Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
I think you're may be right that there are different items or inventory in other servers, just take a look on Chop-Chop he almost have different set of items to sell in every server (idk maybe he have all sets of weapon or equipment in his shop in different servers). Also there are servers like public server (maybe the only servers where you have all your items in inventory)
and different servers like the Medieval, Roman, and etc. (that could have different inventory and limits of what item you can be used). So there is a chance that if you die in some servers like the Medieval or Roman you'll only lost the items you had in that server and if you die in a public server there is a chance you lost all the items you had and maybe just the item you have in your inventory, but we can't conclude that you'll lost the item you have in every server you've been. So the chance of loosing all of your items is taking all the items you have in different server (put it in your inventory)and die in a public server. (which is the most idiotic thing to do).

Also the Annie having Hyas is just a hunch, I also don't know how weapons work in Eternum is there a chance you can't use Melee weapons if your a mage, and can't use magic weapons if your a hitman or a swordsman or something, also Nova stated that she have almost 0% magical ability (Poor Nova) that make her not able to use what a mage can use. Also the there's a chance Annie is not capable of using Hyas, she also mentioned that Dalia can carry a sword by one hand so maybe there's a chance she can't even carry the Hyas by her own . Also the holder of the Weapon of Atlas is announced by Idriel (Idk if she will know if you have the weapon of atlas knowing that Orion's name is stated as the holder of Calypso and the holder of Hyas is still unknown) there's a way you can hide the identity of having the weapon of atlas. By maybe saying that Calypso is Carrie or either not using the item itself. (also I still don't know why Orion's name is still not stated as holder of Calypso after burglary using it at the heist or maybe they use the name he used during the heist). It's either Annie can't use Hyas or she's not using it or maybe she doesn't have it in the first place.
Annie having Hyas at beginning? Hard to believe, because that sword value was really low and it's hard to believe no one noticed it was a sword that even by being closed to steel could melt it.

I just think the Syndicate steal the sword Annie was planning on giving to you. Because that made you not fight and survive, and when the time came it helped you unlocked your powers probably. If not maybe you would become a swordman from beginning with Dalia trying to teach you things and going to dungeons.

If not, then I believe it was just a narrative way to tell te player that stealing is common and you have to be careful in Eternum.

Edit: Well, in Eternum you don't build your character because you don't upgrade your stats. If you go to a server with magic you can so it there, and sometimes in other servers too, but with limitations. If a server allows more freedom then you can do whatever you want, the thing is that you need to learn spells and have the right equipment to do it properly (or have a good potentiation) so going hybrid character is possible but not a good choice from what we've seen so far.

Annie is cuting thing in whole world <3
View attachment 2015443

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ohh, come on, little cutie alien isn't allowed to simp Annie too? Maybe the Alien found out that Annie was really lovely and cute like you did hahaha.

But yeah, I love her character. It reminds me a lot of Judie in some things.

Last edited:

akimbojimbopopo

Jul 16, 2017
Probability and randomness are weird. No matter how many times you flip a coin, the chance of heads is always 50%. So while the base probability of 6 heads in a row is, I believe, correctly stated as 1/64, if you've had 5 heads in a row the chances of the next flip being heads is still 50% – this is not affected by the preceding results.

Interestingly, the more times you flip, the higher the chance of a longer streak of the same result. I.e., the chance of a repeating sequence changes depending on how many times you perform the action (while the chance of any individual result of a single flip remains static at 50%.) If you flip 20 times, in about 45% of cases you will get a streak of four. This is based on the number of permutations of results: 45% of permutations of 20 contain a streak of four. To get a similar chance of 7 in a row (44%) you'd need to flip 150 times. This shows that the common assumptions we might make – such as the probability of a streak continuing being affected by how long it's been running, or that the chance of a repeating sequence of a given length is static – are not necessarily accurate.

(this has nothing much to do with the game, but I think it's fascinating)

Naturally, in a world which has people in control of certain aspects, it's possible that the result was being manipulated. But it could also just happen.
It's a longshot, but I was curious if this was a reference to Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, one of my all time favorite anythings. More than likely it's just a fun bit to the story, like what are the odds, right?

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
So with the popular theory of Eternum being an access point to the multiverse, what if all the "easter egg" items that some ppl think are assets Caribdis is just taking from other games, is really just intentional, and to show that these items actually exist in other realities as real items and not just game props (destiny gun/nier sword i think were some of them, so they're actual worlds in the Carbidiverse, like the Aliens world)

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
So with the popular theory of Eternum being an access point to the multiverse, what if all the "easter egg" items that some ppl think are assets Caribdis is just taking from other games, is really just intentional, and to show that these items actually exist in other realities as real items and not just game props (destiny gun/nier sword i think were some of them, so they're actual worlds in the Carbidiverse, like the Aliens world)
Like I said in an earlier post: if the theory is true then it's a cool subversion of "Ready Player One" which a lot of posters in this thread think is what Eternum's story is paying homage to. Instead of having all of these existing IPs from various media be placed into one "VRMMO," the twist would basically imply that it's the other way around: that this dimension is where all the ideas for those IPs originated from.

With that said, I'm wondering what other worlds are on the roadmap where Caribdis could basically utilize that. My money's still on a Wild West*, Pirate, and/or Wasteland/Post-Apocalypse server happening, since there's a whole lot of assets you could use for those XD.

*Come on Caribdis I need to see Nova, Nancy, and/or Annie in a Saloon Gal outfit pleasepleasepleaseplease

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Skrrt! and Phase_01

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Like I said in an earlier post: if the theory is true then it's a cool subversion of "Ready Player One" which a lot of posters in this thread think is what Eternum's story is paying homage to. Instead of having all of these existing IPs from various media be placed into one "VRMMO," the twist would basically imply that it's the other way around: that this dimension is where all the ideas for those IPs originated from.

With that said, I'm wondering what other worlds are on the roadmap where Caribdis could basically utilize that. My money's still on a Wild West*, Pirate, and/or Wasteland/Post-Apocalypse server happening, since there's a whole lot of assets you could use for those XD.

*Come on Caribdis I need to see Nova, Nancy, and/or Annie in a Saloon Gal outfit pleasepleasepleaseplease
I've never seen the show but Westworlds could be a cool franchise to visit, seems like itd work well in the Eternum VR, with its wild westt/sci fi fusion

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Is the dev properly supporting this game? I don't want to start another game with a shitty dev. Been burned too many times already.
Definitely. Dev is all in 100%. Caribdis is well known around here and respected. They write excellent games. Should check out their other one (Once in a Lifetime) if you want to see their previous work.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Is the dev properly supporting this game? I don't want to start another game with a shitty dev. Been burned too many times already.
Dev already finished one game and is updating this one every four months, with each update containing around 2-3 hours worth of content. He's pretty much one of the most consistently productive devs here at the moment.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Well, I study philosophy, abd there is a point where you study about inspiration process. There is a popular theory that says something like "nothing NEW can be created, and everything is just part of another thing in the nature", so I think that in Eternum that it's the point. The Aliens were real and maybe we accessed to Eternum through flashes in dreams, and someone "had" the idea because they saw it but can't remember.

And that lead us to think that everything we created was because of the glimpses we see through dreams or visions. Those worlds are static so they can't progress (for example a server with medieval fantasy will not become futuristic with time). So we now are able to be in the original places, and we can use our fiction to help us too in those places (like with the heist, or Annie staying quiet and without moving to avoid the Aliens).

It's a really cool plot twist to show Easter eggs more freely.

Reactions: Phase_01

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
By Allah, pregnancy when
When it happens, it'll happen. In the dev's previous work, that occurred in v0.7 (if you haven't played the game, better not spoil further). The question is, when it finally happens is who of the LIs will be first to become pregnant.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
Bro... (Bad News) MC haven't fucked any LI's yet and still have no sexual content with Calypso,Luna, and Penelope. And you are already looking for pregnancy damn bro... You should at least start with "family planning" first.
Penny is gonna be the next, but I don't know about Luna and Calypso. Yes, we have the party, but I don't see Luna having more than a little kiss with Orion, is really soon in the story for her. But well, I never expect Alex masturbating you with her father present so I don't know what expect with Luna.
And Calypso is shocked because you have 18 years and is starting to understand that the world doesn't work like she was thinking, and with the "royalty/peasants" mentality I don't see Calypso fucking with you in a short time. Eternum feels like a most ambicious game than OiaL, so I'm cool with the idea of early FMC and late FMC, we don't need to burn every scene with every FMC at the same time.
Caribdis is doing and amazing job and he is fast with only 4 months between updates, I can wait a little for my hoped threesome with Luna and Nova, no hurries.

Reactions: starkj

starkj

May 17, 2022
Penny is gonna be the next, but I don't know about Luna and Calypso. Yes, we have the party, but I don't see Luna having more than a little kiss with Orion, is really soon in the story for her. But well, I never expect Alex masturbating you with her father present so I don't know what expect with Luna.
And Calypso is shocked because you have 18 years and is starting to understand that the world doesn't work like she was thinking, and with the "royalty/peasants" mentality I don't see Calypso fucking with you in a short time. Eternum feels like a most ambicious game than OiaL, so I'm cool with the idea of early FMC and late FMC, we don't need to burn every scene with every FMC at the same time.
Caribdis is doing and amazing job and he is fast with only 4 months between updates, I can wait a little for my hoped threesome with Luna and Nova, no hurries.
Watch Luna be the first one to have actual sex, jkjk

An known

Sep 16, 2021
Feels bad man... How can we fuck Penny if she's already dead?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Watch Luna be the first one to have actual sex, jkjk
You joke but it actually wouldn’t surprise me. I made a case for it a while back. She’s shy and such but that is largely because she has been unable to touch anyone really for years and has been forced into the situation not necessarily because that’s how she really is or wants to be. Now she can touch Orion, so she could go wild with that access very easily. A lot of “shy” girls are closet freaks, they just need the outlet.

4.80 star(s) 909 Votes