bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, I play for plot, while sex is just a spice in the dish that adds the flavor, not every dish (scene) needs that spice, but if there is a scene where sex is ommited (like, "we are in beta, so, here is a black screen! But dont worry, it will be here later!") then we have a problem.
Sounds like you should play it now, 100%.

Anglex

Apr 20, 2021
I managed to gray-out every character so far out of my own stupidity, confusion, spite, and lack of interest.

Like the fact that Alex hugs you for what you did but still greys out is weird. Apparently from another post in this thread, you have to ask her 4 questions unrelated to the school project? For someone with a cold personality, I'd assume those personal questions would annoy her, similar to regarding gloves with one of the other girls.

• Haha
Reactions: crustlord12

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
/replays the game for the nth time, reaches the gladiatorial arena quicktime event

Me: Would be nice if future combat segments utilize QTEs like this one instead of...whatever the hell that fight with Tom was in OIAL-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Me: ...Why are you like this?

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
/replays the game for the nth time, reaches the gladiatorial arena quicktime event

Me: Would be nice if future combat segments utilize QTEs like this one instead of...whatever the hell that fight with Tom was in OIAL-
Number 1: you’re like this because you’re crazy, but we love you for it.

Number 2: does anyone know if you can lose that fight, and what happens if you can?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

Fantastic I would say, sum it up pretty good!:D (y)

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Has the dev started working on the new update yet?
Who knows. The game still needs to be released to the public (2 days more iirc). After that, if the developer doesn't encounter any difficulties in the process v0.4 should be released about mid to late August for the highest tiers in Patreon and in September to the public.

Reactions: Cutecousin

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019

Mc: why wont you died?!

Senator Thanatos: Gems of doom son! They give me plot armor when you grey out the path of any of the girl.

Mc: You're insane!!

Senator Thanatos: Come on now, you should be making the mother of all harem endings here MC. Can't fret over playing only one path

Why you force me to play the game with that ost on, now i'm waiting for a "It has to be this way" moment

Loon74

Mar 14, 2022
The higher level backers pretty consistently request that he takes a break after release in hopes that he doesn't get burnt out. I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but based on previous releases I think it goes like this:

2-3 weeks before beta release - crazy work
beta release - crazy fixes
first and second releases - normal work
week-ish before public release - relaxed work
public release - normal work
1-2 weeks after public release = break/minimal work/planning

Then the active dev cycle starts up again. But yes, from what Gladheim said... August beta release is likely, with a public release in mid to late Sept. Unless he decides to make it an even bigger update. lol
I can't fault that approach and I have no money invested in it. Time rich, cash poor. Make of it what you will.

I do, however, recall beta phases and the sheer amount of data needing to be processed from test scripts which someone needed to write first then someone else had to run (you *never* run your own scripts. Ever) as well as regressive machine testing for original functionality and that was only on a 2k user base application. That was with a team of over 30 people. "UAT" is a curse term. Especially if you run support. Which he also does. For free. This dude is pushing burnout *always*. Just like many others.

I wish it was possible to just say "Here, I have £10 available and I think you deserve it!" rather than subscription based services which simply aren't an option for me now (not so subtle hint) but if it takes a while for me to see a release that's as good as prior without me investing money in to it? I'll take it.

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
I wish it was possible to just say "Here, I have £10 available and I think you deserve it!" rather than subscription based services which simply aren't an option for me now (not so subtle hint) but if it takes a while for me to see a release that's as good as prior without me investing money in to it? I'll take it.
You do know that you can do that with Patreon, right? Just subscribe for a month choosing any amount you'd like, then cancel. You get charged immediately, still have access to posts for the full month, and the dev gets paid. It's a very common approach.

Loon74

Mar 14, 2022
You do know that you can do that with Patreon, right? Just subscribe for a month choosing any amount you'd like, then cancel. You get charged immediately, still have access to posts for the full month, and the dev gets paid. It's a very common approach.
Without knowing what their charges are and how much the creator actually receives I'm rather loathe to do that sort of thing. That and their tendency to cancel anything they don't like. Also it offends my old fashioned sensibilities. Direct cash injection, no requirement on either part, simply "I like what you're doing. Here, have some money!" sits better with me than trying to work around a system that is less than great. I've worked with low to mid level streamers, I know how much the platform takes vs the likes of PayPal. It's horrifying.

Suffice to say I'm rather loathe to contribute without knowing what proportion they actually get and I literally cannot support a monthly payment in case things go FUBAR. Again. Call me paranoid if you wish but it isn't paranoia when you have proof, that's either reasonable doubt or "I told you they were out to get me! See?!" and then stabbing happens. It's messy and cleanup is a swine but there is always fire and nobody wants that. Much.

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
The pricing info is publically available and extremely easy to find. Neither Patreon nor SubscribeStar takes a huge chunk. Typically, it's 8 % plus the card processing fees.

Look, this is a privacy forum and I get that some people may not be able to or interested in paying. That's fine. But the reasons you've given for not doing so aren't very good. It's easy to pay, easy to cancel, and easy to understand the payment model. You're choosing not to give a content creator $8.61 because you don't want to give Patreon $1.39. Wouldn't it be better for the developer to get $8.61 instead of zero?

Loon74

Mar 14, 2022
You make a valid point and I simply wasn't aware of how low the percentage was. I had balance available for tier 2 right now so have done so. It'll last as long as it lasts (part of the reason I don't generally do subs is my brain is broken. Time? Meh) but I've taken on board what you said.

Not saying it'll last more than maybe 3 or 4 months as we just got buttfucked (without lube or even a reach around) on the energy bills (180% increase. It stings when you're on pensions) but as you say, that's better than nothing.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
The game is on itch.io so you can use the name your price option to give him however much money you want.

Reactions: Dunner
4.80 star(s) 916 Votes