direction could easily become my new number one.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Ashyboy1010

Eternum is nothing short of a masterpiece, firmly establishing itself as one of the best games of its time. From the moment I embarked on this gaming journey, I was captivated by its immersive world, compelling story, and innovative gameplay mechanics.

The graphics in Eternum are breathtaking, taking full advantage of the latest technology to create stunningly detailed environments. Each scene feels like a work of art, and the attention to detail is evident in every pixel. The visual fidelity combined with seamless animation creates a sense of realism that draws players into the game world like never before.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

zaku11

this game is infinity/100
    the story,characther, visual everything is top.
    i dont what i have to say so i just type random things so i can upload it (LOL).
    awsome story,
    i LOVE LUNA...
    DALIA to hehehe, i like tsundere...
    cool all characther evan a side one is great.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Nevermind_1979

Simply the best game on the website. Once in a Lifetime was an amazing project, and Eternum is a roided version of that, improved in every aspect. Marvellous characters, models, story, humor - the list could continue indefinitely. Caribdis is also the best developer by far, with his consistency and zero drama. This game is the golden standard with which other projects should aspire to compare. 10/10.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

bvitq

Best game of the site!

An unsolved mystery sorrounding the true nature of Eternum, a next-gen technology, hyper reality MMORPG. A brilliant writing that weaves the fabric of a captivating story through its wonderful execution. Each update has substantial ammonut of content, and is imbued with a bright sense of humour, always incorporating great lore and some original and interesting scenes. The animations are constantly improving and the renders are fire. Cute ass models with actually interesting personalities.

One of those games where you come for the sex and stay for the plot. Although there is a lot of sexy content, there is also a lot of narrative involved. Every time a new update hits and I'm done, I'm always struck by a feeling of brokenness, of having lost something, just like when finishing a good book or a series. The artstyle (made with HoneySelect Studio) is cute and hot; most games with HS characters aren't usually of great quality, and their MCs tend to be awful, due to the poor category of male models; Eternum is different! The MC of this game is amazing, and for once he's not an asshole.

So, the sci-fi story, humor, nice, cute, sexy renders; great music and ambience; amazing characters all around... What are you wating for?
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Balube

Leaving my first review on this site.

Eternum ought to be the golden standard for all AVNs moving forward. Caribdis has made a work of art for us all to enjoy and continues to surprise me update after update with the quality of the animations, renders, story, and music. The amount of content even though it's substantial, leaves me craving more!

A must-play for everyone who is interested in AVNs and wishes to partake in an awesome experience.

10/10
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Jowee

I've never reviewed a game on here, but I have to just say how good this game really is.

The characters are great, the story is great, the comedy is well used, not too over the top to just make everything silly, but actually funny enough to make me chuckle, the visuals while not the best, are easily top tier HS models.

Probably my favorite AVN.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Rockero_69

I like how the game is going and the way it mixes both the real world and eternum and the renders are very, very good and the musical section in each part fits well and gives a better enjoyment of the game, this with the ambient sounds, which yes according to my personal preference it needs moaning sounds in the NSFW scenes, but only from the girls, personally so far this update (v0.6) has been the best so far, Alex's content was 11/10, although I also really liked Luna in the previous update, but well, we will have to wait for the next update, as the MC himself already mentioned, Christmas is coming and I imagine that the content will focus on it or at least it will be present , no more luck with the game and keep developing and bringing back this great game Dev, greetings.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Simian75

For my money this is one of the very best (if not the best) VN's I have ever played. As others have noted, Caribdis' grasp of character and story are both top notch. Every LI is unique and distinct, and the story, whilst obviously riffing on the likes of Sword Art Online and Ready Player One, goes in an interesting direction from the start. Caribdis also gets more mileage out of the Honey Select engine than any other developer I can think of, imbuing characters with a degree of humanity often lacking in other Honey Select games. It's also funny as hell. Strong recommend.