e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I like to pretend it'll all make sense without needing to involve time travel. Don't forget that Eternum (as known on Earth) is only 10ish years old...

Karla Jean

Oct 5, 2022
I like to pretend it'll all make sense without needing to involve time travel. Don't forget that Eternum (as known on Earth) is only 10ish years old...
There are multiple instances of Chosen Ones being run at the same time. Orion is the third "Main Character" to die that week.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
It's mentioned by the voice on the phone (at least) that you need the 10 gems to unlock either Idriel's world or perhaps the temple of Acheron therein (I'm a little unclear which, but 10 gems...) I suspect it's the world that's locked - simply because we haven't seen any other elves.
The voice on the phone says “Find Calypso. Use it to open the doors of Acheron”.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
It's mentioned by the voice on the phone (at least) that you need the 10 gems to unlock either Idriel's world or perhaps the temple of Acheron therein (I'm a little unclear which, but 10 gems...) I suspect it's the world that's locked - simply because we haven't seen any other elves.
in the public phone call ? it only says that MC needs Calypso to open the doors to Acheron.
and even if it is locked, the idea of Nova at least trying to find it should be raised. also, MC doesn't pay attention to that kind of information and doesn't report it to the girls, so it shouldn't be a factor in not trying to find the world.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
They likely tried it off-screen but Nova likely couldn't find it. Also, they're currently preoccupied with the gem hunt and Orion is seemingly the only person who cares about Caly returning to her world (while others at the time viewed her as an AI NPC, so anything that she says might just be viewed as NPC lore fluff that's less important to the task at hand, which is the gem hunt).
that's why I'd have liked a simple text line to dismiss any plot holes and theory. just saying Nova tried it and didn't find anything, or no one cares enough (which would be weird as everyone is friendly to Calypso and would do it anyway or on MC's request). Nova did it in less than a day for Ogygia, so it's not that time consuming. or she could make a script that runs a search continuously.

Someone at Discord jokingly said that Orion grew up in the UK so he might've been a bit lax in realizing that people in 'Murica are trigger-happyImean FREEDOM-LOVING folk compared to the knife-happy culture of thugs in the Queen's domains. Story-wise though, it's likely that Orion really is riding a chad high (especially after adding Nova to his list of conquests and seeing his chad self in the mirror) that he forgot that he's in the real world. So, like his mythological namesake, he got fucked by his own hubris.
yeah that actually could make sense :D but the guy could still have a knife or taser. just growing complacent doesn't really cut it. he just learnt a lesson in Ekabar with either the werewolf alpha or the vampire lord, even the religious fanatic having an unexpected weapon.

Major problem with the hospital theory is that there's a time limit currently set for El Coyote's quest, and Cari mentioned on Discord that the New World adventure will continue in 0.8. So the only plausible scenarios for Orion's recovery are:

-Caly comes to Orion's aid as you said, possibly cutting her off from Eternum but she ends up getting a power-up later on to allow her to jump back

-Orion is pulled to Limbo and stays there for a while (the lore on Limbo heavily implies that time does not flow there, so in theory you can possibly stay there for an indefinite period and return without time lost) until either he comes to terms with his fuck-up or he manages to break himself (or maybe through Caly's help) out of there and return to the living, causing him to use his power and heal himself. (Kinda favoring this one because it allows Orion to self-reflect and possibly return as a better person. Not to mention it lines perfectly with a passage in the Odyssey where the mythological Orion was seen by Odysseus in the underworld hunting beasts)

-Orion goes too-angry-to-die mode and unleashes his powers in the real to heal himself, walking it off but likely has a consequence for doing so which is revealed at a later period.

-Orion subconsciously jumps to Eternum and does the Coyote quest solo while back in the real his body is sent to the hospital and he wakes once his quest for the Heart of the Abyss is done.
even if their quest in New World continues, does it have to continue immediately ? we don't know the cooldown for the island to respawn, it could be a week or a month. Wenlin said that they had a spike in map sales this month, so it could be a year. MC's recovery could take a year and New World's quest could happen at the end of 0.8 after recovery and other adventures. Though, that would be anticlimactic for sure.

the Limbo theory is interesting. though Idriel said you can't go out of Limbo once you're in. but if time doesn't exist in Limbo, MC could return in the past too, in theory. though that will erase some progress in his relationships and fans usually don't like that :D

the girls all learning about MC on the verge of death is something I would appreciate. some of the relationships really need some shock to progress.

IIRC Honey Select / Honey Select 2 doesn't have built-in programs that allow AI to help with the animation process so...not sure how that would help.
they can change software for the animation if it provides enough benefits. AI assisted animation would be a good reason, imo, when it reaches a good state. i did say "in a few years". it won't happen overnight. and HS2 could add that feature down the line too. and should if they want to stay relevant, in time.

Assuming MC is an immortal or traveller Idriel could indeed be Queen Anima, Calypo's tale could be past and future in a wheel of time with MC being that challenger fighting the bad king who's the Founder. Well, adding the queen to the growing harem... ah no... thinking about it it sounds too dull for such a great story :D (I'll post it anyway, for the giggles... not enough giggles in this game xD)
Anima's reign lasted a millenia, but there is no word of her death. same for the hero in the story. there is no need for time travel. if Idriel is Anima, she could have been captured by the Immortals and sent to Limbo to keep her alive forever, and exploit her powers for Eternum. MC could be the hero and forgot all about his past, or some kind of descendant. but then, it would make MC and Calypso related, so incest rules could prevent it.

Reactions: Toni891

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
that's why I'd have liked a simple text line to dismiss any plot holes and theory. just saying Nova tried it and didn't find anything, or no one cares enough (which would be weird as everyone is friendly to Calypso and would do it anyway or on MC's request). Nova did it in less than a day for Ogygia, so it's not that time consuming. or she could make a script that runs a search continuously.
Everyone might be friendly to Caly but Caly certainly doesn't look friendly to anyone except Alex and Orion. There's also the fact that Caly might've wanted to find her home on her own, out of a sense of pride or such.

yeah that actually could make sense :D but the guy could still have a knife or taser. just growing complacent doesn't really cut it. he just learnt a lesson in Ekabar with either the werewolf alpha or the vampire lord, even the religious fanatic having an unexpected weapon.
All of which are formidable opponents compared to a bunch of druggies that Orion underestimated. Again, it plays on the hubris thing, and also serves as a reference to the fate of his mythological namesake (who was a giant huntsman that boasted his ability to hunt any beast of the land...only to meet his end at the hands (or, well, sting) of a tiny scorpion).

even if their quest in New World continues, does it have to continue immediately ? we don't know the cooldown for the island to respawn, it could be a week or a month. Wenlin said that they had a spike in map sales this month, so it could be a year. MC's recovery could take a year and New World's quest could happen at the end of 0.8 after recovery and other adventures. Though, that would be anticlimactic for sure.
It's easy to forget but remember that Orion is an exchange student who's only supposed to be in Kredon for a set number of months. Cari wouldn't put that factoid there if it didn't mean anything so the assumption is the entire story will span that time period. There's also the fact that Cari had mentioned that 0.8 will be the Christmas update and there's a ski trip and Dalia's birthday that's hinted to happen around December. So with that said, the possibility of Orion being out of commission for an extended period of time is just not feasible.

the Limbo theory is interesting. though Idriel said you can't go out of Limbo once you're in. but if time doesn't exist in Limbo, MC could return in the past too, in theory. though that will erase some progress in his relationships and fans usually don't like that :D
Except it's heavily implied that most of Orion's dreams happen in Limbo, with the only time he "jumps" to Eternum being his "bleeding incident" at the gas station and after his dream meeting with Idriel in some ruins that could potentially be what's left of Caly's world (as the map asset used is named "Elven Ruins"). If Orion can find his way in that realm then he can potentially find his way out.

the girls all learning about MC on the verge of death is something I would appreciate. some of the relationships really need some shock to progress.
We have about 5-7 updates left before things come to a close and 3 LIs that have yet to have their penetration scenes so it's a bit too early for that. IMO however it's Orion that needs a wakeup call with regards to how he feels about the girls, so some time thinking about that during a potential reflection period would be welcome.

they can change software for the animation if it provides enough benefits. AI assisted animation would be a good reason, imo, when it reaches a good state. i did say "in a few years". it won't happen overnight. and HS2 could add that feature down the line too. and should if they want to stay relevant, in time.
Except HS2 is a piece of shit software that runs on spaghetti code and the sheer willpower of the HS2 modding community. But even the latter have their limits. Even now people have yet to crack open the damn thing in order to make meaningful adjustments (like making it optimized enough that it doesn't run solely on one or two CPU threads), and you want them to add AI to the mix?

And then there's Cari himself, who's a workaholic that likes to work hands-on for the most part. The man is pretty enamored with the actual dev process (based from his posts on Discord) that I don't see him jumping to the use of AI for his work anytime soon.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
huh? who else? you've lost me..

Anyway... you guys really call him Orion? :D
It's his default name and there's a lot of nods in the game that reference his mythological namesake...

-Orion keeps mentioning crossbows when they were speculating as to what Caly was in Ogygia. Crossbows are usually favored as a hunter's weapon, which the mythological Orion was.

-The letter that the Syndicate gave Orion contains the Ephesia Grammata, an axiom of protection linked to the Cult of Artemis. Orion and Artemis are pretty much linked in the myths, so...

-Nova asked Orion outright if he was dressed as the mythological Orion during their meetup before the costume party event.

-Orion grows big around 0.5, which again is a nod to his namesake, who was described as a "Giant Huntsman"

-One of the main choices when picking Orion's alias is "The Huntsman."

-The mythological Orion has some ties with the underworld, as mentioned in the Odyssey where Odysseus saw him there hunting beasts. This story's Orion also seemingly has ties with the underworld, given how he is often visited by the dead in his dreams and hear their whispers.

-The mythological Orion was enamored with the Pleiades, seven sister-nymphs who were companions to Artemis and daughters of Atlas. Not counting Caly (who could be a stand-in for Artemis herself), the number of main LI's in Eternum are seven.

Last edited:

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Except HS2 is a piece of shit software that runs on spaghetti code and the sheer willpower of the HS2 modding community. But even the latter have their limits. Even now people have yet to crack open the damn thing in order to make meaningful adjustments (like making it optimized enough that it doesn't run solely on one or two CPU threads), and you want them to add AI to the mix?

And then there's Cari himself, who's a workaholic that likes to work hands-on for the most part. The man is pretty enamored with the actual dev process (based from his posts on Discord) that I don't see him jumping to the use of AI for his work anytime soon.
HS2 getting it later was just an example...
changing software would be the most pragmatic move if he wants to use that feature, for sure.
and AI assisted animation doesn't remove the work, it helps and accelerates it a lot. even if he is all about manually doing it, and enjoying the process, it could be part of the process. it's not just typing a prompt and getting a finished 3D animation :)

Everyone might be friendly to Caly but Caly certainly doesn't look friendly to anyone except Alex and Orion. There's also the fact that Caly might've wanted to find her home on her own, out of a sense of pride or such.
Her not being as friendly to the others doesn't really matter, it's about how friendly the others are with her and if they want to help her, Nova in particular seems willing, and she would just do it for MC anyway.
Calypso might prefer finding it herself, but she is not a fool either, she doesn't reject MC's help. She even complained to him at first that he was supposed to help her find it as promised and he didn't do anything, so she felt used like a simple teleporter tool.

All of which are formidable opponents compared to a bunch of druggies that Orion underestimated. Again, it plays on the hubris thing, and also serves as a reference to the fate of his mythological namesake (who was a giant huntsman that boasted his ability to hunt any beast of the land...only to meet his end at the hands (or, well, sting) of a tiny scorpion).
yes formidable, but it was a fresh humbling experience in his mind.
your linking it to the myth of Orion makes sense too, but i don't think it was the best. maybe MC taking a knife to the stomach while waiting for them to flee instead would have been even more of a link to the myth with Orion being stung by a scorpion ?
but it's now canon anyway, so I just have to accept it and move on.

It's easy to forget but remember that Orion is an exchange student who's only supposed to be in Kredon for a set number of months. Cari wouldn't put that factoid there if it didn't mean anything so the assumption is the entire story will span that time period. There's also the fact that Cari had mentioned that 0.8 will be the Christmas update and there's a ski trip and Dalia's birthday that's hinted to happen around December. So with that said, the possibility of Orion being out of commission for an extended period of time is just not feasible.
yes, very true. but he also wants to stay and get in the local university, and he is welcome to do so.
but yeah, a one year recovery would be too much, it was just an example. he could recover in a matter of weeks, and get ready for the christmas and birthday events, while postponing the treasure quest for the next respawn.
or the girls could go without him as a team too. only two of them are new players, the others are powerful veterans. and them getting a gem without MC could be interesting.
an instant recovery for him would be anticlimactic, imo. depending on how it's handled.

Except it's heavily implied that most of Orion's dreams happen in Limbo, with the only time he "jumps" to Eternum being his "bleeding incident" at the gas station and after his dream meeting with Idriel in some ruins that could potentially be what's left of Caly's world (as the map asset used is named "Elven Ruins"). If Orion can find his way in that realm then he can potentially find his way out.
oh nice facts you're dropping here, thanks.
you forgot the time when MC went to sleep and woke up with Nova and Annie. it was brushed off as him falling asleep with his gear on, but I don't think he still wore it. it's ambiguous.
yeah, I like the whole Limbo stuff you're weaving here. those dreams might just be projections from Idriel to MC's mind while he is asleep, and not him actually going into Limbo.

We have about 5-7 updates left before things come to a close and 3 LIs that have yet to have their penetration scenes so it's a bit too early for that. IMO however it's Orion that needs a wakeup call with regards to how he feels about the girls, so some time thinking about that during a potential reflection period would be welcome.
he did it a bit this last update. so we know he is no longer oblivious to it. and as you said, if he is to mirror the myth character, his feelings might already be the same. and well, knowing that they almost lost MC, it should accelerate the penetration scenes for those LIs that hinge it more on their feelings too. we already know Annie will have it next time, and Dalia will probably have it on her birthday too. Luna should be last, but it might happen in the update after the next one, as she already had a scene this update. it leaves more time to handle the drama and sorting everyone feelings for the remaining updates, in addition to the story.

Downbadguy95

May 28, 2022
Well didn't expect caribdis to hit us with that ending. Anyway our boi finally acknowledged that he's been goofin around with the girls without thinking of the consequences. Hate when other games just throw their LI's to the male lead without anyone questioning the fuckery or even aclnowledge it. And i hoped we uncovered more servers along with the in-real life progression cause the lore is gettin really interesting.

And for the love of god, i can't seem to choose between Alex or Penny. Everytime i think i'm starting to like one more, the other one comes full swinging to take the best girl spot with each new update. Caribdis really makin it hard for us to choose as every single FL is so damn intriguing and fun.

I wonder if we'll have the option to follow either a single path or a harem one for the ending like his previous game OIAl...let's see. Finally another banger of an update and now the dreadful wit for another update begins :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: fapderp11
4.80 star(s) 908 Votes