masaan87

Mar 11, 2020
Um bros i get errors when i transfer my android saves to my PC version of the game... is there i way to make the saves compatible??

masaan87

Mar 11, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named rollback

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4100, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1062, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 720, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1252, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 245, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1252, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 768, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)
ImportError: No module named rollback

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Eternum 0.7.5
Thu Sep  5 22:14:24 2024

this is the error im getting

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
Um bros i get errors when i transfer my android saves to my PC version of the game... is there i way to make the saves compatible??
If nobody can help you with the port and for some strange reason you don't want to replay the game then send me a dm since I usually help people with saves (It gives me a reason to replay the game).

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
Yes, you can transfer Ren’Py saves from an Android device to a PC. Here’s how you can do it:

Locate the Save Files on Android:
Connect your Android device to your PC using a USB cable.
Navigate to the folder where Ren’Py saves are stored. This is typically found in Android/data/[game_name]/files/saves1.
Copy the Save Files:
Copy the save files from the Android device to your PC. You can paste them into the corresponding save folder of the game on your PC. This folder is usually located in C:/Users/[Your_Username]/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/[game_name]1.
Verify the Transfer:
Open the game on your PC and check if the saves are recognized. If everything is in the correct place, your saves should load without any issues.
If you encounter any problems, make sure the folder structure on your PC matches the one on your Android device.

there can be some incompatibility issues when transferring Ren’Py saves from an Android device to a PC. Here are a few potential problems to watch out for:

1. Version Differences: If the game versions on Android and PC are different, the save files might not be compatible. Make sure both versions are the same.
  2. File Structure: The save file structure might differ slightly between platforms. Ensure that the save files are placed in the correct directory on your PC.
  3. Modifications or Custom Content: If you have mods or custom content installed on one platform but not the other, this could cause issues with loading saves.
  4. Permissions: Sometimes, file permissions can cause problems. Ensure that the save files have the correct read/write permissions on your PC.
If you encounter any issues, you might need to troubleshoot by checking these factors.

courtesy of Copilot

Reactions: Nancee and Dunner

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
So whats the newest patch right now ? i played a few months ago and the game ended when the white haired ''shark'' girl's father confronted you on the couch with his goons. Has there been any new content after that? And on another note, can i transfer the save files between the android version and the PC version??
white haired ''shark'' girl

This is how I'll call Alex from now on :ROFLMAO:

masaan87

Mar 11, 2020
Yes, you can transfer Ren’Py saves from an Android device to a PC. Here’s how you can do it:

Locate the Save Files on Android:
Connect your Android device to your PC using a USB cable.
Navigate to the folder where Ren’Py saves are stored. This is typically found in Android/data/[game_name]/files/saves1.
Copy the Save Files:
Copy the save files from the Android device to your PC. You can paste them into the corresponding save folder of the game on your PC. This folder is usually located in C:/Users/[Your_Username]/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/[game_name]1.
Verify the Transfer:
Open the game on your PC and check if the saves are recognized. If everything is in the correct place, your saves should load without any issues.
If you encounter any problems, make sure the folder structure on your PC matches the one on your Android device.

there can be some incompatibility issues when transferring Ren’Py saves from an Android device to a PC. Here are a few potential problems to watch out for:

1. Version Differences: If the game versions on Android and PC are different, the save files might not be compatible. Make sure both versions are the same.
  2. File Structure: The save file structure might differ slightly between platforms. Ensure that the save files are placed in the correct directory on your PC.
  3. Modifications or Custom Content: If you have mods or custom content installed on one platform but not the other, this could cause issues with loading saves.
  4. Permissions: Sometimes, file permissions can cause problems. Ensure that the save files have the correct read/write permissions on your PC.
If you encounter any issues, you might need to troubleshoot by checking these factors.

courtesy of Copilot

If there are incompatablilities between game versions then it is impossible to transfer save files and since its a new update this makes it impossible to continue with my saves. whats even the point of saving then??

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
If there are incompatablilities between game versions then it is impossible to transfer save files and since its a new update this makes it impossible to continue with my saves. whats even the point of saving then??
there usually aren't any save incompabilities between versions on this game, the exception being if the game has been remade in an updated renpy version. oh, and if you used the android package with the multimod included, then you have to download and install that on your pc too. save made with the multimod installed are incompatible with the base game :) hope that helps.

Reactions: Takkatakka

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Then there is obviously something wrong with your saves or the the Android version (not sure how official that version is anyway, I don't use it). Others had no problem and some of the regulars here are playing on Android, I think.

You can also just restart and use renpy's skip function. So outside of some of the free roam scenes you can get back to where you were in the game pretty quickly.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Just download the same version from where you already downloaded previous versions, move all previous saves to the PC where you store your saves. I don't know how to do this on a PC because I'm playing on Android, but some people do it.

There is another solution, download the version that you completed from Android, only this time on PC, then see if your save from the previous playthrough from Android works on PC. If not, then the problem is in your file, it is easier to play new game (I do not see anything difficult to play new) :)

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
Yeah well...I kinda go d'accord with Cari on this, but switching things up between the girls was always something I advocated for, so...
And it´s fine to like what you like, all I ask is giving an option instead of just deciding for himself everything that happens. I´m sure the sex displayed will be great, but let me choose how it ends.

masaan87

Mar 11, 2020
So about that gift that you recieve from the founder, what are the voices warning you about? will it have negative consiquences down the line?? Rejecting the gift is the ultimate good choice right??

4.80 star(s) 957 Votes