McBomb

Jun 23, 2021
Loving this game, very few games make me laugh out loud like yours do. One criticism though. In the beautiful action shot of Nova shooting the Praetorian on the hill. The entire cartridge is shown flying at the target instead of just a bullet. Guns shoot bullets (little lump of metal at the front of the cartridge), the rest of the cartridge is discarded. You're the second skilled dev I've seen doing this. Is there something in ren'py that makes it easier to animate entire cartridges? Anyway, let me sandwhich this with more praise, loving your game so far and I can't wait for the next release. I hope we get to see Nancy leading a roman legion into battle at some point.
The cartridge firing with the bullet is actually referenced during the scene. It's kind of crazy someone would pay enough attention to notice the bullet has the cartridge, but not read this.

screenshot0001.png

It would be another thing to talk about how ridiculous this being possible is, but the same scene includes teleportation, shapeshifting into a dragon, someone surviving being stabbed through the heart, and portals to other dimensions so...

starkj

May 17, 2022
I totally get what you are saying, but to me that's precisely what makes her feel real and plausible -not that those two are necessarily good or bad traits in a fiction work- but in this case it makes her really really lovely in my eyes and makes me feel closer to her, like she is a real girl (although a really pretty one) that can look like the most gorgeus girl on the planet but can also have some off moments/days. It makes me love her all the more.
Also that bod is always on point. ;)
Indeed, not everyone looks perfect all the time and i really love Dalia, probably more than her sister but in the end i think they are all great.

Reactions: pedrobece7

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
The cartridge firing with the bullet is actually referenced during the scene. It's kind of crazy someone would pay enough attention to notice the bullet has the cartridge, but not read this.

View attachment 1923859

It would be another thing to talk about how ridiculous this being possible is, but the same scene includes teleportation, shapeshifting into a dragon, someone surviving being stabbed through the heart, and portals to other dimensions so...
If it were a Gyrojet rifle, this story of the bullet shoot with its cartridge could make sense. But it isn't, so it is better forget about this.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Dude she's got a rifle that can transform into a bolt action and a pistol and probably before long a crossbow too while still using the same "clip" :Kappa:I don't think anyone cares that much about the right terminology with a premise like that.
But yea, I get it.
One of those often uses a clip; some older pistols also do, too. I'm just saying don't call a "magazine" a "clip". You can call a clip a clip. ;):ROFLMAO:

Reactions: HogRocket

Armstrong

May 11, 2017
I'm glad that I tried this game, it's just amazing. All girls gorgeous, I liked all of them and I hope it stays like that.
I could praise game all day, but I'm gonnna list some negatives that I didn't enjoy.

1. Game setting: I like everything except "Eternum" part of game for obvious reason (hello SAO).

We know of all bad things (slavery, rape, prostitution, money laundering, etc.) that "Eternum" hide, yes, we have Praetorians, but it's not a solution. If Nova can hack servers, what gonna stop rich and people in power from abusing it too. The problem is human nature and we cannot change that.
Neutral implant itself is dangerous and easy tool to control/manipulate people (That also remind me of The Evil Within 2 and their STEM system and chip implants). The fact that you can't leave game without portal exit or forced to stay in server is big oversight. Roman server is pretty good example of that. Like poor Maximo, forced to play on a server with bad schedule by Emperor. Nice way to ruin people life in real world. Hail the Empress. :love:
If I got power of founder, I would destroy "Eternum" without hesitation and any way to recreate it or something like that in future.

When I got to "Eternum" part it was hard to chew through introduction and Eva view on world doesn't make it better. After Eva scene ;) my mind eased up and I just concentrated on MC realtionship with girls and real world. I don't really care what happens to "Eternum" as long as we get happy ending with MC and girls. Only way to ruin it is to say it all was a dream. :ROFLMAO:

2. Annie dialogue: kitchen scene after we share bed with her.

Her answers to MC doesn't make sense. Like, "Let's stay friends forever".... wtf. What is this 360° turn. Yeah, she was nervous, but most of her answers was so out of her character it was pain to read. The fact that you can close her path there is dumb enough too. Considering her relationship with MC. Imagine having crush for someone so long and you found that he likes you too, and you burn that bridge so easily like it never happened. Another good 360° turn.
It's only part of game were dialogue was forced for me, it wasn't natural. I love Annie and don't blame her for that, but dev. I just hope we don't see any dumb dialogues in future updates.

Can't wait for next update. I wish good luck for dev in making this amazing game.
Definitely recommend everyone to try it. You not gonna be disappointed. ;)

P.S. Kai is the best bro in game. I can't thank him enough for all the help he did. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawoodi and McGreed

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
I'm not usually one to defend a game but there's a lot to unpack there.

We know of all bad things that "Eternum" hide, yes, we have Praetorians, but it's not a solution. The problem is human nature and we cannot change that.
The problem is human nature, exactly, not the nature of Eternum. Praetorians IS a smart solution, they're litterally the all-powerful police who prevent people from ruining the game at least for the majority of people. They protect the gamers from the trolls, the party poopers, and the bots, exactly like it would and should be in a good online game.

Neutral implant itself is dangerous and easy tool to control/manipulate people (That also remind me of The Evil Within 2 and their STEM system and chip implants). The fact that you can't leave game without portal exit or forced to stay in server is big oversight. Roman server is pretty good example of that. Like poor Maximo, forced to play on a server with bad schedule by Emperor. Nice way to ruin people life in real world.
Yes, that's why it makes for a good sci-fi narrative. As you said, The Evil Within 1 and 2, or even in a show like Black Mirror, it's a good useable trope to tell a story. And it's believable too, because people would take that risk to escape reality. The principle of an Eternum world is that it's addictive because it's so realistic and you can be someone that you couldn't ever be in real life, like a roman soldier or a witch. Gamers need a portal exit to leave because otherwise it would open the games to abuse. Just imagine someone is constantly harassing other gamers, but as soon as they're about to die they just disconnect. Well no, because if they die they lose all their stuff and levels, and if they disconnect they also lose all their stuff and levels. It basically forces the gamers to be careful and not do whatever without consequences and an easy way-out.

If I got power of founder, I would destroy "Eternum" without hesitation and any way to recreate it or something like that in future.
Damn let's hope you won't ever be the founder then... we're talking about hyper-realistic imaginary worlds with good enough rules for people to enjoy, and you'd destroy it just because it has some flaws. It's like saying you'll destroy the internet because of trolls or because other people spend too much time in it and get socially isolated because of it. Damn.

When I got to "Eternum" part it was hard to chew through introduction and Eva view on world doesn't make it better. After Eva scene ;) my mind eased up and I just concentrated on MC realtionship with girls and real world. I don't really care what happens to "Eternum" as long as we get happy ending with MC and girls.
The game is literally called 'Eternum'... the 'Eternum part' is like the most important thing in the game. It's thanks to the Eternum game sessions that we get closer to the girls in the first place. Without the 'Eternum part', there's no happy ending with MC and the girls. Hell there's no relationships with them to begin with. I mean I get that you prefer to focus on the relationships, but one of the reason why Caribdis is so good is precisely because the narrative of the game and the progress with the girls are intertwined in a very smart way. We get closer to them by playing with them in the Eternum. You can disagree with Eva (I kinda do too in a way), but what happens to Eternum is important because it's intertwined with how the girls and MC are getting closer together, so you should care about Eternum if you care about the relationships, at the very least because Eternum affects the girls to begin with.

2. Annie dialogue: kitchen scene after we share bed with her.

Her answers to MC doesn't make sense. Like, "Let's stay friends forever".... wtf. What is this 360° turn. Yeah, she was nervous, but most of her answers was so out of her character it was pain to read. The fact that you can close her path there is dumb enough too. Considering her relationship with MC. Imagine having crush for someone so long and you found that he likes you too, and you burn that bridge so easily like it never happened. Another good 360° turn.
It's only part of game were dialogue was forced for me, it wasn't natural. I love Annie and don't blame her for that, but dev. I just hope we don't see any dumb dialogues in future updates.
She was in denial. This dialogue was perfectly in character and the fact that you think it's not prove that you don't understand her character to begin with, or even have troubles with understanding relationships between people. It's not a personal attack, it's just annoying to read that when Caribdis is, again, one of the best because of the character consistancy and the way the relationship develops between the girls and the MC. Annie is in denial and she's nervous, yes. She is panicking and try to find a way to get back to the safety of 'before', when she and MC were only friends. Not talking about it is the worst solution because it would allow her to get back to this 'safe' zone instead of moving forward to what she and MC really want, which is a change in their relationship status. It's not that hard to explain and understand. When people are not 100% sure of what the other wants, it happens often that they 'burn the bridge and pretend something never happened', because it feels safer.

I mean I don't know what to tell you. I'm trying to not be a fanboy, but the 'negatives' you're talking about are absolutely no negative in my opinion at all.

Last edited:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
I think the point is by far more basic, it is a game and we should not be emotionally involved in it. The two issues described by Armstrong in his first point (the neural implants and the bad behaviour of some players) are two of the keypoint of the entire game and we can't change it without destroying irrimediably the entire setting. Moreover how much believable could a game be, if you change the human nature, which isn't always good, in something more idealistic?

Last edited:

Armstrong

May 11, 2017
I think the point is by far more basic, it is a game and we should not be emotionally involved in it. The two issues described by Armstrong in his first point (the neural implants and the bad behaviour of some players) are two of the keypoint of the entire game and we can't change it without destroying irrimediably the entire setting. Moreover how much believable could a game be, if you change the human nature, which isn't always good, in something more idealistic?
I was just saying why I don't like idea of setting like that. It's not about changing or removing it. "Eternum" is just a tool to build story. I just shared my personal opinion on the matter in general. No offence to game.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017

View attachment 1923859

Nice catch!

I was woundering why the hell is not shown only the bullet flying instead the complete cartidge. That posted ingame text from you has managed to avoid my complete attention. Thank you!

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes