sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
If only he could have a penny for every time he has die and he will…

Anyway yes, the Romans started to use a weapons very close to our crossbows since the 146 century b.C.; after the annexation of the Ancient Greece. They called it ballista and it was a kind of crossbow powered by torsion springs, while the modern crossbows use the leaf springs.
Ah ok, THOSE crossbows. Also known as 'Scorpio'. Ok, that clarifies a lot. I'm not used to them being called crossbows (or at least without the 'giant' adjective)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Nice references to Obelix with Owler and Dora with Dalia!
The remembrance thing was a nice touch
And poor Jerry :ROFLMAO:

I hope we'll see more from Jade!
View attachment 1920221

---

HAHAHAHHA
View attachment 1920259

---

Wait, crossbows? Rome didn't have access to them!
View attachment 1920353
Rome didn't have access to crossbows? They were familiar with the Greek gastraphete which dates to 6th century BC. They'd adopted them to "hand held" size arcuballista by no later than the 4th AD (admittedly, late empire), while having used seige sized and other smaller variants since at least the first century AD. Given this would be a late Roman server, crossbows would be on point. And using that name gets the idea across to a wider variety of people than the term "arcuballista".

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Rome didn't have access to crossbows? They were familiar with the Greek gastraphete which dates to 6th century BC. They'd adopted them to "hand held" size arcuballista by no later than the 4th AD (admittedly, late empire), while having used seige sized and other smaller variants since at least the first century AD. Given this would be a late Roman server, crossbows would be on point. And using that name gets the idea across to a wider variety of people than the term "arcuballista".
I wasn't aware of that (especially the term 'arcuballista '). Thanks for the explanation.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
If only he could have a penny for every time he has die and he will…

Anyway yes, the Romans started to use a weapons very close to our crossbows since the 146 century b.C.; after the annexation of the Ancient Greece. They called it ballista and it was a kind of crossbow powered by torsion springs, while the modern crossbows use the leaf springs.
While it came out from Greece, the Romans perfected the system, making them more smaller and easily portable. There's even the carroballista, that one's indeed interesting.

Reactions: pedrobece7

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
While it came out from Greece, the Romans perfected the system, making them more smaller and easily portable. There's even the carroballista, that one's indeed interesting.
Earliest development was probably from the area now known as China.

Jan 14, 2022
Having not played Caribdis' previous work, didn't have much to go on when giving this a try.

I will be trying it now though as Eternum was incredibly pleasant to play. I appreciate the approach to humour in this one especially and the references put a smile on my face time and time again. 100% looking forward to the end-version / product of this one, whenever that may be. Made a fan out of me already, great stuff.

gryanz

Apr 22, 2020
Left a similar comment on the itch.io page for this game but to recap:

Found Once In A Lifetime a while back and was really happy with the game and how fun it was to play. Great balance of story arc, character development, and animated content. Discovered Eternum about a week ago and I have to say I'm even more blown away. Absolutely in love with the characters, the development that you've made with them, and it goes without saying but the graphics are absolutely STUNNING! I think it's all these details coming together so harmoniously that make this game so special. It's very rare to have a game so well made that it would be a joy to play even if all the NSFW content was taken out but Eternum manages to easily fall into such a category. Easily my new favorite game of all time and I have nothing but praise to say about it. You have my full support and I can't wait to see what you have next in store for us! Again just really wanted to at least share here how blown away I am by this game. If you are just discovering it here DEFINITELY TRY IT you will find it an absolute joy to play.

Just a small side note here for Caribdis or also open to feedback anyone who may know more about this project but I've been trying to get into developing some basic VN's myself and was really curious about what software and major methods you use to put a project of this quality together. Thus far I've personally been developing models in HS2, looking at developing scene setups in both Blender and Daz3D where I plan to make my animations as well, then finally putting it all together in RenPy. I'm just really curious about what software and methods you are using to develop each individual aspect of this project specifically and how you manage to put it all together into such a well made final product. In terms of software specifically I'm curious what you use for each aspect this project (characters, scenes, animations, etc.) and more specifically how you typically tend to export characters and put scenes together, and most of all how/where you render animations to get them to look so fricking gorgeous (applications, important settings, etc.). All this being said, I understand that part and parcel of making something with this level of quality comes through invaluable knowledge, experience, patience, and practice. Again I'm just trying to learn and get as much knowledge as I can to keep developing my own works so open to feedback from anyone. If you do happen to see this Caribdis I do want to say as well I'm not sure if you are comfortable sharing all these details and if not I completely understand. That being said to you and anyone that may respond all your help and feedback is much appreciated!

Really looking forward to what this game has in store for us next!

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Ah ok, THOSE crossbows. Also known as 'Scorpio'. Ok, that clarifies a lot. I'm not used to them being called crossbows (or at least without the 'giant' adjective)
No, the scorpios were a kind of Roman heavy crossbow used for the direct hits; like a modern light cannon. Instead the ballistas were a kind of heavy (or superheavy) crossbow used for the indirect hits; like a modern howitzer. For this reason the ballistas were usually heavier and mounted on an inclined support;
Moreover there were the , which were light crossbows used by the infantry; like a modern rifle.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: sexypeanut

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
I've noticed Dalia's path goes grey when she's freed from captivity (as soon as Maximus shows up). I had only 1 heart with her. Will I be able to retake her path in future updates or is it gone forever?

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
It didn't happen to me, so you must have done something wrong with her. But it can be difficult find out what, because sometimes you lost a path some days after having done a bad decision.

P.S. I don't know if you will have the chance to reopen that path.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
It didn't happen to me, so you must have done something wrong with her. But it can be difficult find out what, because sometimes you lost a path some days after having done a bad decision.
I found a small walkthrough for her back on pages 169-170 of this thread, but I probably made a mistake so far back that I'm not really into replaying the entire game for that (and she's the girl I'm least interested in, so eh). Thanks, anyway.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I found a small walkthrough for her back on pages 169-170 of this thread, but I probably made a mistake so far back that I'm not really into replaying the entire game for that (and she's the girl I'm least interested in, so eh). Thanks, anyway.
There is a PDF walk through on the main page as well as a multi-mod. You can just use the skip button to get past the dialog you've already seen. It's still early in the game too. If you missed her, you might have missed others too and just not had their pictures greyed out yet. Could be a good idea to do a quick 10-15 minutes skipping run though now to be sure instead of waiting and risking missing out on someone you care more about because of a miss-click an update or two ago.

Just some advice though.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
There is a PDF walk through on the main page as well as a multi-mod. You can just use the skip button to get past the dialog you've already seen. It's still early in the game too. If you missed her, you might have missed others too and just not had their pictures greyed out yet. Could be a good idea to do a quick 10-15 minutes skipping run though now to be sure instead of waiting and risking missing out on someone you care more about because of a miss-click an update or two ago.

Just some advice though.
Hmm, perhaps. I think I need more... convincing. Maybe some Dalia shots would do the trick! :sneaky:

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes